Preview Round 11 - Carlton vs Essendon* Sunday 2nd June 2019 3.20PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The three amigos were at their best when doing exactly this, opposition defenders literally folded under perceived pressure. I was really hoping to see Pickett do some of this. Oh well maybe 2020.

Yeah japan I really Hope Pickett gets on the park

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Given what we have to choose from in the 2’s I’m reasonably happy with the selection and structure.

Will Lang play as a mid do we think?

I like the idea of Fasolo and Cuningham at the feet of Harry, Charlie and Jack.

As someone else said, I’d like to see Setters on Heppel.

Ed to Zerrett

Also, where did I read that we play on from marks/free kicks the second most in the comp behind Melbourne? Or did I dream that?

Yep no more guarding . Attack the ball carrier and create pressure . Real or perceived. Make them turn it over .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is the key to the game, the team that tackles and applies the most pressure will win the game. It’s a skill we need to develop and apply pronto.

This is the key to the game, the team that tackles and applies the most pressure will win the game. It’s a skill we need to develop and apply pronto.
Our coach keeps stating we want to be defined by pressure then we pick 4 tall forwards that are ok athletically but they are not pressure forwards enabling us to retain the ball inside our forwrdline enough .
And then throw all our promising young mids in the centre so they can all blow up together as we sit on the sidelines watching teams murder us on the spread .
Then we as supporters think of Bolts and his we want to be defined by pressure comments and think "yeah sure bolts" .
Having rambled on enough we do seem to have a better balance for this game funny how just 1 tall goes out not to be replaced by another and the balance looks better .
Lets hope that transitions to what your saying and we are all wanting .

Our coach keeps stating we want to be defined by pressure then we pick 4 tall forwards that are ok athletically but they are not pressure forwards enabling us to retain the ball inside our forwrdline enough .
And then throw all our promising young mids in the centre so they can all blow up together as we sit on the sidelines watching teams murder us on the spread .
Then we as supporters think of Bolts and his we want to be defined by pressure comments and think "yeah sure bolts" .
Having rambled on enough we do seem to have a better balance for this game funny how just 1 tall goes out not to be replaced by another and the balance looks better .
Lets hope that transitions to what your saying and we are all wanting .
It’s why I prefer JSOS and Gibbons on the forward line, as they do apply pressure and tackle which keeps the ball there longer and create more scoring opportunities.

It’s why I prefer JSOS and Gibbons on the forward line, as they do apply pressure and tackle which keeps the ball there longer and create more scoring opportunities.
If we had more players with the will and want of Jack we'd be better off Gibbons im sure his best position is mid where and why he was recruited but has been used up forward in preference to development of others .
That tide seems to be turning however and was clearly a planned thing .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The carlton FB pages are ridiculously full of people that have no idea thank God they are not intelligent enough to discover Bigfooty

Although funnily they post “rumours” and “news” lifted directly from BF as their own intel, even when they’re bogus rumours.

I stopped following all FB associated pages they’re just trash.

An interesting stat during the game last night North’s Melbourne last few weeks have focused on tackles in forward half and stopping clean rebound out of their own F50. I don’t think we have anywhere near that kind of pressure on display but it would be a good focus. It doesn’t excuse or fix our diabolical disposal but if you can effective positive opportunities from turnovers in your forward half it’s amazing how much of a lift that provides the team.

I remember the games where guys like Lamb and Armfield would be instructed to have that role - and be a bit dirty while doing it. Certainly helped in the course of a few victories along the way.

Also saw that until last night Walsh and Gibbons were both top 5 in competition for total KM distance during games, so you can’t knock Gibbons work rate even if he has limited impact right now. He’s busting his guts.

Just dropped by to say thoughts are with you Thy and B&B.

Hopefully so joy will come by the Baggers sticking it right up the cheats!!

Yeah that whole 'defined by pressure' is lacking bolts. I'd be embarrassed to even mention it

I really dislike when that gets trotted out....cause if we are defined by anything it’s not pressure

We are defined by our atrocious skill level and lack of forward craft

Let’s hope that drastically changes this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that whole 'defined by pressure' is lacking bolts. I'd be embarrassed to even mention it

The club just seems to be somewhat despondent right now.
Wouldn't help watching the likes of North, Gold Coast and Saints seemingly fly past us, when we would have expected it to be the other way around.

Not sure what the line in the sand game is any more. Maybe it happened weeks ago and maybe it's yet to come about. Maybe it's this one. Who knows?
"Defined by pressure?" Let's see it this week and not just play with words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back