Preview Round 11 - Carlton vs Essendon* Sunday 2nd June 2019 3.20PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is right that we be defined by pressure. We define ourselves to be s**t at it for big periods of games and without that pressure give up way too easy goals.
Hence we need to re-define that aspect if you want to be respected.

I think the team they've put out is good enough to win this game.

I like that Bolton hasn't persisted with the 3 tall forward line in McGovern's absence. 2 of our last 3 wins were done with 2 talls in the forward line, not 3. that's been one of my major criticisms of him.

I just hope that the scrutiny, frustration isn't affecting the playing group. it's not fair for dow, stocker etc to have the scrutiny they've had so hopefully they can play their natural game and not get too hung up on the noise.

as for bolton, this is probably as close to a must win game as he's ever had. we get that he's all about development but part of that is learning to win and this game is very winnable. we've missed chances to win games that would have released the pressure on the group, he simply has to find a way to get the W.

my partner's mum died this morning - heading up to brisbane tomorrow to support her - will miss the game - from great sadness comes a little solace.......
Very sorry to hear that Thy. I hope all is as well as it can be at this time.
As for me, I’ll be in a plane somewhere between Mexico and Australia, so I’ll miss it too.

Very sorry to hear that Thy. I hope all is as well as it can be at this time.
As for me, I’ll be in a plane somewhere between Mexico and Australia, so I’ll miss it too.
very kind - aztec god of death.....

The club just seems to be somewhat despondent right now.
Wouldn't help watching the likes of North, Gold Coast and Saints seemingly fly past us, when we would have expected it to be the other way around.

Not sure what the line in the sand game is any more. Maybe it happened weeks ago and maybe it's yet to come about. Maybe it's this one. Who knows?
"Defined by pressure?" Let's see it this week and not just play with words.

The 'must win' game was last week and the club knows it. We match up far better on *FC so this is probably our best chance for a win since the hawks game, but the damage is already done

my partner's mum died this morning - heading up to brisbane tomorrow to support her - will miss the game - from great sadness comes a little solace.......

Sorry to read this, Thy. Condolences. Love and thoughts to you and yours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sitting next to Dyson Heppell at a cafe in Essendon. Any special requests?

Remind him Crippa likes blondes with curly hair??

Changes from Round 8 last year:

Carlton
Out: Garlett, Graham, Jones, Kerridge, Lamb, Mullett, O'Brien, O'Shea, Rowe, Simpson, Thomas, Wright
In: Gibbons, Casboult, Setterfield, Silvagni, Kennedy, Stocker, Marchbank, Newman, Cuningham, Walsh, Fasolo, Weitering

Essendon
Out: Fantasia, Goddard, Mutch, Myers, Stewart, Stringer, Smith
In: Francis, Redman, Begley, McGrath, Langford, Guelfi, D Clarke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back