Preview Round 11 - Carlton vs Essendon* Sunday 2nd June 2019 3.20PM @ MCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
my partner's mum died this morning - heading up to brisbane tomorrow to support her - will miss the game - from great sadness comes a little solace.......

Deepest condolences to you and your partner. Never is something so trivial as a football game put into perspective more than when compared to someone passing.

Take care.

Deepest condolences to you and your partner. Never is something so trivial as a football game put into perspective more than when compared to someone passing.

Take care.
many thanks, odn - you clowns really do rock.....

I hope we go in the way we have been named.

McKay at centre half forward, Charlie at full forward. I love Charlie leaping in the square if he gets back there with one or two defenders nearby. He's not going to get held down in congestion too much and his recovery when the ball comes to ground is great. Harry is a good shot around 50 and holds his marks more when providing an option up the ground.

We've named SPS and Fisher up forward. Naturally they will be more like attacking midfielders from there. Not in the centre getting out muscled, but both are good at spotting up short targets and SPS particularly finds space to be a target himself. More attacking, less slamming the ball on the boot in defence for these two please. Fish can definitely be the streaming inside 50, long kicking mid in the Camporeale mode. I hate having to see him spend too much time across half back trying to clean up loose ball, because while evasive, he can't stand in tackles and get it out.

Bombers have a good defence on paper with heaps of intercept marking ability. Our midfield will be the key to making their job harder. Centre line of Gibbons, Cripps, Cuningham. We will need Cunners' pace against the Bombers. Gibbons is far better in the midfield.

On ball division of Kreuzer, Kennedy, Ed. I like it. Tough and grinding at the stoppages, Ed can tag from there. Needs to have one of his huge tank games. We don't need him having 12 disposals and sharking goals.

Oh please Bolts, give this a chance.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Congrats on 50 games SonOfJo

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-05-31/jack-my-journey-to-50

Jack%20-%20Round%203%2C%202017.jpg

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Well if they were going to bring Fasolo in for anyone, I suppose it's manageable as a swap for McGovern. It's just a shame that the side is so drained of experience right now, and that it's still such a makeshift and second string defensive setup.

I would have preferred Garlett instead of Fasolo, but there's no doubting the latter has the ability to hit the scoreboard if he's able to get his hands on the footy within 60 metres of goal.

Last edited:

murphster

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Steelers,Dodgers,Casey Stoner
Well if they were going to bring Fasolo in for anyone, I suppose it's manageable as a swap for McGovern. It's just a shame that the side is so drained of experience right now, and that it's still such a makeshift and second string defensive setup.

I would have preferred Garlett instead of Fasolo, but there's no doubting the later has the ability to hit the scoreboard if he's able to get his hands on the footy within 60 metres of goal.
Garlett was my choice as well but had him in to play on Tipunwuti, rest of ins I had right.

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

I would have preferred Garlett instead of Fasolo, but there's no doubting the later has the ability to hit the scoreboard if he's able to get his hands on the footy within 60 metres of goal.

I dunno, i thought he was a big kick but the last few times i've seen him take a shot from around 50m out he hasn't even made the distance.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I dunno, i thought he was a big kick but the last few times i've seen him take a shot from around 50m out he hasn't even made the distance.
He's probably a solid 50-55 metre kick on a good day, but I was more referring to his ability to break into space and slot a goal.

Garlett was my choice as well but had him in to play on Tipunwuti, rest of ins I had right.
There wasn't really much else to choose from aside from Garlett and Kerr, but I agree that Garlett would have been a solid chance to play in defence if picked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back