Preview Round 11 - Carlton vs Essendon* Sunday 2nd June 2019 3.20PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We played 2 against them last year and Hurley ended up having to play on a small, my worry is they might move Hurley or Hooker forward this time.

We don't want Hooker to go forward so our tall forwards have to be accountable so he is forced to stay back. If they are trailing though, Hooker forward is their go to move.

They have a small forward line as it stands so a lot is going to depend on our intercept marking. Marchbank, Plowman, Weitering, Casboult back there with only McKernan a threat in the air, means we will be exposed when the ball hits the ground. Our defensive midfielders have to get back strongly. Question is ... who are our defensive midfielders?

We are a bloody tall team when you look at it.

11 players 190cm or more.

Casboult
Kreuzer
McKay
Curnow
Plowman
Cripps
Weitering
Marchbank
Kennedy
Silvagni
Setterfield

Bombers have 8 though.

Francis
Hooker
Hurley
Ambrose
Bellchambers
McKernan
Laverde
Langford

Last edited:
Been a while since we saw something like this

Of all the players who retired or left in the last 5 years, Walker is the one I miss the most. Played forward, back, midfield, could do the freakish things, had plenty of mongrel.

100% he could do it all.

Sat on heads for fun.
He was a good player, Turnovers in the modern game lead to goals, his kicking at times left a lot to be desired and that’s what stopped him going into the next echelon.

I just hope it’s not a similar scenario with Paddy Dow

Casboult
Kreuzer
McKay
Curnow
Plowman
Cripps
Weitering
Marchbank
Kennedy
Silvagni
Setterfield

Bombers have 9. though

Francis
Hooker
Hurley
Ambrose
Bellchambers
McKernan
Laverde
McKernan
Langford

I guess the difference is all of Essendons players are key position, whereas Cripps, Kennedy, and Setters are exclusively midfielders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Casboult
Kreuzer
McKay
Curnow
Plowman
Cripps
Weitering
Marchbank
Kennedy
Silvagni
Setterfield

Bombers have 9. though

Francis
Hooker
Hurley
Ambrose
Bellchambers
McKernan
Laverde
McKernan
Langford

Maybe 8, if you take out one of the McKernans

Not worried about the others, but again feel we could regret having Casboult playing.
Just looks too tall down back, again and especially so if it is going to rain. We did factor that in, didn't we?

Not worried about the others, but again feel we could regret having Casboult playing.
Just looks too tall down back, again and especially so if it is going to rain. We did factor that in, didn't we?
Is Casboult the issue? Marchbank is the one looking particularly useless this year. Doesn't take a top forward, doesn't provide defensive pressure, poor user of the footy... etc

Wait, before I do, is Corey still playing somewhere?

I guess the difference is all of Essendons players are key position, whereas Cripps, Kennedy, and Setters are exclusively midfielders.

Laverde and Langford aren't key position.

Can we still get Ratts to pull on the jumper? No?

Scotland and Carrazzo? Great soldiers, not superstars. Who would have thought we would miss their type so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back