Preview Round 11 Carlton vs West Coast @ Optus Stadium Sunday 9th August 3.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like McGovern & Fisher for Moore & Cuningham.
Bounce the ball and let's see if we do indeed have heart & soul!!!!

I know it will happen but I still don't see what McGovern has done to be instantly recalled. Wish we gave TDK a run.

Cunners played 59% gametime in a forward pocket. If Fisher gets the same or similar role may as well keep Cunners in. Wish they let players just play natural positions. EDIT: Just saw the injury report.

Last edited:

I know it will happen but I still don't see what McGovern has done to be instantly recalled. Wish we gave TDK a run.

Cunners played 59% gametime in a forward pocket. If Fisher gets the same or similar role may as well keep Cunners in. Wish they let players just play natural positions.

I agree with you on both counts but just on Cuningham, he is out with a calf for 1-2. I feel he carried that in last week and hence his position. Error on our behalf I would say.

I agree with you on both counts but just on Cuningham, he is out with a calf for 1-2. I feel he carried that in last week and hence his position. Error on our behalf I would say.

Yeah would make sense. Would just love to see him in the contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he went into the game with this injury I’m annoyed at the match committee. Surely that’s when a Fisher or Honey comes in as a straight swap. His form was iffy as it was, but if he had a calf niggle he shouldn’t have played.
If he picked it up on the day and played through it, I withdraw that comment.

If he went into the game with this injury I’m annoyed at the match committee. Surely that’s when a Fisher or Honey comes in as a straight swap. His form was iffy as it was, but if he had a calf niggle he shouldn’t have played.
If he picked it up on the day and played through it, I withdraw that comment.

Was the bandage on before or during the game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In: Fisher and Gov/TDK
Out: Cunners and Moore

If Gov isn’t 100% right to play, bring in TDK to replace Moore and support Pitto against Nic Nat.

Apparently a fair bit of rain is predicted for Sunday in Perth. If that eventuates, we can probably get away with playing any 3 of Cripps, Ed, Setters and Kennedy as our on ballers.

Otherwise we should start trying to introduce more dynamic players into the midfield and centre bounce with speed that can hurt the opposition on the outside. Martin and Fisher come to mind. Cunners and Dow when fit and selected. The midfield is too one paced at the moment which is making it hard for us to defend the opposition spread. The current mix is also quite predictable for the opposition to counter.

Expecting a better performance than last week. These guys may be the best in it at the moment, especially on their home deck, so a huge test awaits.

Surely Honey comes in for Cunners.
Yeah I’m really hoping they give Honey his first crack, has certainly been the form player in Cunningham’s position and should be a walk up start, McGovern still iffy and I really think we will need TDK to help Pitt try and counter Nic Nats leap, although we can bring in both and try and swing Levi back and use Jones purely as the interceptor which would give me a lot more confidence defensively but less forward of centre.

In: Fisher and Gov/TDK
Out: Cunners and Moore

If Gov isn’t 100% right to play, bring in TDK to replace Moore and support Pitto against Nic Nat.

Apparently a fair bit of rain is predicted for Sunday in Perth. If that eventuates, we can probably get away with playing any 3 of Cripps, Ed, Setters and Kennedy as our on ballers.

Otherwise we should start trying to introduce more dynamic players into the midfield and centre bounce with speed that can hurt the opposition on the outside. Martin and Fisher come to mind. Cunners and Dow when fit and selected. The midfield is too one paced at the moment which is making it hard for us to defend the opposition spread. The current mix is also quite predictable for the opposition to counter.

Expecting a better performance than last week. These guys may be the best in it at the moment, especially on their home deck, so a huge test awaits.

Once again we are on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back