Preview Round 11 Carlton vs West Coast @ Optus Stadium Sunday 9th August 3.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always the sum of all parts

One player coming in or out doesn't change the output considerably when there are 21 other players. Tweaking gameplan and tactics has a greater impact than one player

The finger pointing at just one player, who hasn't been one of our worst this year is truly hilarious, especially when you consider some of our wins to sides above us

If you say so. I would think putting an elite outside mid along side an elite inside mid like Cripps would make Cripps' possessions even more valuable and dramatically change how our midfield and team performs as a whole (Just like replacing Moore with Charlie Curnow would have a massive difference up forward) but of course you know best.

No nedd to go to the trade table this year, just tweak our game plan and premiership here we come.

Tehir forward line isn't responsible for their improved ball movement. Jones has certainly helped but I think a big reason some of the others you mention are improving is because of the role Hill is playing.
The forwards applying some more pressure on D50 exits makes it easier for the mids/defenders to recoup the ball and move it back inside 50. Having good targets getting to the right places certainly helps ability of players to move the ball well and hit targets. Having confidence in the forwards ahead of the ball adds to the quality of the delivery as the players are more likely to back themselves in to hit the pass as they have belief that the forwards will get to it. it's not just Hill (or Jones, Hannebury, Steele, Gresham, Billings, etc)

Laughable how some people think Moore being rewarded for VFL form somehow translates to keeping his spot ahead of TDK this week because TDK "hasn't earned it".

Newsflash: Moore is now horribly OUT of form, and is not going to be persisted with out of homage to scratch match form from a month ago.

The players have a fair idea of what the pecking order is. Giving Moore any sort of go at AFL level is already recognition of his hard work, so that sends a good message to the players.

The players will also understand when the younger, more talented, more position-relevant player in TDK is picked this week.

The forwards applying some more pressure on D50 exits makes it easier for the mids/defenders to recoup the ball and move it back inside 50. Having good targets getting to the right places certainly helps ability of players to move the ball well and hit targets. Having confidence in the forwards ahead of the ball adds to the quality of the delivery as the players are more likely to back themselves in to hit the pass as they have belief that the forwards will get to it. it's not just Hill (or Jones, Hannebury, Steele, Gresham, Billings, etc)
So you are saying it takes a team to play football?

Of course it isn't just Hill but Hill makes others around him better which is the point.

Laughable how some people think Moore being rewarded for VFL form somehow translates to keeping his spot ahead of TDK this week because TDK "hasn't earned it".
Newsflash: Moore is now horribly OUT of form, and is not going to be persisted with out of homage to scratch match form from a month ago.
The players have a fair idea of what the pecking order is. Giving Moore any sort of go at AFL level is already recognition of his hard work, so that sends a good message to the players.
The players will also understand when the younger, more talented, more position-relevant player in TDK is picked this week.

Homage :)

To have Moore in and being rucked would be......so wrong.
Even if TDK's game doesn't reach any great heights, it doesn't matter and it shouldn't make for a difficult decision to replace Moore with TDK.

The Big Lebowski just launched on netflix. Just makes your profile pic so much more awesome... Recently experienced it for the first time the other night.. absolutely fantasitc. I f*n love jeff bridges. 👌

One of my all time favourite movies. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Yeah nah .. cant snap goals ...

Well they're not going to put together a highlight real of the ones that fly off the side of the boot.

He's not a small forward to play at the feet of the talls, he's a midfielder who should be delivering forward or getting the handball as he runs into the 50.

Newnes probably needs to kick 20 goals per game avoid being whipping boy..lay off the guy people...
9 games, 3 with under 10 touches, none with more than 15, averaging 2 clangers a game and 2.3 turnovers. Only averaging 3.3 contested possessions and 1.9 tackles. Statistically nearly every stat is at a career low (by a long way).

Hard to say the criticism is unjustified.

Well they're not going to put together a highlight real of the ones that fly off the side of the boot.

He's not a small forward to play at the feet of the talls, he's a midfielder who should be delivering forward or getting the handball as he runs into the 50.

SO you say he can't do something, evidence is provided that he can but the evidence doesn't count because you say so?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my all time favourite movies. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I bought on 4k the other week (never seen it before) and already watched it 3 times.

John Goodman stole the show from Jeff Bridges I thought, always been a fan of the big fella !

Well said, and further on, if we don't start giving games to TDK, he may very well ask for a trade (where there will be no shortages of suitors)

Got nothing against Moore, but he is a depth player/break out in case of emergency/high injuries only.

I bought on 4k the other week (never seen it before) and already watched it 3 times.

John Goodman stole the show from Jeff Bridges I thought, always been a fan of the big fella !

MrsEddieBetts - care to make a comment on this being such a big John Goodman fan?

SO you say he can't do something, evidence is provided that he can but the evidence doesn't count because you say so?

Yep, pretty much.

My own opinion - Fisher is nothing special around goal, particularly if he's not facing goal. He also has no ability or confidence to kick on his right. There are, of course, instances where he has snapped goals, but from my viewing, there have also been many instances where his attempted snaps have missed the target by a loooong way. Casboult has snapped a few goals in his time, but it's not his strength either - difference is that he's there to clunk marks and line up for set shots. If Fisher plays as a forward pocket, his strengths are hampered and his weaknesses exacerbated.

Ergo, play him up the field, where he can be a wider receiver for the contested boys, have some space to work with, and deliver to our big targets, or don't play him. Same goes for Dow, same goes for Walsh, same goes for SPS. We want someone to play in a forward pocket, make it someone who can more reliably dribble or snap a goal from a tough angle - ie. Gibbons, Martin, Betts, Murphy, Lang, Cuningham - and hopefully Owies, Honey and Phillips at some point.

Last edited:

I can’t speak for everyone else, but I agree with you re the players understanding a potential TDK/Moore swap this week. And I don’t think there is a single poster on here who can legitimately say that Moore deserves the spot ahead of TDK - either building for the future or playing for the now.
But I believe the match committee has made their intentions well known, by keeping Fish/LOB/TDK out of the team.
I for one hope and pray that this hardline stance is changed, starting as soon as this week. Not sure it will though.

I can’t speak for everyone else, but I agree with you re the players understanding a potential TDK/Moore swap this week. And I don’t think there is a single poster on here who can legitimately say that Moore deserves the spot ahead of TDK - either building for the future or playing for the now.
But I believe the match committee has made their intentions well known, by keeping Fish/LOB/TDK out of the team.
I for one hope and pray that this hardline stance is changed, starting as soon as this week. Not sure it will though.
If nothing else, the thought of Moore lining up at a centre bounce versus Naitanui would surely be enough to scare Teague into making the change.

If nothing else, the thought of Moore lining up at a centre bounce versus Naitanui would surely be enough to scare Teague into making the change.

The only logistical reason for keeping Moore in the team IMHO if Teague and the MC have worries about the Eagles tall forward line, and aside from Plowman who was good, our backline was deplorable against The Hawks.

Would rather Levi in the ruck than Moore

Think i’de like to see Weiters go to Kennedy who’s in red hot form, Jones who is a little out of sorts to Darling and Levi helping them out by dropping back periodically with McGovern back in.

TDK probably has to play for that to eventuate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back