Preview Round 11 Carlton vs West Coast @ Optus Stadium Sunday 9th August 3.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kennedy’s form line has been Good game, Poor game, Good game, Poor game as a midfielder. Due for a good game?

Think they’ll persist but he can’t afford to be this up and down at this stage of his career and with he’s limitations. Anyway at least we’ll find out one way or another soon enough I guess. If he loses he’s spot now he’ll be in Darcy Lang territory
I don't care what his form is like if his TOG stays so low it's unviable to continue to play him. Just puts far too much pressure on the players who don't get a rest because for some reason he has to sit on the bench for 40% of the game.

I don't care what his form is like if his TOG stays so low it's unviable to continue to play him. Just puts far too much pressure on the players who don't get a rest because for some reason he has to sit on the bench for 40% of the game.
Honest opinion I think he’s done, but we desperately need to find these thing out

OUT: Moore, Kennedy, Newnes
IN: McGovern, JSOS, Fisher

FB: Plowman Jones Simpson
HB: Docherty Weitering SPS
C: Walsh E.Curnow Murphy
HF: Cuningham Casboult Martin
FF: McGovern McKay Betts

R: Pittonet Cripps Setterfield

Int: JSOS, Gibbons, Williamson, Fisher

EMG: TDK, Honey, O'Brien, Newnes

Can't really afford to lose any run and disposal into the forward line, but can't afford to keep players who can't execute one of those things on a remotely consistent basis.

Last edited:

Prediction? Competitive for a quarter and a half, maybe a little longer, and the avalanche will begin. They may miss a few opportunities and keep us believing but they will get a 5 to 7 goal win. Honey will be in the media the following week for his explosion onto the AFL scene.

Our performance was so far below our standards after QT against the Hawks and so poor across most facets of the game, it makes it hard to judge where we are as a team and also the individual performances. Only Curnow and Cripps managed to get their hands on the ball out of the middle and can't remember the last time a two man on-ball brigade won a game of footy. Eagles will bring the intensity and if we manage to bring a decent level of play we can see which players can stand up to the heat.

-Newnes has some some good moments and always seems to bob up with a goal but his fumbles and skill errors seem to cost us. Will have his work cut out against Gaff and Sheed and we will get a good look at him
-Kennedy if he stays in will come up against possibly the fastest midfield in the league. Big test and I am not too confident in this one but atleast we will know more by the end of it
-Murphy seems to be making a lot of errors lately. With no outside mids banging the door down in the resies he will likely get his chance to come good and I think he still has some good moment left in him
-Willo- would like to see Teague ask more of him in terms of rebound and demanding some handball receives coming out of defence .With Doch and SPS down on form we need to find more avenues for some drive out of defence.
-Moore- haven't seen much in his two games unfortunately. Would prefer McGovern or JSOS if available
-Cunningham, SPS, Setters were all well down this week. This is to be expected with youth but also expecting a response. SPS continues to show that HB isn't really the role for him but without anyone to take this role I see why we are forced to persist with him.
-Teague: in game adjustments didn't seem to work for me. As an example, Mitchell ran off Kennedy easily and linked up alot of play for the Hawks. With Walsh struggling to get into the game on the wing, putting him in the middle to match up on Mitchell could have been a possible route. In the end Murphy came on ball in the 4th quarter to little effect. Clarko has come under a lot of heat lately but his record speaks for itself and he backs himself and his team to make swaps in game. Hopefully Teaguey shows us something similar instead of just falling back on the old guard in Murphy and Curnow to come good for us.

Feel like this game is a bit of a free hit as a supporter. At the very least, want to see us take the game to them like we did against the only other two contenders we played in Port and Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you people asking for Newnes to be dropped even watch the games or are you just copy pasting you last post?!!

There are guys with more experience and bigger pay packets that produce ALOT less than poor old Newnesy. They should be dropped well before you're fav whiipping boy.

Do you people asking for Newnes to be dropped even watch the games or are you just copy pasting you last post?!!

There are guys with more experience and bigger pay packets that produce ALOT less than poor old Newnesy. They should be dropped well before you're fav whiipping boy.
Screenshot_20200802_004422_com.telstra.android.afl.jpg
Who exactly are you talking about thats more experienced that produced more than Newnes?
6 touches in a wing/HF role. You know why he's not playing in the middle also? He's not good enough.

Pay packets got to do with selection? Should be nothing. Newnes was one of many who got smoked by their direct opponent.

It will never change, even when we are a finals side. Whipping boys will always be the first targeted

It will never change, even when we are a finals side. Whipping boys will always be the first targeted

Agree.

We seem to have the same names appear every time we lose.

Newnes,Gibbons,Kennedy and to a lesser degree Cunners,Setterfield and Murphy.

Whilst I agree we need to keep pushing our youth we still need to win games of footy.Finding the right balance is our challenge along with every other team.So far we haven’t had any major injuries since round 2 if you compare us to other teams.

What’s also baffling is the criticism of Teague.When we win people talk about his game style and how exciting it is,when we lose people make stupid comments like we should’ve gone after Ratten.

At the end of the day you can’t please everyone.Were supporters and we bleed navy blue.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We seem to have the same names appear every time we lose.
Newnes,Gibbons,Kennedy and to a lesser degree Cunners,Setterfield and Murphy.

Whilst I agree we need to keep pushing our youth we still need to win games of footy.Finding the right balance is our challenge along with every other team.So far we haven’t had any major injuries since round 2 if you compare us to other teams.

What’s also baffling is the criticism of Teague.When we win people talk about his game style and how exciting it is,when we lose people make stupid comments like we should’ve gone after Ratten.

At the end of the day you can’t please everyone.Were supporters and we bleed navy blue.

You're generalising here, as not everyone has the same ideas.
Have you Moore as an out this week and if so, is he then by default one of these 'whipping boys'
People post their teams and most have reasons for what they want to see and if we don't like it, let's ask that individual why. If they can answer the question, then it makes for a considered opinion.
There will always be a few though that just don't like someone and would irrationally have them out of the team, even if they kicked 5 and were BOG :)

All coaches are open to criticism.
Only a couple of weeks back Clarkson was past his use by date and this week, he's only a little short of being a revelation. Who cares?

I don't know whether Teague is a good coach nor a poor one, but at least he's a little more open to trying new things, even though one can argue that wasn't the case last week. Live and learn.
Much too early to make any real assessment upon Teagues' coaching abilities and his ability to 'make things happen'
The reason we have Teague is because our last coach couldn't make things happen and as for Ratten - I wouldn't take on board too much of what Mitch Robinson has to say :)

We were a better side last year when Casboult switched into defence whilst Jones was injured. Think TDK and Harry can play tall forwards which allows Casboult to move into defence. Cas just seems a bit more patient and settled, and is more likely to try and mark in defense than punch (more control).

Jones doesn't have to be dropped, he could be an effective third tall forward now that he has the confidence....competition for spots
im also losing confidence in jones. yes he has been good but even when playing well he makes me nervous. you just dont know what he is about to do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back