Preview Round 11 Carlton vs West Coast @ Optus Stadium Sunday 9th August 3.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

After a savage beating we always turn up to our next one, I expect we win this by like 4 points

Changes:

Moore -> Fisher

I feel like we need a bit of speed against this West Coast.

Ed Curnow needs to tag Shuey, period.

I will let Walsh run with Gaff to learn elite wing running patterns.

If we dish up anything like the Hawks game, we’re in for an absolute belting.
Some resolve required

Should have brought in Honey vs HFC. Not sure on the debutants vs WCE but I’d like to see Owies & Honey have a run soon (edit: & Cottrell)

Need to jolt the midfield somehow.

Goodbye Moore (TDK)
Murphy (Fisher)
+ see how Polson goes down back (poor bugger, could get thrown to the wolves like his debut vs PTA).

Cuners cannot present that again & keep his spot. Resume Essendon positioning/role.
Kennedy’s due for his good match in the rolling 1 good for 1 bad combo

Learn how to kick during the week. To the same jumper & keep it in the field of play.

Last edited:
Would love to see Teague come out and make a statement against a few who have just cruised through without any worry of being dropped
TDK in out Moore(not up too it)
Fisher in out SPS (needs to be more accountable /played out of position?)
Dow in out Murphy (way too many turnovers and tackling pressure is non existent)
McGovern in out Jones (for all his desperation undoes his good work with inexplicable brain farts that always cost goals and momentum)
JSOS in out Cuningham (no impact/played out of position?)
but it will probably just be out Moore in TDK as some players seem untouchable to the axe and we have a few injuries so McG and JSOS probably wont get up for the game.

They will pump us there.....unless we acclimatise and quickly.

These are the changes I'd like to see:

- Murphy and Cuningham change roles. We're not getting much from Cuningham up forward that Murphy cannot provide. Cuningham gives us more speed and quick break aways on the outside. Not getting this from him in his current role.

- If Cripps is resting forward, send him FF.

- Get Sammo back on the ball. He is not a defender. His instinct is to hunt the ball and he is simply not accountable enough.

This might be OK if we didn't already have Doc and Simmo playing similarly unaccountable - both great interceptors, but we're getting scored too easily on turnovers and quick rebounds because of it. Doc being in a form slump isn't helping, and Jones is letting bad habits creep in. Terrible positioning, over committing, letting his man get goal side too often.

Our defence as a whole needs to get back to basics.

- I'd like Fisher to come in, not sure where. Maybe send him back in place of SPS, and see if he can do a job like Daniels. He's got quick hands and smarts like Daniels, not to his high level yet, but I'd rather him trialed over SPS and Polson at least, and to be honest even Simmo. Need someone who can pressure, harass and has footy smarts.

Starting team I'd like to see:

FB: Fisher Jones Plowman
HB: Doc Weitering Willo
C: Cuningham Setterfield Walsh
HF: Martin Cas Kennedy
FF: Murphy McKay Owies
R: Pitto Cripps Ed
Int: SPS, Newnes, Simpson, Honey

IN: Fisher, Owies, Honey
OUT: Moore, Betts, Gibson

What I'd like to see:

Murphy out replaced with LoB on a wing.
Moore out for TDK. Pittonet saved by age.
Jones out for Macreadie or Marchbank if fit.
Newnes out for Fisher. Newnes is far from our worst but we need to see how good these kids are, we know what Newnes is.

SPS has to be moved from the backline. Either dropped it moved. It's abhorrent coaching to leave him there. Polson deserves a shot or even Cotter's.

I don't think JSOS nor Dow will be fit. McGovern should stay out as he hasn't been fit since joining CFC.

But in reality the change I honestly expect is Lang in for one of the kids with upside eg Kennedy. Cause that's exactly what we like to do.

I like TDK, but bringing him in for Moore (third tall fwd) has me concerned. So we run out with Cas, Harry, TDK and Pitt in the one team? To
give pace/mobility and goal kicking I’d have thought Honey or Fish for Moore. JSOS or Gov assumed as not being available.

I like the suggestion of switching roles of Murphy and Cuners, as we know MC won’t be dropping Murph anytime soon. Cuners needs to be challenged as per Bombers game, 4 touches again like y’day and he’s in trouble.

Last edited:
No change.
I want Teague to play all his deckchairs one more time against WC so he can see once and for all the facts of the matter.
The following week against Fremantle, having finally accepted reality, Teague should return to the fundamentals of the clubs stated intention of building a team to win premierships as against just scraping into the top eight * style.

56C42B42-4E49-426C-A540-29E2B1AD22B3.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moore should never play again.
Cripps needs to go back to the gym and get back to his playing weight.

LOB onto a wing, Walsh into the guts.
hmmmm
When Marchy comes back can we shift SPS? Like to get the very best out of him.

I'm a massive Setterfield fan, but time to make a statement. Kid drunk his own bathwater - 2 touches after QTR time is not good enough.

SPS in the same boat. I could excuse fewer touches as a defender when it was all one way traffic, but 3 possessions after QTR time - not good enough.

Newnes & Cuningham with them - sure they bob up for some sneaky goals, but don't offer us a lot more at this stage.

Murphy just laconic - 1 in 3 touches was a turnover, surprised Moore got a second chance.

Ins: Dow, Fisher, LOB, TDK, Honey
Outs: Setterfield, Murphy, SPS, Moore, Newnes - Cuningham on thin ice

If we dish up anything like the Hawks game, we’re in for an absolute belting.
Some resolve required

Should have brought in Honey vs HFC. Not sure on the debutants vs WCE but I’d like to see Owies & Honey have a run soon (edit: & Cottrell)

Need to jolt the midfield somehow.

Goodbye Moore (TDK)
Murphy (Fisher)
+ see how Polson goes down back (poor bugger, could get thrown to the wolves like his debut vs PTA).

Cuners cannot present that again & keep his spot. Resume Essendon positioning/role.
Kennedy’s due for his good match in the rolling 1 good for 1 bad combo

Learn how to kick during the week. To the same jumper & keep it in the field of play.

60 points plus if play like yesterday

A couple of things here -

1. It's a shame that we got to the point we may have started to know what we had, that it's now all up in the air again.
2. Having said that though, the 'mood' swings from just about every team have been wild this year.

Maybe we could have done without at least a couple of the players yesterday, but that's not the issue on its own.
Teague will need to dig deep to find a team that's going to be competitive against this mob on their home turf, but it can be done.

Who gives a fu**? Season is already over.

No idea why anyone would want Cripps in the forward line when the guy can’t kick.
Well I think this is a reason to play the kids..if were not a genuine contender, then we should get games into the future of the club. Continuity be damned....earn your spot regardless of level

Out: Murphy, SPS, Moore
In: LOB, Fisher, TDK or McGovern

I'd love to get Dow in too but three changes is the most that should happen.

Murphy and SPS were awful yesterday. SPS was a liability in defense and Murphy coughed up the ball or put his teammates in a terrible position every sing;e time he touched the ball. Moore just isn't AFL standard.

LOB off halfback, Fisher to the wing and TDK forward/ruck. Done.

Out: Murphy, SPS, Moore
In: LOB, Fisher, TDK or McGovern

I'd love to get Dow in too but three changes is the most that should happen.

Murphy and SPS were awful yesterday. SPS was a liability in defense and Murphy coughed up the ball or put his teammates in a terrible position every sing;e time he touched the ball. Moore just isn't AFL standard.

LOB off halfback, Fisher to the wing and TDK forward/ruck. Done.
I'd be comfortable with this with a few more on notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back