Preview Round 11 Carlton vs West Coast @ Optus Stadium Sunday 9th August 3.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd make a couple of changes but more than anything switch roles around the field. Murphy to the backline and SPS on ball. LOB and Fisher into the team for running power, speed and outside skills.

Moore out for McGovern/TDK depending on fitness
Cuningham for Fisher
Newnes for LOB

At quarter time last week i said to myself Newnes definitely deserved to be in the team. Then by full time with only 2 more possessions i changed my mind. I'd just rather give one of our younger players games as Newnes will not be in our next premiership side. We need to find out more about all these players on the periphery and give them game time.

B: Simpson Jones Plowman
HB: Docherty Weitering Williamson
C: Walsh Curnow LOB
HF: Martin McKay Fisher
F: Betts Casboult McGovern/TDK
R: Pittonet Cripps SPS

D Rotation: Murphy
Mid Rotation: Kennedy Setterfield
F Rotation: Gibbons

Honey to come in if any injuries in mid/fwd and 1 more reserves game for Dow's fitness otherwise he would have been considered.

I also saw Lynch was back to his old bully tricks again and his coach endorses it, pick on someone your own size Lynch you weak prick, you won’t even face Andrews but your more than happy to beat up on Answerth who’s half your size or slam Witherdons head into the ground when he’s lying face down, this is something he did routinely at Gold Coast and I hated him for it then, I hate bully’s and I hope someone puts him flat on his back one day to teach him a lesson, Hardwick is a disgrace for praising him for it and it’s shameful on both there parts. 🤬🤬

Hardwick would praise anyone who puts themselves out there as a faux tough guy. Straight out of the Alistair Clarkson coaching manual.

Hi Guys wondering if anyone could PM me 3 bar codes so i can buy some tics to the game?
cheers

Good luck guys, 25-45mm rain predicted, thunderstorm as well, this is going to be an old fashioned slog. I think it'll * over both our forward lines, seems like a game that will hinge on midfield dominance. I remember your win last year vs freo in the wet, its going to be a close game imo!

Hi Guys wondering if anyone could PM me 3 bar codes so i can buy some tics to the game?
cheers

You should be good for tickets regardless of member codes, our last two games have not sold out, and with the weather predicted I doubt this weeks game will sell out either.

So the fact that he's a defensive winger and our midfield is being destroyed by quick transition making our defense struggle every week doesn't ring any alarm bells? His direct opponents are the people delivering I50s repeatedly every week. Yes, it's not just him, it's the whole midfield but trying to write a narrative saying he's been good is just wrong. He's been bog ordinary all season EXCEPT When he's been played in the f50. Where he's actually been quite good.
Newnes put in a solid 4-5 games stretch before the hawthorn game (as did most of our team). Now that abomination of a game is over everyone's calling for him to be dropped as if he's the reason that happened.

Do you think that if LOB had played instead of Newnes the hawthorn game would have been any different at all?

Newnes put in a solid 4-5 games stretch before the hawthorn game (as did most of our team). Now that abomination of a game is over everyone's calling for him to be dropped as if he's the reason that happened.

Do you think that if LOB had played instead of Newnes the hawthorn game would have been any different at all?
Of course it would've been different, they're different players. Look at the afl websites mid year review and the number of inside 50s we concede. Our midfield has been awful on defensive transition. That's basically the wings and flankers not positioning well enough and the setup around the stoppage itself not working well enough. I assume it's a bit of both. Either way Newnes is symbolic of a midfield not getting the job done, he's not the only one. Obviously. Murphy also had a shocker but has been better every other game, he provides more options and players like Walsh are still learning and will be more up and down.

I can't believe lob vs Newnes is a debate. If lob can give exactly what newnes can then he should be in the team over him. Lob will only get better. We've seen what newnes can do... Newnes in his current position is directly in the way of lob and probably Fisher. 2 young guys everyone thinks very highly of and we would all surely back them to out produce what newnes has done on the wing, easily. On the last week or two I'd probably back their output over murph too. Although I am still confident murph provides way more structure and running power than people give credit for.

In saying that I'd be happy with newnes shifting to cunners role this weekend to get one of fish or lob in and on the wing.

Ahhh its good to see nothing has changed... the old a certain player has one ordinary game after 4 great and get them out to here... youre all crazy hahahaha no point playing honey if he can't run out a game yet.. seeing people outting betts is outrageous. He sets out whole fwd line up some things are worth more than touches when will you simples ever learn lol "Moore should never play again" imagine if we did that to simmo after his 0 touch 3 first games spare me 🙄only way line up changes is for injuries or back from it unless someone is out of form for weeks... not 3 quarters of the last game thats how people get Nick grahamed and never get better at the level too many in out in out just play them for blocks for God sake 🙄 gibbons was terrible forward last year... now he rolls though the fwd line and midfield like a pro its called PERSISTENTS if you don't let some things ride out you will never get results just like all the cries I hear about plowman because they only remember 3 mistakes he made vs the 10+ times he won or evened a contest

O’Shea, Mullett, Newnes - stories are the same names changed to protect the innocent.
The hell are you on about O'Shea's and mullet aren't fit to tie Newnes shoes if you think he's been terrible you need to watch a different sport... why does every player need to be a superstar? He's literally that second tier player every premiership team needs not to 20 to 30 good disposals a game but he kicks goals and sometimes really good important out of no where one's how dare you use that blasphemy here. Kicked 2 more goals last week than McKay I think you all need to stop looking at stats to try and justify your ridiculous calls hes even kicked more goals than McKay this season... see where your logic is flawed i can't believe how stupid you all are lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can raise the ante on that one and from the same year - Pick #3 rookie draft - Matt Shaw.

At least O'Shea tried but Mullet and Shaw just didn't seem to care.
Mullet had the kicking ability too but yeah they kinda probably knew they were just filling holes for the time being but they could have turned it into something different

The hell are you on about O'Shea's and mullet aren't fit to tie Newnes shoes if you think he's been terrible you need to watch a different sport... why does every player need to be a superstar? He's literally that second tier player every premiership team needs not to 20 to 30 good disposals a game but he kicks goals and sometimes really good important out of no where one's how dare you use that blasphemy here. Kicked 2 more goals last week than McKay I think you all need to stop looking at stats to try and justify your ridiculous calls hes even kicked more goals than McKay this season... see where your logic is flawed i can't believe how stupid you all are lol

Clape, Rice, Pearce, Manton, Spalding he is not.

and ease off on calling posters, stupid.

Last edited:
Ahhh its good to see nothing has changed... the old a certain player has one ordinary game after 4 great and get them out to here... youre all crazy hahahaha no point playing honey if he can't run out a game yet.. seeing people outting betts is outrageous. He sets out whole fwd line up some things are worth more than touches when will you simples ever learn lol "Moore should never play again" imagine if we did that to simmo after his 0 touch 3 first games spare me 🙄only way line up changes is for injuries or back from it unless someone is out of form for weeks... not 3 quarters of the last game thats how people get Nick grahamed and never get better at the level too many in out in out just play them for blocks for God sake 🙄 gibbons was terrible forward last year... now he rolls though the fwd line and midfield like a pro its called PERSISTENTS if you don't let some things ride out you will never get results just like all the cries I hear about plowman because they only remember 3 mistakes he made vs the 10+ times he won or evened a contest

This....is a very solid post....even if the structure of it meant I couldn't take a breath the whole way through...

10+ times, is that the sum total of his career or just season 2020.

:think:

Good luck guys, 25-45mm rain predicted, thunderstorm as well, this is going to be an old fashioned slog. I think it'll fu** over both our forward lines, seems like a game that will hinge on midfield dominance. I remember your win last year vs freo in the wet, its going to be a close game imo!

You should be good for tickets regardless of member codes, our last two games have not sold out, and with the weather predicted I doubt this weeks game will sell out either.

We seem to do well in the wet so i'm pretty happy with this.

With rain and the fact that Cunners is out, i'd expect Kennedy to keep his spot...excelled in the wet against Dogs & North.

Haha can't believe we are still debating a foot soilder like Newnes

Think we have bigger fish to fry

Of which, Fisher should come in for Cuners who was also underwhelming. Unfortunately he is injured though, but let's see how long it takes for him to be selected again

Lol even though he barely touched it after quarter time he was still far from our worst with his 2 goals in the first. And as a winger it's hard to get possessions if our inside mids are losing contested possessions and clearances the way we did after quarter time. How did Walsh go...

The main reason for our loss was clearly our main midfield getting absolutely smashed after quarter time...Cripps/Kennedy/Setters/Murphy in particular. We just got beaten around the contest and let Hawthorn have many easy clearances out of the middle and were just constantly on the back foot. That and some seriously momentum killing errors with ball in hand - Cripps one of the main culprits and Doc had a really poor game too yet some people are picking on Newnes?

Seriously Newnes is not a big issue...LOB wouldn't have done any better and isn't even making the emergencies list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back