Preview Round 11 Carlton vs West Coast @ Optus Stadium Sunday 9th August 3.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If ya wanna stay mediocre, keep playing Newnes. All his 150 games have been in mediocre teams. With some luck and compliant selectors, he might even make 200 like Zaharakis.

We have better. And if we don't, we're in trouble.

When we had O'Shea and Mullett i don't think we had better, embarrassing as that is.
It's Moneyball FFS. He's an upgrade, embrace it and move on.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I think his position has been guaranteed for a few games, it was a way to get him across.

I agree with depth, otherwise.

With the club's strategy to play older players, and I think it was to get wins early on, but then likely be 4-6 after this weekend, then I think you'll see him in depth territory from then on.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

interested to see how LOB goes again. last i remember was that he was a bit hesitant to go in and people were calling for him to spend some time in seconds. hopefully he has made some ground. i look forward to seeing him and other developing players soon. best test is at afl level.
I can't wait until he's back in the side. The kid has got major talent and, I believe, is a major part of our future.

Not angry at all, something has to change with our exits out of defence. Particularly when a behind is scored we seem to struggle to stop repeat entries.

Considering we generally don't drop players. Solution to me is try and get the ball to a developing player who has good disposal.

I would also be channeling disposal through Williamson, he is the best kick in our team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still want to stick with the idea of sending Newnes further into the stoppage along with Murphy and Walsh, and getting O'Brien on the outside with Fisher. Comes at the expense of Kennedy, but I see Newnes' game as interchangeable with his, except he's stronger, fitter, faster and better by foot, though a weaker overhead mark and maybe a smidge down on game sense.

If its as wet as the forecast suggests please have Kennedy and SPS in the guts, bring in JSOS for Moore, Fish for Cunners and Honey for I dont know just get him in.
Silvagni is injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back