Preview Round 11 Carlton vs West Coast @ Optus Stadium Sunday 9th August 3.35pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Betting De Koning will impose himself when possible.
Guy doesn't have a lot of regard for his body and I feel he'll do what he can to stay in the side more than a week.

Looking forward to Cottrell also and as to the job he'll be given.
Wouldn't mind seeing him in a run-with role and if someone gets a chance, can they get a tape measure on him?

Not feeling confident at all, i hope we do good.
I'm confident we will give a great effort. Beyond that, no expectation. Look forward to seeing what unfolds. Good, bad or ugly.

Betting De Koning will impose himself when possible.
Guy doesn't have a lot of regard for his body and I feel he'll do what he can to stay in the side more than a week.

Looking forward to Cottrell also and as to the job he'll be given.
Wouldn't mind seeing him in a run-with role and if someone gets a chance, can they get a tape measure on him?
Excited to see all 3 inclusions today. A new dynamic for sure.

Brezsa

Club Legend
Mar 10, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
At least if it’s going to be as wet as they say it should really help our backline out and not effect us with our outs as much. Also I see little point of trying to get extra height playing Kennedy forward in these conditions, use his bigger body around the contest. Let our smaller forward ground players try to get an advantage over their less mobile defenders, the ball is going to be on the ground most of the day anyway. Cripps, Curnow, Kennedy and Setterfield are all supposed to offer some grunt so it’ll be interesting how they go against the more silky WC midfield in the rain.
A real character building game this for players like Setterfield, Kennedy, SPS even Fisher. Really looking forward to this game and think we will learn abit about the group today.

Its going to be, I just took the dogs for a walk between showers, the winds up and it’s that swirly breeze you get before a storm. For once I think BOM is right.

I agree, I’m quite happy to sit in the rain on my birthday if it gives them a better chance which I think it does
Happy birthday!
Here's hoping the Baggers give you an awesome pressie.

Bokan

All Australian
Dec 21, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Ladhams is 22 though, so more development there.

Aarts averages 8 disposals and 1 goal per game as a 2nd year 26 year old.

The only ones I can think of this year who have really performed right off the bat are Rankine, Rowell, Young, Georgiades, Max King and Eggmolesse-Smith who is 22.
And egmollesse Smith was terrible last night too

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brezsa

Club Legend
Mar 10, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Weather update, will drizzle most of the morning here (remember 2 hours behind here) about 1 hour before match will start to bucket, then the storm and heaviest rain is suppose to arrive around 2pm or 30 min after the match starts.

So if that holds then starting well if going to be huge, as it’s only going to get worst 50+mm expected

Love the Drake

Premiership Player
Nov 22, 2013
Mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
Tough ask against the in form Eagles on their home turf without our three first choice forwards.

DeKoning and Cottrell are both still raw, so not expecting too much. Fish adds some much needed run.

Hoping to see a committed, ‘head over the ball’ midfield surging the ball forward in the rain, giving our small forwards every opportunity. CAS and TDK just have to compete and make a contest. Can’t have Hurn and McGovern intercepting all day.

Will be a tough day at the office.

Go blues..Have a dip!

Both Cottrell and TDK will put their nose over the ball, body on the line. A chance for both to make a claim for the starting 22

I like the inclusions this week

You were not wrong Azza ....

Geez!!!

jezza25

All Australian
Oct 2, 2008
Torquay
AFL Club
Carlton
Mc
Tough ask against the in form Eagles on their home turf without our three first choice forwards.

DeKoning and Cottrell are both still raw, so not expecting too much. Fish adds some much needed run.

Hoping to see a committed, ‘head over the ball’ midfield surging the ball forward in the rain, giving our small forwards every opportunity. CAS and TDK just have to compete and make a contest. Can’t have Hurn and McGovern intercepting all day.

Will be a tough day at the office.

Go blues..Have a dip!
McGoverns not playing

rampar

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Ladhams is 22 though, so more development there.

Aarts averages 8 disposals and 1 goal per game as a 2nd year 26 year old.

The only ones I can think of this year who have really performed right off the bat are Rankine, Rowell, Young, Georgiades, Max King and Eggmolesse-Smith who is 22.

What he meant was.... there is always some unknown hack that has a break out game against us, then they go back to normal for the rest of the year :)

Looking forward to this arvo's game. The Eagles are in very good nick so I'm not expecting much, but in saying that the rain should even things up a bit.

As long as the boys bring the intensity and as close to a 4 quarter effort as possible I'll be happy.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Match ups I would like to see

Ed to Kelly
Setters to Yeo
Martin head to head with Shuey
TDK at centre bounces 2nd half of each qtr

Back 6 to keep their structure, with Weits deeper than Jones. If their half forwards push too far up the ground, let them with the exception of retaining a +1

Wet weather footy, get it forward at all costs and win/retain territory, which will force mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back