Preview Round 11 Carlton vs West Coast @ Optus Stadium Sunday 9th August 3.35pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoundbyKreuze

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Ladhams is 22 though, so more development there.

Aarts averages 8 disposals and 1 goal per game as a 2nd year 26 year old.

The only ones I can think of this year who have really performed right off the bat are Rankine, Rowell, Young, Georgiades, Max King and Eggmolesse-Smith who is 22.
Cottrell is 20 and TDK Is 21. These guys aren’t traditional rookies. Ones play a few games already. Let’s compare them to vandemeer, Zac Bailey, Jack Ross, Mabior Chol or V Brayden Sier. I’m not directly aiming this at the two players coming into the side. But we have a lot of kids that have not come on like they’re supposed to. We may need to just start trading for already developed players like hawks and saints. I know, our current development team is very new to Carlton a deserve some time to sort our s**t show out.

I reckon we hold off calling DeKoning The King. It's a little embarrassing since he really hasn't done anything of note in 3 or 4 years.
But it's his name! :D
Are ya gonna call David King something else?
David Prince?
David North?

DirtyLeeds

Premium Platinum
May 27, 2018
Soldiers Hill, Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golf handicap 16
Just like the Geelong game, no expectations, no one gives them a chance, nothing to loose. This also is a game we'll probably win and further confuse the loyal, noisey, bagger supporter base. This year is about enjoying the ride.

Abyss

Senior List
Jan 30, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, South Adelaide
Its going to be, I just took the dogs for a walk between showers, the winds up and it’s that swirly breeze you get before a storm. For once I think BOM is right.
Brezsa giving us on the spot breeze updates👍

KnightsBlue

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
No it doesn’t but when you add no SOS, Gove and obviously Charlie... we’re ready down on key forwards.... in saying that Im 100% certain we will win... just got one of those feelings.
Havent seen sos all year (merrett aside) gov is only really just a link in the chain who doesnt get much of the pill and seems horribly out of form. Havent seen charlie all year either... we got this. Have faith :)

ArseClown

Kicks on both sides
Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Will we get 1qtr, 2qtr, 3qtr or the very rare but loved 4qtr Carlton today?

Attachments

• 8CCD5654-A13E-4D2B-AEE4-0A144035F922.jpeg
    8CCD5654-A13E-4D2B-AEE4-0A144035F922.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 108
Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Cottrell is 20 and TDK Is 21. These guys aren’t traditional rookies. Ones play a few games already. Let’s compare them to vandemeer, Zac Bailey, Jack Ross, Mabior Chol or V Brayden Sier. I’m not directly aiming this at the two players coming into the side. But we have a lot of kids that have not come on like they’re supposed to. We may need to just start trading for already developed players like hawks and saints. I know, our current development team is very new to Carlton a deserve some time to sort our sh*t show out.

Why would you compare them only to players that have hit the ground running and or some that were drafted earlier

TDK is a ruck forward taken in 2017, guys like Ballenden and Hayes that were taken later haven't shown much either

Cottrell was overlooked and taken in 2018 as supplement player, any games he plays is a bonus. Only Lockhart, 24 and Stack (we know the reasons here) have produced more

haveago

lovethegame02
Apr 29, 2015
north west Melb.
AFL Club
Carlton
CRIPPA the unstoppable today, he dont want to leave WA without a win ( or two) !!

High intensity, tackle hard, gut running, tough/smart in the clinches is what we need to bring.

And PLEASE....some minutes for Eddie on the ball today.

Good luck to young Cottrell today....be a great way to kick off a career contributing to a win !

BTW....Feel Tigers need to pull their fingers out after yesterdays performance ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back