Preview Round 11 Carlton vs West Coast @ Optus Stadium Sunday 9th August 3.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Jezz

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2007
collingwood
AFL Club
Carlton
We will know if we are in this game in the first 10 minutes, not by the scoreline, but intent/intensity

We could easily kick the first 3 goals and then start turning the ball over, when eagles pressure the ball carrier or force us to kick down the line where they win the contest. Let's see where we are 15 minutes into the 2nd qtr. That's when I will know we are on.

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Can confirm about the weather. A front came through abt 3.30am and its bleak, wet (heavy rains are forecasted) and windy. I think the weather tomorrow is going to just as bad.

Onto the match hoping the wet weather might go in our favour. I'll have to record as my nephew's basketball match is at the same time.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
We could easily kick the first 3 goals and then start turning the ball over, when eagles pressure the ball carrier or force us to kick down the line where they win the contest. Let's see where we are 15 minutes into the 2nd qtr. That's when I will know we are on.

There was no intensity, even when we kicked those 1st qtr goals, it was just free wheeling play

Give me Cats game intensity and we are in it for a long time

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Can confirm about the weather. A front came through abt 3.30am and its bleak, wet (heavy rains are forecasted) and windy. I think the weather tomorrow is going to just as bad.

Onto the match hoping the wet weather might go in our favour. I'll have to record as my nephew's basketball match is at the same time.

Good to see you JR

cookie monster

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
NY Giants
There was no intensity, even when we kicked those 1st qtr goals, it was just free wheeling play

Give me Cats game intensity and we are in it for a long time
Our intensity was off the charts in the first 15 minutes last week. They even said on foxfooty we had the highest pressure rating of any team for the year

haveago

lovethegame02
Apr 29, 2015
north west Melb.
AFL Club
Carlton
This. SPS at his best in wet conditions, time to release him. Teague has done a lot right, really hope he parks the recent tendency towards stubbornness today.
couldn't agree more.... DT needs to throw a few more onto the ball to have a look.
Walsh, SPS, Betts and Fish today and a bit less of the same old we have been using of late.

It is our biggest concern our mid field (other than all our missing key forwards)
so nothing to lose and plenty possible upside IMO.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Our intensity was off the charts in the first 15 minutes last week. They even said on foxfooty we had the highest pressure rating of any team for the year

So many different measures Cookie

Pressure acts are wonderful, but the don't paint the full picture

I want hunting in packs, as invariably as one player slips a tackle another will be there. When the ball shifts, more numbers again. We know we can play attacking footy, I want the negating to be consistent

I want to out work the opposition

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Weather update, will drizzle most of the morning here (remember 2 hours behind here) about 1 hour before match will start to bucket, then the storm and heaviest rain is suppose to arrive around 2pm or 30 min after the match starts.

So if that holds then starting well if going to be huge, as it’s only going to get worst 50+mm expected
If that's correct.

First goal wins.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

BoundbyKreuze

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Why would you compare them only to players that have hit the ground running and or some that were drafted earlier

TDK is a ruck forward taken in 2017, guys like Ballenden and Hayes that were taken later haven't shown much either

Cottrell was overlooked and taken in 2018 as supplement player, any games he plays is a bonus. Only Lockhart, 24 and Stack (we know the reasons here) have produced more
Im not. I’m comparing all our kids v other teams who seem to develop them better. TDK and cottrell haven’t played yet. This is all in reply to the comment that they don’t have to ‘star’ today. And I said why the hell not. We can have players ready to shine too.

BoundbyKreuze

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
In the rain the entire game and both teams will be doing exactly the same thing. ALL DAY.

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Betting De Koning will impose himself when possible.
Guy doesn't have a lot of regard for his body and I feel he'll do what he can to stay in the side more than a week.

Looking forward to Cottrell also and as to the job he'll be given.
Wouldn't mind seeing him in a run-with role and if someone gets a chance, can they get a tape measure on him?
Run with on Gaff is my bet. I think they’ll leave the back 7 alone. Walsh into the middle. Kennedy forward as 3rd tall.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Im not. I’m comparing all our kids v other teams who seem to develop them better. TDK and cottrell haven’t played yet. This is all in reply to the comment that they don’t have to ‘star’ today. And I said why the hell not. We can have players ready to shine too.

I get where you are coming from, but pointless cherry picking ready to go players, as we do have Sam Walsh that fits the ready to shine players from day dot

Other develop differently, part of the game that will never change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back