Preview Round 11 Changes v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday 24 May​

Summary
showers.png
Min 14Max 26Shower or two developing.Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mmChance of any rain: 50%
rain_50.gif

Perth area​

Partly cloudy. Medium chance of showers in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the southwest in the afternoon and evening. Winds northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h increasing to 30 km/h before turning northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the day.

Does this have much impact on who plays? sound a bit like Groundhog Day for the Sydney game where it didn't rain..

Agree with your last line and I’ve often thought the same thing.
However I think it comes out in the wash over a 23 game season for every team. We definitely got the saints and the bulldogs at the right time.
However it’s looking like hawks have improved a lot since the opening rounds and will be hard beaten in Launceston, so we would definitely have been better off playing them at the start of the season. The bulldogs too at marvel will be tough.
Not sure I agree with the Saints, they've looked pretty similar every time I've watched them we just smashed them in the second half.

The other part is, it looks like the Dogs are suddenly gun but then you realise that currently GWS are terrible and that win doesn't look as good.

This is what I mean, it's when you play them but sometimes it's not obvious whether its a good or a bad time because teams can have such fluctuations. Pretty much the only consistent team is Sydney but even they lost to Richmond.

Season is nuts.
2x Debuts for the Pies.

Allan & Parker.

Emmett has to kick a bag.

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Friday 24 May​

Summary
showers.png
Min 14Max 26Shower or two developing.Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mmChance of any rain: 50%
rain_50.gif

Perth area​

Partly cloudy. Medium chance of showers in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the southwest in the afternoon and evening. Winds northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h increasing to 30 km/h before turning northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the day.

Does this have much impact on who plays? sound a bit like Groundhog Day for the Sydney game where it didn't rain..
53af2645-0ed8-4f5d-949a-d8c83124f1d3_text.gif

Only Tuesday and Collingwood are flagging their changes left right and centre.

What are the odds of Mihocek of actually playing? If he plays it goes against the 21 day hammy rule right?

Collingwood may not travel very often but their record interstate is reasonably good (going on my memory) and Mihocek is an effective forward. They will be hard to beat.
They will have 5 players with less than 20 games experience and possibly no travel experience so that helps us. Still a really good line up, especially with McCreery and Mihocek to come back in

I hate doing the whole hindsight thing BUT the ladder is so tight.

If we had beaten Port, we’re 4th and they’re 9th.

Plenty of teams with question marks.

About time we beat someone above us and flipped positions.

Our 6 wins against bottom 8 sides… not exactly awesome.
Remember that at the time, sides like, Brissie and Adelaide, were considered as top contenders.And probably will still vie for the top eight withy a lot of others, ourselves included.
Far too easy to toss aside those two victories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta respect the sh*thousery of Collingwood debuting Ed Allan vs us. Elite areas.
Just letting us window shop like Collard last week and Warner the week before.

Get to check out Rivers up close next week too

They missed him too. Their 3 picks before Chad are all off their list IIRC.
You are 100% spot on. Will Gould, Elijah Taylor and Dylan Stephens all moved on. They got 1 out of 4 there (a very good one though)

It's a lottery. Even Reid was the standout last year, but how many Elite players has Freo picked up in the 50's
Lachie Neale, Son Son, Treacy was a rookie pick.
Dean Cox was a rookie for West Coast. We have been better at our later picks I reckon, apart from maybe Serong, Pavlich, Mundy and Hasleby

It's a lottery. Even Reid was the standout last year, but how many Elite players has Freo picked up in the 50's
Lachie Neale, Son Son, Treacy was a rookie pick.
Dean Cox was a rookie for West Coast. We have been better at our later picks I reckon, apart from maybe Serong, Pavlich, Mundy and Hasleby
Young and Steve Hill go alright too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back