Preview Round 11 Changes v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Emmett and switkowski brought forward half pressure. JOM and Banners played well without high end polish. I love Sonny, who really had high end polish, but he is struggling. Simpson and Delean aren’t ready, Sturt hasn’t played for weeks. No change I guess.

But man, for the day we have multiple small forwards who can take half opportunities and finish with polish.

Was at the game.

I liked what Voss provides. Knows where the space is to lead into. Provides pressure. Keep him in.

Walters has been one of my favourites but he's a yard off now. He tried his guts out so not questioning his effort. Unfortunately the end is coming.

With Freddy out Walters will stay and Sturt or Coops in.

Jackson is a beast at ground ball gets. Think he had the most tonight. If Darcy back i would love to see Jackson stay midfield or even out on the wing. Potentially push JOM forward.

Would like to see wagner in but not sure he is like for like replacement for a draper.

Should have checked here before posting in the review, glad it's not just me on Draper. Kid needs a run at peel to start to feel better about himself again. Davies if they want to go tall otherwise Worner.

If Sturt is actually fit and they haven't just said "test" to hide it with the WAFL bye then he has to come in for Freddy and I wouldn't be upset for Coop to get a go again

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at the game.

I liked what Voss provides. Knows where the space is to lead into. Provides pressure. Keep him in.

Walters has been one of my favourites but he's a yard off now. He tried his guts out so not questioning his effort. Unfortunately the end is coming.

Jackson is a beast at ground ball gets. Think he had the most tonight. If Darcy back i would love to see Jackson stay midfield or even out on the wing. Potentially push JOM forward.

Would like to see wagner in but not sure he is like for like replacement for a draper.
Lots of injuries up forward to Pies. Opportunity to be more attacking. Still have height with Chapman and Pearce and Ryan plays taller than his height.

Draper needs a spell. He offers nothing on the rebound and was a bit like sleepy joe tonight. A number of times caught well off his man which was unlike him really but he has had a number of fairly poor weeks. Wagner looks so polished at Peel. It would be like having a second Jordan Clark running off the lines.

Should have checked here before posting in the review, glad it's not just me on Draper. Kid needs a run at peel to start to feel better about himself again. Davies if they want to go tall otherwise Worner.

If Sturt is actually fit and they haven't just said "test" to hide it with the WAFL bye then he has to come in for Freddy and I wouldn't be upset for Coop to get a go again
They do generally replace Freddy with Sturt. So I’m good with that. Emmett could stay sub or Sturt could be sub.

I’m fine with either Worner or Wagner but I really like Wagner’s speed off half back.

Was at the game.

I don't understand the dislike for Voss; even the commentators love him

how cold was it at the ground?

Lots of injuries up forward to Pies. Opportunity to be more attacking. Still have height with Chapman and Pearce and Ryan plays taller than his height.

Draper needs a spell. He offers nothing on the rebound and was a bit like sleepy joe tonight. A number of times caught well off his man which was unlike him really but he has had a number of fairly poor weeks. Wagner looks so polished at Peel. It would be like having a second Jordan Clark running off the lines.
Draper hasn't been the same since his injury a few weeks ago. Before that, he was looking brilliant.

Would be stiff for Voss to come out based on tonight.
Again, would love to try the 3 Treacy, Voss, Amiss with Jackson resting. Won’t lose much and apart from Voss, the talks are mobile.

Darcy has to come in. Collingwood has an injury crisis with their talls, and be silly not to have them wonder about Jackson and Darcy whilst having limited talls up forward. Means Cox and Cameron have no choice but to rotate through.

Sturt isn’t necessarily coming in. Two weeks no football of any kind. Not ideal. But who else is available?

In: Darcy
Out: Frederick

Don't debut blokes against the Pies. The intensity will be up and the last thing we need is a deer in headlights in defense.

I'd rather play small against them then debut Davies.
Chappy has played key before. Wouldn’t be against reshuffling and bringing in Wagner.

That being said I doubt they do that.

I am worried if we don't sort out our GK accuracy this will be ugly.

Friday night the whole country is watching against the defending champs who have had the wood on us since McRae has taken over in a time slot we s**t the bed constantly.

What could go wrong.

Just wait until we name the team and have 2 injuries we weren’t aware of…

Don't debut blokes against the Pies. The intensity will be up and the last thing we need is a deer in headlights in defense.

I'd rather play small against them then debut Davies.

I don’t really get this logic. Which teams are safe to debut players against? Do we not consider Simpson because he’s still too new?

If Davies is ready, and I’ve been saying he should have replaced Draper a couple of weeks ago, then he’s ready regardless of who we play.

If we decide to go smaller for more run and speed, fine. It’s not a bad idea. But if we’re changing our whole structure and game plan because we’re scared of Collingwood, then we may as well give them the points now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back