Opinion Round 11 Changes vs. Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just need sutcliffe out now and we will have a quality 22. Would rather see a cox,Collins,nyhuis get a game ahead of him

They mature age recruit but at hardly
its hard to see where Collins fits in the long term with A.Pearce and logue in the picture.
Pearce, Hamling and Collins. Logue not yet settled as key defender, could play as utility or somewhere else still. So not that far away. Pearce need to come back first as well. And one of those will have to step into the Johnson creative role as well...

Pearce, Hamling and Collins. Logue not yet settled as key defender, could play as utility or somewhere else still. So not that far away. Pearce need to come back first as well. And one of those will have to step into the Johnson creative role as well...
And you missed out Cox as well :) I really hope they give Logue some time in the Peel midfield in the coming games just to see how he goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Consistently? Or in one game?

Has proven absolutely nothing.
wtf are you talking about? Have you seen him play? He's locked down pretty much every dangerous small forward he has been up against in the WAFL. He kept the current clear WAFL leading goal-kicker (Liam Ryan) to just one goal in the grand final last year (and that goal was pretty lucky from memory - he nullified him almost completely). Liam kicked 4 goals in the three previous games he played before that GF. Sure we don't know whether he can lock down a dangerous AFL quality small forward but he hasn't had that opportunity yet. He also has pretty reasonable stats for the role he plays and he rarely makes mistakes which is exactly what you need in the role he plays. And consistency wise he has been pretty consistent for a year and a half now (excepting the games he missed though injury at the start of this year). I'm not sure what more we could expect from him? He's a role player sure but so are players like Spurr, Sutty, Ibbo etc.

wtf are you talking about? Have you seen him play? He's locked down pretty much every dangerous small forward he has been up against in the WAFL. He kept the current clear WAFL leading goal-kicker (Liam Ryan) to just one goal in the grand final last year (and that goal was pretty lucky from memory - he nullified him almost completely). Liam kicked 4 goals in the three previous games he played before that GF. Sure we don't know whether he can lock down a dangerous AFL quality small forward but he hasn't had that opportunity yet. He also has pretty reasonable stats for the role he plays and he rarely makes mistakes which is exactly what you need in the role he plays. And consistency wise he has been pretty consistent for a year and a half now (excepting the games he missed though injury at the start of this year). I'm not sure what more we could expect from him? He's a role player sure but so are players like Spurr, Sutty, Ibbo etc.

Yeah, saying he's proven nothing might be an overstatement, but it's not entirely inaccurate either. He's proven he should be given a chance at some point, but I can't see how he can be considered as an automatic and permanent replacement for say Ibbo, Spur or even Sutty, not yet. I rate him BTW, I think he's going to be a very good player, but we do tend to overestimate where some of these young players are at.

Speaking purely pragmatically, Nyhuis is still building his season after a fair bit of time off is he not? Second half of the year might be his time. I'm sure he'll get a go at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back