Prediction Round 11: Changes Vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

First, I didn't engage him, he got stuck into me, then had a sook when I replied.
When I said "I'm out" it was not because I was upset or having a sook as you say, it is because arguing endlessly with people who are obviously agenda driven is a waste of my time and everyone else's time. Other than yours, because that seems to be your modus operandi.

You say I got stuck into you? I said you were charming because you replied to a perfectly logical argument with "get your head out of your arse". You then made a ridiculous claim that you could "substantiate" the fact that Lyon coaches the instinct and confidence out of our players' kicking. Hint: substantiation does not equate to stating your opinion over and over again without facts to back it up.

Lastly, and this is all I will say - I have a principle which I try to apply in life, and it suits this situation perfectly:

Do not argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I said in desperate times and Tabs wasn't a ruckman either but has rucked and have you seen Logue play of Late as I have and in my opinion he could hold down CHB.

If we are going to try this, I think we'd see Pearce ruck for portions of the game when Lobb is resting forward. We'd probably try it against a team with a shorter forward line. I still don't think our midfield or backline are the issue. Our hack delivery into the 50 is an issue. We look so much better when Hill and Wilson are delivering after a line breaking 50m run.

I've had a gut-full of Bennell's antics off the field, but we would be a 3-4 goal better side if he was delivering the ball into 50. If he is fit, he must play. He's done his penance.

Ironic you say that. Ballantynes best and worst game was at the MCG.

Worst game obviously was the 2013 GF.

Best game in his career was when freo beat Richmond Round 13 in 2014. Ballantyne kicked 6 that day.
That's probably the recurring nightmare I think is a culmination of his games. 2013 GF. Horror

When I said "I'm out" it was not because I was upset or having a sook as you say, it is because arguing endlessly with people who are obviously agenda driven is a waste of my time and everyone else's time. Other than yours, because that seems to be your modus operandi.

You say I got stuck into you? I said you were charming because you replied to a perfectly logical argument with "get your head out of your arse". You then made a ridiculous claim that you could "substantiate" the fact that Lyon coaches the instinct and confidence out of our players' kicking. Hint: substantiation does not equate to stating your opinion over and over again without facts to back it up.

Arguing endlessly? It was two posts and you couldn't, and still can't, answer my questions so again are off on your high horse with ridiculous accusations and exaggerations that have no foundation.

What's my agenda?

Really? As you like facts so much, provide one example where I am trying to waste time.

I'll give you yet another chance to try and answer. What level of substantiation do you want besides seeing and hearing the coach say those exact things to and about players?

I stated it twice, and provided facts. You seem to want more facts - so what are they?

It seems an extraordinarily minor point to be so upset about buddy. Ross Lyon in his game plan has some players he doesn't trust with ball in hand and doesn't want them kicking it. Wow, I disagree, lets launch a complete diatribe about it.

Changes vs Port will be incredible, tocuhwood

In: Stephen Hill, Bennel, Darcy

Who goes out then..

For me, Cox out for Darcy would be the first, leaving Lobb and Hogan as our two main tall forward options. Cox and McCarthy have to push Hogan out cause we know how good Lobb will be filling in the support ruck role.

The other two spots definitely get hard, maybe Conca and Tuckey? Neither doing much wrong and have had good games but we're talking a fit SHill and Bennell here, they're an upgrade on just about anyone they replace. The only other two that would even be in the conversation would be Swita or Matera.

For me, Cox out for Darcy would be the first, leaving Lobb and Hogan as our two main tall forward options. Cox and McCarthy have to push Hogan out cause we know how good Lobb will be filling in the support ruck role.

The other two spots definitely get hard, maybe Conca and Tuckey? Neither doing much wrong and have had good games but we're talking a fit SHill and Bennell here, they're an upgrade on just about anyone they replace. The only other two that would even be in the conversation would be Swita or Matera.

Matera has been our most dangerous forward since he's been in the side. No way he is even close to being dropped. Bewley would be dropped first for S Hill for mine, despite his solid debut (and great kicking).

Definitely why he was mentioned last, mainly thinking if Bennell was to come in predominately as a forward (or push Walters forward more) someone would have to make room. I like Cerra forward and yeah Bewley would be more likely but he's got a couple of weeks to push his case.

Not likely to get these three back fully fit at the same time (and with no further injuries) but no doubt it'd be a stronger 22.

Tucker has been good, he stays in IMO. Ross tends to like the Conca types, so it’s really up to what he wants to play.
Cerra/Brayshaw May come out and have a 2 week break. Who knows. It’s a healthy competition to have. Bennell would play forward more then inside.
Duman/Conca/Bewley and Cerra probably going to go out.

Stephen Hill is a worry. He’s often comes back underdone, and does something or isn’t 100% then goes out. Hoping he’s 100% fit and raring to go.

You want to drop a guy that has kicked 16 goals in 8 games, 1 behind our leading goal kicker Walters with 17 from 2 more games?

Is that what I said? Nah, it really wasn't. I gave my two suggestions and simply added Matera last because I was trying to think of who might possibly be in discussion, that's not the same as picketing Cockburn to get him out.

I've been really impressed with Matera (even though 9 of those goals were in two games, and he's averaged 1 goal, 13 possessions in the last four) but like I said above, if Bennell plays forward (or moves others more forward) than something has to give, there's no point dropping a defender for him. I agree with Kenny that Bewley is a better suggestion even then but I'll be keen to see what Bewley can do if given a couple of weeks.

Matera has been our most dangerous forward since he's been in the side. No way he is even close to being dropped. Bewley would be dropped first for S Hill for mine, despite his solid debut (and great kicking).
Matera was as dangerous as a BB gun against Brisbane looked totally out of sorts
One more week chance for me

We'll never improve if we don't develop our players kicking ability. If the players practised long and hard, they'd be super confident in their ability. Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
Yep. Even though they spend a heap of time practicing kicking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's probably the recurring nightmare I think is a culmination of his games. 2013 GF. Horror

He was a big part of us getting to the grand final. For mine, if Ballantyne did not play in 2013, we would not have made the GF. Do the math. Seems a cheap shot to me. We had many out of depth and we gave it a crack - I was there. After, the media jumped on Ballas, but they jumped on him every week. Most of us are not the shallow type to blame loss on one person, rather a team... not calling you shallow FreoRicci - just trying to understand the above post. Cyber Bullying culture influenced by Eagles family I suspect.

Watch, learn and respect. Ballas is a hero to many of us, and he will always be. If we could put his heart and energy into every player on our list we would be unbeatable. Love for Ballas - double pump to chest and a tattoo... ok hold on the tattoo.

He was a big part of us getting to the grand final. For mine, if Ballantyne did not play in 2013, we would not have made the GF. Do the math. Seems a cheap shot to me. We had many out of depth and we gave it a crack - I was there. After, the media jumped on Ballas, but they jumped on him every week. Most of us are not the shallow type to blame loss on one person, rather a team... not calling you shallow FreoRicci - just trying to understand the above post. Cyber Bullying culture influenced by Eagles family I suspect.

Watch, learn and respect. Ballas is a hero to many of us, and he will always be. If we could put his heart and energy into every player on our list we would be unbeatable. Love for Ballas - double pump to chest and a tattoo... ok hold on the tattoo.
That’s a deep analysis off one post. I never blamed him nor have I ever not questioned his commitment or desire. His heart on the sleeve attitude, regardless of his position was tenfold on the field. That’s the sort of player I am on the field as well. So I admire him for his approach. All or nothing. He has been passionate and heart to the club. Eagles family? Yeah nah.

I get it. It was a pretty strong post. Was just being joking and sarcastic. There was so many reasons why that GF went wrong, not just Ballas. He came back next season in 2014 and earned that AA jacket. Well deserved. Should’ve went to the GF in 14/15. But that’s another debate. So cyber bullying? Okay that’s a bit harsh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back