Prediction Round 11: Changes Vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure it would apply to Tucker who is a good user but in general I couldn't agree more, it is so obvious that some guys have had their kicking instinct and confidence coached out of them.
I wonder if the pose have complex statistical algorithms to prove me wrong?

Might be a better strategy to make a claim that can be supported by evidence to present an argument, rather than challenge others to disprove a claim that isn't and can't be substantiated.

I think theres an argument for managing a young developing player if he needs that. And if theres someone that deserves his spot in the team more than him, then that change needs to be made. He can't just be gifted games because he's young, talented and developing.

I agree whether a player benefits more from playing at the 2nd's or the 1st's is dependent on context, I don't think it would hurt Brayshaw's development at all to spend a game or 2 in Peel to get some confidence back. He's doing ok but he always has that deer caught in headlights expression when he has the ball.

Might be a better strategy to make a claim that can be supported by evidence to present an argument, rather than challenge others to disprove a claim that isn't and can't be substantiated.

Might be a better strategy to take your head out of your arse. Of course it can be substantiated

I reckon it's more an evolution of team defence imo. These days teams try to actively plug up those gaps more than in the past and as a result forwards rarely have the space to run into except when they catch the defence off guard & space is created that way.
How many times has Hogan been hit on the tit? I don’t know if it’s instruction or why but he doesn’t lead. He would rather jostle and that’s not his game.

Harris Andrews destroyed him.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's valid. I'll admit I've had that thought cross my mind too when I've seen them receive in those positions.
I’m convinced it’s because there are instructions to give the ball to the “better users”. We often give it to Wilson/Hill in poor positions when the bloke with the ball would have been better off distributing the ball.

I think that if you can see that said player's trajectory indicates that he is going to develop into one of your star players (eg. High draft pick etc...), I think you can indeed make a case to keep playing them over another as that's the surest way to fast track that development. At least that's what I'd do.
I think theres an argument for managing a young developing player if he needs that. And if theres someone that deserves his spot in the team more than him, then that change needs to be made. He can't just be gifted games because he's young, talented and developing.

I think that if you can see that said player's trajectory indicates that he is going to develop into one of your star players (eg. High draft pick etc...), I think you can indeed make a case to keep playing them over another as that's the surest way to fast track that development. At least that's what I'd do.

Are you suggesting that North, Crowden, Giro, Dixon etc are already pegged as battlers or non stars?

Perhaps those guys could benefit from fast track development too but Brayshaw is holding them out? Just because a player is drafted later than another doesn’t ensure a better future.

I think honest feedback and integrity in selection is the best way to go. If it’s disappointing to Brayshaw or whoever, then that’s good for their development too.

OK just a bit of left field thinking - By the sounds of it most of us on here agree that we need to bring in someone to give Lobb a hand with Grundy but Darcy is probably not fit enough and Jones / Meek maybe not quite up to the task - So who else do we have that's 200cm plus, fit, mobile and in good form?
We do have a bloke carving it up at CHB that fits the bill, should we bring in Logue to plug the back line and release AP to to do a combined run with/ruck roll on Grundy? Would match him with athleticism and skill level, Grundy's not a Mumford type body on body ruckman so Peirce shouldn't get monstered at the boundary line.
The only Pies forward over 195cm I think is Ben Reid that Hamling could handle. After that there's Mihocek and De Goey both around 191 / 192cm who would be ok for Logue and one of either Duman or Nyhus. Only spanner in the works here is if they do rush Mason Cox back in - in which case ignore every thing I've just said!

Have we ever played a tagger / ruck combo ? :)

We'd probably have to drop a midfielder to bring Logue in but we definitely wouldn't be losing as much run if we dropped the same player and bought in the afore mentioned Darcy/Jones/Meek option.

Like I said, from left field and I'm bound to get shot down but just thought I'd put it out there !!

Cheers

OK just a bit of left field thinking - By the sounds of it most of us on here agree that we need to bring in someone to give Lobb a hand with Grundy but Darcy is probably not fit enough and Jones / Meek maybe not quite up to the task - So who else do we have that's 200cm plus, fit, mobile and in good form?
We do have a bloke carving it up at CHB that fits the bill, should we bring in Logue to plug the back line and release AP to to do a combined run with/ruck roll on Grundy? Would match him with athleticism and skill level, Grundy's not a Mumford type body on body ruckman so Peirce shouldn't get monstered at the boundary line.
The only Pies forward over 195cm I think is Ben Reid that Hamling could handle. After that there's Mihocek and De Goey both around 191 / 192cm who would be ok for Logue and one of either Duman or Nyhus. Only spanner in the works here is if they do rush Mason Cox back in - in which case ignore every thing I've just said!

Have we ever played a tagger / ruck combo ? :)

We'd probably have to drop a midfielder to bring Logue in but we definitely wouldn't be losing as much run if we dropped the same player and bought in the afore mentioned Darcy/Jones/Meek option.

Like I said, from left field and I'm bound to get shot down but just thought I'd put it out there !!

Cheers

I do not agree. I think this is reactive and counter productive. We need to keep playing our "brand" and seeing how it stacks up. Collingwood have been exposed, even last week, Grundy had a best on ground appearance and they only won in the last quarter against a struggling Sydney.

We need to play to our strengths, and not to theirs. We need to back ourselves to win, and not to "not lose by lots".

So forget the ruck contest - lose it - who cares? We just need to be able to halve the clearance contest. Ground level, that is where this will be won. I am convinced we can win the footy, let Gundy do his thing, but we have to keep the ball in play and hit targets. Then we will be half a chance. Down the line kicks and long bombs ... we will get destroyed.

You really are a charmer aren't you. OK, so go ahead and substantiate the fact that "some guys have had their kicking instinct and confidence coached out of them."

dont spoil his/her hot take/fingernail analysis. maybe the substantiation you are asking for is stuck up his/her ass

You don't throw a Rolls Royce defender like A.Pearce into the ruck.
Yes you would if meaning that winning the game would get us into the finals as that way you would never die wondering . Tight wins in desperate times are made by bold moves by the coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes you would if meaning that winning the game would get us into the finals as that way you would never die wondering . Tight wins in desperate times are made by bold moves by the coach.

Has anyone seen Pearce ruck? Has the mobility to run around with Grundy, but I have never seen anything to suggest he's a ruckman.

Our defence has been watertight this season and someone is suggesting we need to take one of our 2 best KPD and play him out of position?

The issue for most of the season is our delivery to the forwards. Maybe we could work on that?

You really are a charmer aren't you. OK, so go ahead and substantiate the fact that "some guys have had their kicking instinct and confidence coached out of them."

I'm not trying to be charmless, but thanks for your input.
Have you seen the coach berate players for kicking it instead of handballing to Stephen Hill? I have. Have you heard the coach say of players that their role is to destroy not create? I have. Have you seen players whose kicking skills go nowhere or even backwards at our club? We all have.
Every club has their designated kickers but Lyon takes it to one end of the spectrum in terms of who he trusts to kick the ball.
Now, is that ******* charming enough for you?:)

should be:
out: Brayshaw, in: Crowden

will be:
out: Switkowski, in: Ballantyne

IMO

I'm not trying to be charmless, but thanks for your input.
Have you seen the coach berate players for kicking it instead of handballing to Stephen Hill? I have. Have you heard the coach say of players that their role is to destroy not create? I have. Have you seen players whose kicking skills go nowhere or even backwards at our club? We all have.
Every club has their designated kickers but Lyon takes it to one end of the spectrum in terms of who he trusts to kick the ball.
Now, is that ******* charming enough for you?:)
Ah well, that proves it beyond doubt. You've heard things. I should never argue with someone who has seen and heard stuff. Thanks for the concrete proof.

Ah well, that proves it beyond doubt. You've heard things. I should never argue with someone who has seen and heard stuff. Thanks for the concrete proof.
So word's oui of Lyons own mouth mean nothing to you?

So word's oui of Lyons own mouth mean nothing to you?
But they're not out of Ross' mouth, they are your words and frankly they mean less than nothing to me, sorry.

I strongly suspect I get to more training sessions than you do and I have never heard anything like that said.

I'm out, but feel free to carry on...

But they're not out of Ross' mouth, they are your words and frankly they mean less than nothing to me, sorry.

I strongly suspect I get to more training sessions than you do and I have never heard anything like that said.

I'm out, but feel free to carry on...

You're out cause you have nothing.

Ballas at the G are the never ending tale of nightmares. No thanks.
I agree, despite being there the day he kicked a bag against the Tigers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back