Autopsy Round 11 = Collingwood 51-61 Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
Very odd game with the last quarter being a positive. Only one goal up until 3QT, but we managed to only lose by 10 points in the end.

Bianco was great on his debut. JDG was solid in the second half.

Still a lot of fundamental issues plague the team, but that won’t change for a while.

Hope Grundy is okay after sustaining a neck injury.

Cameron was actually elite when he went into the ruck, found plenty of the ball and must've had 5 or 6 clearances in around a quarter.

JDG, well that's what he can do when he's on and plays in the middle with purpose. 20 odd possessions and 2 goals in the middle from a half of football. Has to do it every week now.

Second half, well I can watch that every week regardless of the result. Kamikaze ball movement and we actually looked good.

Finally, we have a good crop of young kids coming through.

What a Terrible Game of Footy.

We Really should of Lost by Lot More IF Cats took there Chances.

Skills are Atrocious with even worse Gameplan.

We getting Worse Under Bucks instead of Better.

Pendles and Steele are Turning the Ball Over way to Much

De Goey showing why he should be Playing in the Midfield not up Forward.

Bianco great on Debut and Poulter Solid Again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully this is the bottom out, if not we are in serious trouble, that was the most difficult thing to watch.
The list is in terrible shape, the game plan is the worst in the league and almost unwatchable.
I watch this club now with no emotion, they have sucked all enjoyment out of watching them play every week.

I'm as disappointed as I've been in a long time at the lack of effort and intensity from our boys today, and this is only exacerbated by the fact that Geelong also played poorly today and were definitely there for the taking if we'd actually showed up and put in a bit of effort to play at least half decent football, especially in that first half where any VFL team would have given us a hiding.

Big positive was the kids were ok again today and Bianco looked pretty comfortable, but the big negative is that Pendlebury looks like he is rapidly falling off the cliff and his performance was horribly sub-par in a game where we really needed our lauded and highly-decorated captain to stand up and lead by example.

Can't say much more than that, last week was maybe a slight step forward but now we've taken a couple of steps back again.

What a Terrible Game of Footy.

We Really should of Lost by Lot More IF Cats took there Chances.

Skills are Atrocious with even worse Gameplan.

We getting Worse Under Bucks instead of Better.

Pendles and Steele are Turning the Ball Over way to Much

De Goey showing why he should be Playing in the Midfield not up Forward.

Bianco great on Debut and Poulter Solid Again
if we kicked straight we could've won as well (not that we deserved too)

De Goey as the main man in the guts.. and build around him in the next coupla with Nick and Bianco and these types.. that's what I'd be looking at. Snag another brut in trade to support De Goey..

If we pull the plug on some of our veterans.. or lesson their roles.. wouldn't be a bad thing.

The last quarter certainly saved the team a lot of embarrassment and Buckley as well.What happened?Did we start to move the ball better,or did Geelong just take their foot of the pedal and let us back in?

The last quarter certainly saved the team a lot of embarrassment and Buckley as well.What happened?Did we start to move the ball better,or did Geelong just take their foot of the pedal and let us back in?

We Finally took the Game On

Cameron as Ruck made us less Predictable which helped our Mids it Seems

Remove this Banner Ad

Back