Round 11 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate I was ropeable yesterday ....I've got all the big scorers, but the late outs Rozee, Gawn, Draper, and probably Ridley negates any gain, and keeps me anchored to the "Working Class" section of SC rankings

Thats sc for ya. Even when you're winning you are still losing.

Thats sc for ya. Even when you're winning you are still losing.
If you look at my side, it's not bad .....maybe 1-2 weeks behind team completition on others

But this year, if you fell back in rankings (ESS / MEL game) Rozee / Pittonet ......very hard to make up the ground in 17 week comp

Late outs really stuffs up trading plans

Has anyone done the calculus on how many 160+ scores there's been compared to last year? Normally it's reserved for fault of the round (sometimes none for the whole round) but this year there seems to be one for every game under the sun. Shameful inflation that's going to affect prices next season too.

If you look at my side, it's not bad .....maybe 1-2 weeks behind team completition on others

But this year, if you fell back in rankings (ESS / MEL game) Rozee / Pittonet ......very hard to make up the ground in 17 week comp

I think that about my side too but the scores produced say otherwise.

Has anyone done the calculus on how many 160+ scores there's been compared to last year? Normally it's reserved for fault of the round (sometimes none for the whole round) but this year there seems to be one for every game under the sun. Shameful inflation that's going to affect prices next season too.
Mostly because of the scaling due to 3300 points still being allocated per match. It ends up with the players who have the best scores getting scaled up more than players with lower scores. Laird was scaled up 10 points at the end of the first quarter yesterday. Other players on 10 or 11 points were only scaled up 1.

Apart from Gawn and Neale there is no average that hasnt been seen before.

20% less game time with the same 3300 points, of course it's all over the shop. CD are flogs.

Prices will be inflated next year for sure, just a little bit though. They need to inflate to keep averages similar. If they scored less, everybody would be crazy cheap. WTF is gonna happen in AF next season if we go back to normal and they keep starting prices based on 2020 averages? Will be bargains everywhere...

Mid-price madness in 2021 baby!

edit: cheapies/rookies/mid-pricers are probably the ones getting the most inflation. Premos seem to be averaging similar for the most part. Screw mid-price madness, GnR all the way next season

Last edited:

Let's completely gloss over all your terrible decisions, like trading in Rozee for 485k, downgrading Grundy to Pittonett, then "upgrading" Pitto to English chasing a once in a lifetime 200 score. Or starting the season without a Def bench and ending up with Ling as your D6. But of course your lowly season ranking is because of that Ess/Melb game that didn't happen because nobody else had players from those 2 teams.

I just realised i can still cause evil this round.
In two hits of my mouse i can guarantee Baldrick to go >85, Rankine to go >100, and totally destroy Hugh Greenwood forever.
Still got 2 trades left this Rnd.
Thinking
Baldrick > Wicks
Rankine > Greenwood

Hmmmmmm

View attachment 933365

See no reason not to sacrifice a playing Baldrick for a headstart on next weeks rooks.
Prey you dont have Greenwood if i do it.

I was enjoying your post Bollox until I got to the Greenwood part. Can you perhaps bring in Merrett, Shiel or Touk Touk instead...….. ;)

I haven't done the figures but a mates sisters partners dogs groomers husband neighbour works for Maybelline and they said that instead of 28 boxes of lipstick Champion Data ordered 36 boxes, and in a shortened season, if my maths is correct that's a lot more KOTD action than last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was enjoying your post Bollox until I got to the Greenwood part. Can you perhaps bring in Merrett, Shiel or Touk Touk instead...….. ;)
I'd like to oblige. Its just that Zerrett is on my never again list, Shiel has a moronic hipster manbun, and Touk is one of the dumbest names ive ever heard in my life...nearly as bad as Tarquin or Gryan. Names are vital in this stupid game. Not that i'm superstitious or anything.

I could always just play Rankine and leave Greenwood alone. Do the single downgrade and leave Greenwood alone.

Would consider a cash bribe of course...otherwise your boy Greenwood gets the kiss of death :thumbsu: :cool:

Let's completely gloss over all your terrible decisions, like trading in Rozee for 485k, downgrading Grundy to Pittonett, then "upgrading" Pitto to English chasing a once in a lifetime 200 score. Or starting the season without a Def bench and ending up with Ling as your D6. But of course your lowly season ranking is because of that Ess/Melb game that didn't happen because nobody else had players from those 2 teams.

Lets be objective here .....76% of Coaches that don't have Gawn, had a free hit .....87% of non Oliver owners had a free hit ....Ridley ?

By the time the catchup game comes around .....how many Coaches will load up on those players ?

The Gawn to Pittonet trade (which I was looking for a 90 ave) .....allowed me to upgrade a Pickett to Fyfe
How many would have given that a tick .....after all you were the one, just a week ago advocating me to do similar with Sicily :think:

Fyfe doing a hammy , Rozee carrying a foot injury & being a campaigner ......these are sliding door moments

Gawn has now gone from 24% ownership to 34% ......so there's a lot not holding both Grundy/Gawn

Nothing I can do about the mass late outs this week, due to a fixture change, none of us could adequately plan for

Draper rested is felicitous for me as I have Cameron's 102 as (e). If Ridley is out it will hardly hurt me this week. Worst case scenario is 1839 plus Merrett and Greenwood.

tenor.gif

Ben Hart, u carrrrrrrrnt.

They're 18-19....they can stop a bullet. Need a rest my arse.
WTF is this game turning into ? Rather, WTF are these peripheral coaches becoming ?
Let them play footy !

Rookie Lives Matter !
Best guess .....Hamill Back, Sholl out ......can't see Schoenberg surviving, but he'll be rotated back in after a small break

Best guess .....Hamill Back, Sholl out ......can't see Schoenberg surviving, but he'll be rotated back in after a small break

hmmm I was about to trade Hamill out. You really think they will play him with the 2 concussions he has already had this year?

hmmm I was about to trade Hamill out. You really think they will play him with the 2 concussions he has already had this year?
He pulled up well .....Sholl a bit "meh" .....so strong chance Hamills back

He pulled up well .....Sholl a bit "meh" .....so strong chance Hamills back
Sholl is meh? He was one your better players the other night. Kid is a gun.
Shoenspud on the other hand, that piggy needs to drop some kegs. Won't play again all year, ******* pissed off, will sit at M11 doing nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back