Game Day Round 11 dogs v eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People always talk about lack of depth and class in midfield, lack of x factor and talls in the forward line. Both are problems. But I still stand by he fact we lack key defenders which is hurting us more. Defence is the one area we have gradually regressed in the past few years. At least the forward line has marginally improved this season. The defence looks like it has driving the car off a cliff

We’re going to continue to stink it up until English can become competetive in the ruck. There was a time when our centre cleared everything work was elite right now they’re forced to work to the opposition rucks hand. It’s just killing us.

This situation means our mids need to be on there game every week, if they aren’t we get calved up out of the middle. As we’re seeing today.

I actually don’t think English has been bad in their today, it’s just our mids have been terrible.

also why tf do we never play Perth teams in Melbourne like i swear our last 4 games have all been at this damn stadium

yea man im just memeing

I think I saw a stat where we have played like at least a dozen more games in Perth vs the Eagles than a team like Collingwood. Its BS how the "big" clubs never have to face Geelong at their fortress and seldom seem to face the good teams interstate.

People always talk about lack of depth and class in midfield, lack of x factor and talls in the forward line. Both are problems. But I still stand by he fact we lack key defenders which is hurting us more. Defence is the one area we have gradually regressed in the past few years. At least the forward line has marginally improved this season. The defence looks like it has driving the car off a cliff
This is why I'm still heavily in favor of moving/keeping Naughton in defence. He's a gun defender, far better than Cordy, and while he's played some great games up forward, he's still an unknown quantity and struggles quite frequently. Don't make the same mistakes with Naughton as Essendon did with Hurley for the first 5 years of his career.

Gee Peter Gordon is quiet. Oming to think of it has been for 3 years
Not that it’s that relevant to this game in particular, but since the premiership Gordon seems to have given up to a large degree on the footy side of things. He’s more committed to speaking his mind about social issues. He needs to hand over the reins to someone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I saw a stat where we have played like at least a dozen more games in Perth vs the Eagles than a team like Collingwood. Its BS how the "big" clubs never have to face Geelong at their fortress and seldom seem to face the good teams interstate.

I think we’ve played West Coast in Perth every year bar one since 1987!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that it’s that relevant to this game in particular, but since the premiership Gordon seems to have given up to a large degree on the footy side of things. He’s more committed to speaking his mind about social issues. He needs to hand over the reins to someone else.
Well said , couldnt agree more

This situation means our mids need to be on there game every week, if they aren’t we get calved up out of the middle. As we’re seeing today.

I actually don’t think English has been bad in their today, it’s just our mids have been terrible.
When your ruckman cannot impact a ruck contest and hit the ball to his mids advantage it makes it hard for the mids to get there hand on the ball in most instances they’re lucky to halve the contest.

pretty sure out last 4 games against Freo have all been in perth and last 2 against west coast have been in Perth so like yea its abit ridic imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back