Preview Round 11 - Geelong v Swans @ KP, Sat 4:35pm

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he does, good riddance.
He needs to be an exceptional forward to get a game because he can't ruck. If he got 10 goals, he'd be in next week, and liKely for the year, BUT....
Buzza or any of the other options would have been fine but not Sav imho. We've crossed the line between playing a development player into form into now playing favourites. Savs selection is being measured with a different yardstick when he can be playing through bad form, then not play for 2 weeks, then be selected over two other options playing quite well in the 2s (Buzza and Smith).

Maybe there's something in the background going on we don't know about and up until he was rested I've been on the bandwagon for getting a block of games into him, but bringing him back this week looks like setting a different standard for your favourite players.

Also, misty named emergency over Scooter despite having no preseason - Scooter gone EOY surely.

Buzza or any of the other options would have been fine but not Sav imho. We've crossed the line between playing a development player into form into now playing favourites. Savs selection is being measured with a different yardstick when he can be playing through bad form, then not play for 2 weeks, then be selected over two other options playing quite well in the 2s (Buzza and Smith).

Maybe there's something in the background going on we don't know about and up until he was rested I've been on the bandwagon for getting a block of games into him, but bringing him back this week looks like setting a different standard for your favourite players.

Also, misty named emergency over Scooter despite having no preseason - Scooter gone EOY surely.
are you serious? Go look at buzzas career stats. They are horrendous and Sav has shown a lot more.

Likely to be a hard fought match -

Kennedy out is a big blow for Swans (pretty much won the last game here single handed and I think was BOG as well the previous win). McVeigh is an important ‘in’ for swans - he sets up their play beautifully) - sits 10 metres out the back of contests to receive rushed handball then distributes perfectly to runners through the corridor - I’m always amazed other teams let him get away with this. I’d be instructing Atkins, Dal etc to be no more than 3 metres off McV at stoppages to close this down.

Good mids and three strong contested marking forwards and Parker, Heeney and Papley floating in - will cause problems for us. Can’t believe Swans are $5 plus on this game (I’m considering getting some ‘flat Geelong’ insurance). Swans are a strong team with talent, some stars and in-form players and a good track record at K Park. Scott should be telling the side to expect a very tough game and treat this like a final.

Last edited:
Swans are a tough team with talent, some stars and in-form players and a good track record at K Park. Scott should be telling the side to expect a very tough game and treat this like a final.
I thing he's probably telling them "Take it easy boys, just enjoy yourselves, we'll s**t this in"

are you serious? Go look at buzzas career stats. They are horrendous and Sav has shown a lot more.
Sav's 2018 stats were promising, but you can't keep giving a player games half way through 2019 based on 2018 form.

Fort had more goals in his first game than Sav has had in 8 despite Sav playing in numerous smashings. Buzza kicked half the sides goals in a close win two weeks ago, Sav has never had to play a game that well in the 2s to get a call up. You want ruck impact then why not Zac Smith?

I'm a fan of putting blocks of games into players to develop them, but he's been given half a season at this point. Time give another player a shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sav's are equally horrendous, so pointing to the stats is irrelevant when comparing he and Buzza. I agree Sav has shown more potential,but that hasn't tranlsated to performance yet, and particularly not this year.

sav vs wylie.png

giphy.gif

This will be Scott addressing whoever is playing on Menzel this weekend!!!!

Kennedy out is a big blow for Swans (pretty much won the last game here single handed and I think was BOG as well the previous win).

JK got the three votes when they beat us at KP last year.

Like Selwood, his days as an AA midfielder are likely over but he's still hugely important and influential for them.

Or even better, listen to Scott talk about Sav.......

Buzza isn't in the same universe in Scott's mind ...

Since you have appointed yourself as head moderator you had better tell yourself and other posters this news. We are already talking over Menzel's inclusion in the Swans team and whether he will have any impact.

The most recent "discussion" on the facts surrounding Menzel's departure from Geelong in this thread have been deleted....as will future contributions on that subject, found in this thread .....take it to the Menzel thread if you feel the subject hasn't been fully explored....

Hoping for a decent win, sans injuries, for the Cats tomorrow. From what people are saying in the thread, the weather down there doesn't sound great...?

We're now at Barcaldine show grounds (including tomorrow). Cue laptop paired with phone and listening to the game K-ROCK...

For those attending, have a good one, and make some noise!

Sav's 2018 stats were promising, but you can't keep giving a player games half way through 2019 based on 2018 form.

Fort had more goals in his first game than Sav has had in 8 despite Sav playing in numerous smashings. Buzza kicked half the sides goals in a close win two weeks ago, Sav has never had to play a game that well in the 2s to get a call up. You want ruck impact then why not Zac Smith?

I'm a fan of putting blocks of games into players to develop them, but he's been given half a season at this point. Time give another player a shot.

Dude he’s coming back from a badly broken ankle. It routinely takes players a good 18-24 months to be back to their best after such a shocking injury, particularly a big guy and particularly a young guy. He’s doing incredibly well to be back playing firsts and going at it like he is. Persevere, and be patient - it will be worth it.

Buzza aid must have been on special the last couple of weeks. It hasn't been this strong since everyone wanted to play him instead of Stanley.
Some on this forum's preoccupation with Sav and replacing him with players who are no more likely to be good now and have no where near his potential is absolutely ludicrous.

Likely to be a hard fought match -

Kennedy out is a big blow for Swans (pretty much won the last game here single handed and I think was BOG as well the previous win). McVeigh is an important ‘in’ for swans - he sets up their play beautifully) - sits 10 metres out the back of contests to receive rushed handball then distributes perfectly to runners through the corridor - I’m always amazed other teams let him get away with this. I’d be instructing Atkins, Dal etc to be no more than 3 metres off McV at stoppages to close this down.

Good mids and three strong contested marking forwards and Parker, Heeney and Papley floating in - will cause problems for us. Can’t believe Swans are $5 plus on this game (I’m considering getting some ‘flat Geelong’ insurance). Swans are a strong team with talent, some stars and in-form players and a good track record at K Park. Scott should be telling the side to expect a very tough game and treat this like a final.
Excellent post with lots of wisdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back