Game Day Round 11: GWS Giants v Essendon, Spotless Stadium, Saturday 3rd June, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round11.jpg

FORECAST:
19 degrees, 20% chance of rain. Partly cloudy. Slight chance of a shower. Winds 15 to 25kmh southwesterly, easing in late afternoon.

Perfect conditions for football.

339476_30e25289ad3cee1f5c8fc544855a7acd.jpg

ESSENDON BOMBERS: $4.65
GWS GIANTS: $1.21

THE SUPERCOACH HOT TIPS:

ESSENDON: David Zaharakis (111), Brendon Goddard (110), Dyson Heppell (107)
GWS GIANTS: Shane Mumford (115), Toby Greene (112), Zachary Williams (109)

339477_d5f5c6a40203515d334cb2fc724b677e.jpg

ESSENDON BOMBERS

It was poo.
Couldn't kick to a bloke wearing red and black.
Tippa had what was more than likely his worst ever game for us, and when you consider that he had been doing media appearances all week... Hmm.
Zaharakis was bloody great. Again.
Hurley makes us all have stiffies. Even the girls.
It was rather cold up on level 4, and I noticed a tear in my favourite jacket that pretty much ruined my night. Then I tore my pants.
Then someone ate pickled onions right behind us and the smell was brutal.
Then we lost.

Man, **** footy.

ESSENDON 11.15 81 def. by RICHMOND 10.6 66
Crowd: 85,656 at the MCG

BEST: Zaharakis, Goddard, Hurley, McGrath, Parish, Watson
GOALS: Daniher 3, Goddard 2, Fantasia, Heppell, Green, Stewart, Zaharakis
INJURIES: Nil

--------

GWS GIANTS

Could almost consider themselves lucky here.
GWS have an injury list that could win a flag, and yet, they're still winning games. They're bloody second.
It's quite honestly baffling; they shouldn't be getting away with this sort of stuff.
The sheer game-turning talent of this Toby Greene kid is gnarly. He is one of maybe 15 players who can flip a match on his own.
The Giants very rarely lead all game, but wrested power from the Eagles in the final quarter, right where it matters.
Mumford had 50 hitouts.
50. That's two hitouts for every year I've been alive. Get stuffed.
The entire third term was almost dictated by Josh Kelly; who would look very nice in red and black.
lol norf.

WEST COAST EAGLES 14.6 90 def. by GWS GIANTS 14.14 98
Crowd: 37,057 at Domain Stadium

BEST: Kelly, Shiel, Williams, Kennedy, Ward, Greene
GOALS: Shiel, Cameron, Patton, Greene 2, Whitfield, Himmelberg, Kelly, Williams, Taranto, Lloyd
INJURIES: Nil

339478_e0380d7f4f2a94c3e1f264979bf0aaeb.jpg

ESSENDON COACH: John Worsfold
GWS GIANTS COACH: Leon Karma-Karma-Karma-Karma-Karma-Cameron

ROUND11.jpg
ESSENDON EMERGENCIES:
Kyle Langford, Matt Dea, Heath Hocking

GWS GIANTS EMERGENCIES:
Dawson Simpson, Tim Mohr, Jeremy Finlayson

ESSENDON INS:
Brent Stanton, Ben Howlett, Martin Gleeson

ESSENDON OUTS:
Matt Dea (Omit), James Kelly (Groin), Darcy Parish (Calf)

GWS INS:
Tom Scully

GWS OUTS:
Tim Mohr (Omit)

----------------------------

MILESTONES:

goddard1.jpg

BRENDON GODDARD - ESSENDON

300 GAMES

339479_a031cfde407b87b2e6efba289ee34e28.jpg

Perhaps for one of the first times this year, we've had some serious gun players be forced from the side with injury. We've had a good run, but it's June now. This is about time when the Essendon of old started to have the old yips starting up. Just when the season is getting serious. If it happens again this year, after so much promise, what will we all do? Probably take it out on Brent Stanton, HEY BOYS?! HEY?!?!

Bugger me.

The veteran midfielder returns to the senior side to provide some outside run and experience to a team that has lost a 300 gamer in James Kelly due to a groin strain. Woosha was playing Stants off half back earlier in the year, so it would be no surprise to see him replacing Pops down there. Benny Howlett has been given a reprieve from the tedious ventures of VFL football, and has been recalled to join the Bombers team in Sydney for this match. The Cyborg himself, Marty Gleeson, has been summoned by his headquarters to rip the limbs off of Toby Greene and beat him with the sloppy ends. His booming voice will be used to implode their ear drums, meaning that Jeremy Cameron's frantic calls for the ball on a strong lead will go without heed. Marty is back. Unfortunately, with one young blonde gun player coming in to the team, one has to go out, and Darcy Parish has suffered a minor calf strain. This will see him sitting at home this week, combing his lovely locks and figuring out what he's going to say on Bomber TV when he re-signs with the club for another four years.

In the Giants camp, Tom Scully, the highest paid man (without drugs) in Blacktown, has been recalled into the seniors in place of Tim Mohr, which sounds like something a German Oliver Twist would say.

339480_912da7c4609a4a31aa30868acb359fab.jpg

ESSENDON BOMBERS - #9 - BRENDON GODDARD

What can you say about BJ? Those who watch footy would all agree that over the past 10 years, there haven't been many players as influential as him. Our captain last season, BJ has recently had the amazing privilege of becoming a father and husband, and it's completely allowed him to take stock and stop being so critical of the smaller things. It's this new perspective that has allowed him to turn from a brilliant outside mid who managed to have some decent games here and there in 2016 to being what he is now. Consistently in our bests. Consistently cutting incredible laser kicks over the centre square and booting it inside 50. He's a fantastic player, and no-one would doubt that.

But another thing that can never be doubted is the passion and genuineness shown by Brendon since he arrived at Essendon. He arrived to immense fanfare. He joined his team mates for the first time in Boulder, Colorado. The first picture of him in that bright neon green Essendon training kit... The posed picture of him wearing the number 9 for the first time...
And then the ASADA s**t hit us. We copped a barrage of crap for years, and BJ arrived smack bang into the centre of it. He defended the club mercilessly, he stuck up for his team mates and pointed at ******* EVERYONE because according to the rest of the AFL, that's all he ever does. Get ******. The man is a legend. He was the best player across two Grand Finals in a week and didn't come away with a flag at St Kilda... But with BJ categorically stating that he wants to play on next year, who's to say we can't make that happen for him?
Today, BJ plays his 300th game. One of the best players of the past decade, BJ is fully deserving of every accolade he gets, and his revival in form this year has been a wonderful thing to watch. The man is a midfield maestro, one of the best set shots we have, and his kicking technique is exactly what they should be putting in the AFL For Dummies books.

So here's to you, Brendon. An incredible player with a red hot temper, a man who would give you the shirt off his back if it meant his team would win, a man who now bleeds red and black. You'll get your silverware mate. You will.
2003%20afl%20xl%20ds1_resize-500x500.jpg

ESSENDON BOMBERS - #26 - CALE HOOKER

Bloody hell, you have one bad game and look at the s**t storm that rocks up. Bugger me. Hooker is not a natural forward, that's plain to see, but as someone who isn't a natural forward, he seems to kick multiple goals a game plenty of times. He has a janky running action, and doesn't look nimble enough to get to the ball in time, but with hands like that, and such a trustworthy kick, having him at CHF is almost a no-brainer. I'm in the "Hooker forward" camp, but I'm also treading the boundaries of using him as a swingman, which has proven to be extremely beneficial in the past. He has been a defender for basically his entire career, which has given him plenty of time to learn how the best forwards work; it's just a matter of implementing that into his own game. The thing is, you can see he's trying to do that, it just takes time. He's no slouch up forward, and any team who underestimates him would rue that day. Gun player, gun kick, just needs to get that gun confidence back, and we will have a ridiculously potent forward duo.

GWS GIANTS - #4 - TOBY GREENE

As I mentioned earlier, Toby Greene is one of those players that can turn a match by himself. He's a little s**t, a rat of a player, who gets into opponent's heads and irritates them, forcing them to make mistakes and allowing him to continue on kicking bags. It's gotten to the point where Greene is rated amongst the absolute best small forwards in the competition, alongside names such as Betts and the king of all small forwards, Orazio Fantasia. There's no doubt that he is an aggressive player with a slight mean streak; he has a propensity to smack blokes in the head just for shits and gigs, and rumour has it that when he was born, the first thing he did when he opened his eyes was sock his mum in the temple. This week, he'll more than likely find himself being manned by Mark Baguley, who doesn't take any s**t himself. Bags, for those that are unaware, is from Frankston, Victoria; which while during the day is pretty nice, with sparkling beaches, glittering sands (which may just be crushed syringes, not sure), and cafes along the waterfront that produce some amazing coffee. During the night, however, it very much resembles a scene from Fight Club, hold for more navy blue wife beaters. With that in mind, who would you bet on if Greene and Bags had a scrap?

GWS GIANTS - #14- TIM TARANTO

While he's down here, we should get him measured up for his suit for the Rising Star.

There's an award for second place, right?

339481_d928ffdd706120daacb6357f46b7e30f.jpg

Numbing The Heat - 3/6/17

Okay. So those that know me would be well aware that I'm a pretty relaxed bloke. I don't get overly angry, I manage to relax even when everyone else is stressed, and most people generally, upon meeting me, assumed I'm either stoned or have been stoned in the past 24 hours. So you could say that I'm pretty vanilla.

The one thing that gets under my collar is people talking s**t about others who simply don't deserve it. Take BJ for example. The goal of an AFL footballer is to win a flag, is it not? To hold aloft the silver cup on the last Saturday of September or the first Saturday in October, and to have your photo on the front and back of the paper with a huge s**t eating grin, holding up a finger (or several, if you either have won more than once or simply can't count), donning the colours of your club that have elevated you to the highest echelon of our game. So when an opportunity comes along for that, alongside a significant pay packet increase, you'd be crazy not to take it, right?

Well according to Trish from Seaford on the St Kilda Facebook page, no. And so writes Trish, "lol he went 4 the money and now is playing with druggos". Marvellous. Your astonishing grip on the reality of everything is wonderful, Trish. Maybe if you stopped sharing minion photos on Facebook, telling everyone about how you're drinking wine on a weekday, and using fourteen exclamation marks every time you type "lol", you'd have a better grasp on the reality of this situation. When BJ decided to leave St Kilda for the greener pastures of Windy Hill, St Kilda had made a very open announcement that they wouldn't be playing for a flag again any time soon. They were putting the cue in the rack and blooding the kids. Sweet, no problem. Nothing wrong with admitting that, that's probably a very smart thing to do so no-one gets their hopes up. Y'know, after 50 odd years of nothing.

And so, Brendon decided to leave. Not much longer, he was photographed in the red and black, sans white, over in Boulder, Colorado. And so the taunting began. "Still not going to make finals", "Still a s**t team", "Won't make a difference". And then the ASADA thing hit. Poor Beej. Straight into a team that was copping it right away. Bugger me. And yet, did he crack it? No. Did he ever speak ill of the club? No. He has been nothing but a polite and courageous player of the Essendon football club since he walked through the door, so why does he consistently cop a bad wrap for being a leader on field? Pointing his fingers at people, yelling for them to get in position, that's exactly what a leader is supposed to do. If players had a problem with it, we would know by now. The only people that have a problem with it are people like Trish from Seaford, who is now busy on her second white wine, having "Saturday Sippers" with the ladies from her old job that she had before she got married to a man with his car as his photo on Facebook and has Trish saved in his phone as "Darl". It gets me real heated when I see s**t like that. People talking crap on others who don't deserve it.

Hey Trish, eat s**t.

And go Bombers.

-VS

(No you're clutching at straws)

339483_df86ff7253ef69e07a6c2910a51fd99b.jpg

ROUND 13, 2016
Etihad Stadium
Crowd - 14,463

ESSENDON BOMBERS 12.18 90
def. by
GWS GIANTS 17.15 117

---------

ESSENDON BEST: Goddard, Cooney, Zaharakis, Z. Merrett, Kelly
ESSENDON GOALS: Daniher 2, Brown, J. Merrett, Langford, Bird
ESSENDON INJURIES: Fantasia (Head knock)

GWS BEST: Shaw, Greene, Coniglio, Scully, Kelly
GWS GOALS: Greene 4, Kennedy 3, Cameron, Williams 2, Griffen, Patton, Coniglio, Reid, Hopper, Kelly
GWS INJURIES: Davis (foot), Coniglio (Corkie to shoulder)

---------

CHANGES SINCE THEN:

ESSENDON OUTS: Brown, Jamar, Leuenberger, Cooney, Dempsey, Parish, J. Merrett, Ambrose, Ashby, Bird, Gwilt, Hams, Kelly, Stokes
ESSENDON INS: Gleeson, Hurley, Myers, Stanton, McGrath, Stewart, Hooker, Colyer, Howlett, Bellchambers, Heppell, Watson, Green, McKenna

GWS OUTS: Patfull, Haynes, Buntine, Coniglio, Downie, Lobb, Griffen, Hopper
GWS INS: Perryman, Tomlinson, de Boer, Taranto, Lloyd, Himmelberg, Corr, Mumford

339484_3cb1371c622ba55143ade1a1ce801b47.jpg

MELBOURNE:
TV:
FOXFooty (LIVE at 4.30pm), FOXTEL Play (LIVE at 4.30pm)
RADIO: Triple M, 3AW, SEN, ABC, ABC Grandstand
MOBILE: AFL Live Official App with LIVE Pass (Unmetred on Telstra Mobile Network)

SYDNEY:
TV:
7mate (LIVE at 4.30pm), FOXFooty (LIVE at 4.30pm), FOXTEL Play (LIVE at 4.30pm)
RADIO: Triple M, ABC, Talking L-Style (wtf is that ahahahah)
MOBILE: AFL Live Official App with LIVE Pass (Unmetred on Telstra Mobile Network)

ADELAIDE:
TV:
FOXFooty (LIVE at 4.00pm), FOXTEL Play (LIVE at 4.00pm)
RADIO: Triple M, 5AA, ABC, ABC Grandstand

PERTH:
TV:
FOXFooty (LIVE at 2.30pm hurhurhur), FOXTEL Play (LIVE at 2.30pm)
RADIO: 6PR, ABC, ABC Grandstand

BRISBANE:
TV:
FOXFooty (LIVE at 4.30pm), FOXTEL Play (LIVE at 4.30pm)
RADIO: Nil

339487_03cc180639c020bebd1a6a9794d4c31c.jpg

This is more of a 50/50 than anyone knows. GWS are missing a heap of players, and the Bombers would be filthy at the crap they served up last week. Expect an angry Essendon; one that won't let the AFL's darling get away with this one. Bombers in a tight one, with Joey D best on ground. Again.

Essendon by 2.

Last edited:

Nice work. Scores are a bit wrong though.
fix'd lel

No need to apologise

Thank you for the time you take to write this and for the laugh you give me when I read your game Day threads

Oh and Trish does not like this
Hahaha very welcome!

Useless Trish, what a slag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back