Preview Round 11, GWS Giants vs Essendon, Saturday 3rd June, 4.35pm AEST, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
Great work, Giants.

That was a very, very good win. Not just because of our staggering injury list, or the fact it was our maiden win against the Eagles, but because of the way it was done. Our game plan carried the day, due to everyone turning up to play for four quarters.

Back at Spotless this Saturday for a twilight match against the Bombers on a six day turnaround. Looking at their season to date, it's hard to get a fix on them. They've running 11th, but have managed to knock off Geelong and the Eagles in the past couple of weeks, so we need to respect them.

There's not much point speculating about injuries anymore, as there aren't any recognised names left in the NEAFL. We're just about running on empty. Thankfully no-one else was injured this afternoon. We might get one or two back next week, but we really just need to get past Essendon and then Carlton before the bye gives everyone a much needed rest.

Leon didn't have much to say in the presser, but he was obviously very pleased. We're turning into a very good team, playing a compelling brand of football, and it's great to see. Can't wait for Saturday.

Let's go Giants, let's go!

I'm expecting a bigger crowd for this. After the last 3 wins there's lots to be excited about

Even if you're a casual or neutral fan you'd be crazy not to be entertained by some of the ripping football contests we've been apart of lately
They deserve it. But dont know if theyll get it.

Big league game next door just before it.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I'm expecting a bigger crowd for this. After the last 3 wins there's lots to be excited about

Even if you're a casual or neutral fan you'd be crazy not to be entertained by some of the ripping football contests we've been apart of lately

Hope you're right because they sure bloody deserve it.

They deserve it. But dont know if theyll get it.

Big league game next door just before it.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

True that, scheduling is a challenge..
My wife and I are doing the Ultimate Giants thing starting at 3.30, our daughters are across the track at ANZ at the Dragons game which wont finish till we have started.. We will all be back in the members stand by 1/4 time though :)

As a club trying to attract and hold the attention of the casual observer though, the more free air we get the better

Hopefully Davis can reel in Daniher. Very dangerous if he gets the upper hand.
I'm not sure Davis will be on him. He played loose tonight from what I saw and Corr had Kennedy. I get Himmelburg played forwatd a lot. I'm a bit confused about Tommos role. I hate wayching on TV without the background view.

Ah but according to the rest of BF we have 1000 1st rounders in the 2nds who can't get a run in the seniors!

Loved the post in the game day thread that claimed Lloyd, Reid, De Boer and Mohr would all be starting 22 in most sides.

I know that some of our players are a little overhyped at times but.....

Loved the post in the game day thread that claimed Lloyd, Reid, De Boer and Mohr would all be starting 22 in most sides.

I would love it if some club offered Mofr or Lloyd a multi year deal :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:rolleyes: Yeah, 'cos like none of those have ever been let go by another club, or never drafted in the first place ... how embarrassing for that poster. :drunk:

Hopefully Davis can reel in Daniher. Very dangerous if he gets the upper hand.

I'm not sure Davis will be on him. He played loose tonight from what I saw and Corr had Kennedy. I get Himmelburg played forwatd a lot. I'm a bit confused about Tommos role. I hate wayching on TV without the background view.
Can see Corr going to Danniher. Davis to Hooker and Tommo to Stewart.

I think Mohr can also play the beast forwards too.

I wont lie i was super surprised they put Corr on Kennedy, but boy didnt he do a great job

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mohr to take Haynes interceptor role ;)
I think he lacks the legspeed. I get was oucjed last night because he was fit and available, and ready to play AFL. Even though we didn't actually need a tall defender. He should a bow for his contribution.

Be gentle. :)

Nah think it could be a good game if we turn up, Like the ride you guys are on at the minute really starting to find your feet. I know a few bomber fans traveling up so expect a good bomber contingent.

Think it's close for a half before you pull away and win by about 5-6 goals.
From memory there was a fair crowd of Bombers fans in 2015. last year. Hope Stewarts coming and wouldn't even mind if he got a few goals,
:cool: In a losing side.
I haven't forgotten you nearly did us with a very depleted side last year. 5 or 6 goals would be great but on form it's likely to be one if it happens at all and I go a little more grey with stress.
As long as there 44 fit players at the end of the game I be ok, and good for us to get back to the best little footy ground in the world.
Your guys seeing it for the first time will love it I'm sure.

Sydney has a fairly large local bombers following. I think it might be from them dominating the 80's with Hawthorn and that was when there was a lot more TV coverage, so it was a "first" team for a lot of sydney siders.

Sydney has a fairly large local bombers following. I think it might be from them dominating the 80's with Hawthorn and that was when there was a lot more TV coverage, so it was a "first" team for a lot of sydney siders.

Probably right, awesome avatar too mate :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back