Unofficial Preview Round 11: How do we beat them Bye Boredom Blues

Hi trendsetters,

First go at this please be gentle. Not sure if I'm doing it right. Also, kudos to Melky on his efforts on the weekend even if it does detract a little from the story....

Jake Melk.jpg

Jake Melksham walks into the brightly lit rooms of the MFC coaching staff offices. He is oddly perplexed by how quiet things are but notices Simon Goodwin sitting in front of his computer diligently tapping away at the keys.

“Whatchya doin’ boss?” asks Melksham.

Simon sighs and turns to his part time back man - part time game plan advisor and responds “I’m working on our brand Melky, what’re you up to?”

“Well it’s Saturday boss, I’ve got my gear, I’m good to go. Who we got this week?” Melksham responded in a somewhat high pitched tone.

“Ahhh c’mon Jake, we explained it to you numerous times during the week mate, this is the bye round.” Goodwin says in a slightly agitated manner.

Melksham looked back wide eyed at his coach and squealed “The buy round? You mean where players are traded and stuff? Ohhh nooo… last time that happened they took me away from Docklands and made me give my favourite red and black sox back”

“Settle down Melky. That’s the trade period. This is the bye week. Nothing for you to be worried about” He paused then mumbled “Yet” under his breath then continued. “Remember the bye week means you have the weekend off, like an RDO mate. Go out and enjoy yourself”

“I was wondering why it was so quiet around here.” Said Jake in a pondering tone. “Maybe I could catch up with some of the lads. What’s Viney up to?” Melksham enthused.

“He’s headed down to Port Lincoln to do some commercial tuna fishing. Reckons he kills two birds with one stone. Gets in some good weight training and makes good coin, you see he holds a pole in each hand and reefs in 250kg blue fin tunas 2 at a time. They pay him double as he is doing two blokes work.” Explained Simon

“What About Wattsy? Maybe I can catch up with him?”

“Nah mate, he’s launching a new range of apparel for his Skwosh brand, seems he has a new fishing line…. Hahahahaa… See what I did there Jake ol mate?” Chuckled Goody. Melksham merely stared back at Goodwin breathing through his mouth looking perplexed. He shortly snapped out of his fugue and suggested, “I know, I can catch up with Gawny”

“Nope, he’s …”

“Jordy?” Interjected Melksham

“Anger management classes I’m afraid” Goody responded shaking his head.

“Kent?” asked Melky in a more desperate manner

“No one’s seen him for a while come to think of it” replied Goodwin scratching his head with furrowed brow

“Clarry?” asked Jake now looking a little defeated

“He mentioned he was heading over to Striker475 ‘s for a BBQ and to start drafting up his Brownlow acceptance speech” chuckled Goody

“What’s Bernie up to then?” Melk pleaded

“Music festival up on the Tweed with Jesse” says Simon then suggests “Why don’t you work on your disposal by foot?”

“But there’s no one around here to kick to?” bemoaned Jake. “Ooh, maybe I could get in touch with an old team mate from my Bomber days and practice kicking it to him” suggested Melksham enthusiastically.

“You don’t need any improvement in the skill of kicking to the opposition Jake” sighed Simon. After a brief pause Goodwin say’s “Come on over here and pull up a stump. You can help me tweak this game plan we devised back in our Bomber days”

Dee’s by a fist!

Last edited:
Melksham merely stared back at Goodwin breathing through his mouth
noiiiice :thumbsu:

I'm looking forward to some solid banter with Bye supporters after last weeks dismal effort by the Suns

noiiiice :thumbsu:

I'm looking forward to some solid banter with Bye supporters after last weeks dismal effort by the Suns
I thought about making a fake account and supporting the bye, but then i realised how far i'd be going to make one stupid joke on this thread

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
You animal. How about a NSFL tag on the thread??

You animal. How about a NSFL tag on the thread??

Not safe for.....
Lunchrooms?
Lounges?
Lunatic asylums?
Libraries?
Little Mary's bar?

I thought about making a fake account and supporting the bye, but then i realised how far i'd be going to make one stupid joke on this thread
Sounds like something I'd do that be honest hahahahaa

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not safe for.....
Lunchrooms?
Lounges?
Lunatic asylums?
Libraries?
Little Mary's bar?

Not Safe For Lunch (NSFL)... a casual semi-nude picture of Milkshakes might cause me to bring up my most recent meal.

Not Safe For Lunch (NSFL)... a casual semi-nude picture of Milkshakes might cause me to bring up my most recent meal.
Gottit, hard to keep up with you young ones and your FLA's

Mar 31, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Middlesbrough FC
How to beat the bye blues? Do what pretty much no one else does in AFL land and go to a VFL game. Actually see for yourself who should be in/out of the side based on seeing it, rather than relying on Mark Robinson telling you who was listed in the bests..

How to beat the bye blues? Do what pretty much no one else does in AFL land and go to a VFL game. Actually see for yourself who should be in/out of the side based on seeing it, rather than relying on Mark Robinson telling you who was listed in the bests..

would love to get to a VFL game but a bit difficult from up here.... might go fishing for a change :p

Mar 31, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Middlesbrough FC
would love to get to a VFL game but a bit difficult from up here.... might go fishing for a change :p
Yeah, i should have included an 'if you can' in there somewhere. Fishing sounds good though. You on the Sunshine Coast or am I thinking of another poster?

Bye Sexual

Draftee
May 29, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
The Bye
Opposition have been quiet. They got nothing just like their trophy cabinet Bye Sexual
WOWEE BOY OH BOY I've been tagged! looks like someone's keen to see a bit more of the Melkmans bait and tackle am I right Yakker ? ah well.. a little bit of byecuriousity never hurt anyone

If history is anything to go by, the dees will be veeerrrry satisfied with themselves after last weekends half-arsed win. I doubt they'll mentally (or physically) turn up this weekend

Back