Preview Round 11: No Changes v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I just had better things to do last night, than spending the whole evening on BF.

The 22nd player is important. They all are. But there's a NTTAWWTteenth of a difference, in terms of performance, between Mackay and any of the likely alternatives. Replacing Mackay with one of the others does not materially improve the team.

That's not to say that there aren't good reasons for selecting the alternatives instead of Mackay. "Player development" is a damn fine reason, given how little we'd lose (if anything) by dropping the more experienced player.
I prefer to not think of the difference in performance between McKay and another player but the effect a single player can have on a culture which can effect many players performances. That imo is the important distinction.

I prefer to not think of the difference in performance between McKay and another player but the effect a single player can have on a culture which can effect many players performances. That imo is the important distinction.
"Affect" maybe! Notwithstanding, I'd always heard that a team is only as strong as it's weakest link....I think that rings pretty true in most instances. I'd also say a Knight vs Mackay swap does make us materially better. The few times I've seen Knight in good high-pressure games / finals, he's performed much better than Mackay (that said, Mackay hasn't been alone - we've often seen Dougie, Atkins & co also struggle).

"Affect" maybe! Notwithstanding, I'd always heard that a team is only as strong as it's weakest link....I think that rings pretty true in most instances. I'd also say a Knight vs Mackay swap does make us materially better. The few times I've seen Knight in good high-pressure games / finals, he's performed much better than Mackay (that said, Mackay hasn't been alone - we've often seen Dougie, Atkins & co also struggle).
Knight 2015, I'd agree with you. Knight 2017 has done even less than Mackay, and badly needs a run in the SANFL to regain match fitness after yet another injury.

Hey guys, who was your travelling emergency? Beech?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a South Australian I find this article rather erroneous with its facts and somewhat offensive, after a decade in Victoria I still can't stomach that sludge known as Big M (Sungold Flavoured Milk however is wonderful), but there is nothing better than a Farmer Union Iced Coffee!

Since you're an ex-pat South Aussie, look in supermarkets for this...

[w.bickfordsflavouredsyrups.com.au] iced-main [e].png

I just had better things to do last night, than spending the whole evening on BF.

The 22nd player is important. They all are. But there's a NTTAWWTteenth of a difference, in terms of performance, between Mackay and any of the likely alternatives. Replacing Mackay with one of the others does not materially improve the team.

That's not to say that there aren't good reasons for selecting the alternatives instead of Mackay. "Player development" is a damn fine reason, given how little we'd lose (if anything) by dropping the more experienced player.

Voice of reason, as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back