Preview Round 11: Port Adelaide vs Essendon, Adelaide Oval, Sunday 29/05/2022 @ 4:40 PM

Can we win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Correct. I also take issue with Parish but not Hobbs, despite Parish's disposal count being excellent. Different players. Different roles.

Because different players, with different roles, have different expectations? Yes. Yes I am.

I am indeed disagreeing.

Incorrect. I'm offering reasons why you can't simply claim because his stats don't match previous years that he's poor, and why you'd be hard pressed to say any of our actual defensive defenders are poor.

You've claimed Kelly was poor. Multiple people have disagreed with you. Moving goalposts doesn't suddenly make them agree with you.

What goal posts am I moving? I’ve said he has been quite poor and underwhelming and not performing as well as other seasons, prove me wrong? All you’ve stated is our midfield are poor at team defence(I agree with you) therefore he shouldn’t be judged as harshly nor should any of the other defenders apart from Heppell.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
What goal posts am I moving?

Many of them, like the one where I disagreed with you about Kelly being poor and underwhelming, and you claimed:

you aren’t even disagreeing he’s been poor and quite underwhelming

Or where you raised Heppell who isn't playing an analogous role, as some kind of counterpoint to Kelly.

You made a statement. Many people have disagreed with you. It's pretty straightforward.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Many of them, like the one where I disagreed with you about Kelly being poor and underwhelming, and you claimed:

Or where you raised Heppell who isn't playing an analogous role, as some kind of counterpoint to Kelly.

You made a statement. Many people have disagreed with you. It's pretty straightforward.

Explain to me what goal posts I have moved? You’re dreaming stuff up man, WTF? 🤣

I wasn’t comparing Heppell to Kelly, I was just asking why you are prepared to give Kelly some leeway and all the other defenders in fact, and not Heppell?

And your reckon I am moving goal posts?

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Explain to me what goal posts I have moved?

I already have.

I wasn’t comparing Heppell to Kelly

Except you very specifically did, twice in-fact;

I don’t really hear the same excuses being made for our captain?

Just from last weeks match

Heppell 8 CP’s Kelly 3
Heppell 6 tackles Kelly 2
Heppell 7 intercepts Kelly 6

I’d suggest he got to and influenced a few more than Kelly on the weekend.

all the other defenders

I think Hind has also been down on form given he plays more as an attacking HBF too.

and not Heppell

I think Heppell has been the worst performed player in our defensive unit based upon his role, expectations, and that he's the Captain.

And your reckon I am moving goal posts?

Yes. I do.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
I already have.

Except you very specifically did, twice in-fact;

I think Hind has also been down on form given he plays more as an attacking HBF too.

I think Heppell has been the worst performed player in our defensive unit based upon his role, expectations, and that he's the Captain.

Yes. I do.

You still haven’t explained what goal
posts you think I am moving, enlighten me

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
enlighten me

I have, a number of times, as have others. Up to you to do the rest.

Seinfeld Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
I dunno man, I've responded quite a few times and you want to bury your hand in the sand.

We get it, you don't rate Kelly. There's nowhere to go from there. A number of us have made it very clear we disagree.

Exactly, right from the start I’ve said he has been quite poor and underwhelming and I’m still saying it now, I just want you to tell me what goal posts you think I have moved?

Only goal posts being moved are by you picking and choosing which players to cut some slack.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Only goal posts being moved are by you picking and choosing which players to cut some slack.

Refer below;

Because different players, with different roles, have different expectations

The rest I'm not going to bother with, because I'm sure Lore is about 3 minutes away from popping in to tell us off

Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
We are a seriously ordinary side. Bring some heat and we will crumble pretty easily. Wouldn't mind a loss this time, would make Ken's position more or less untenable.
We are absolutely no chance in this game. Port are still a legit finals chance, season is well and truly alive, and your team has a defensive system in place. No way you cough up 4 points at home to us.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
We are a seriously ordinary side. Bring some heat and we will crumble pretty easily. Wouldn't mind a loss this time, would make Ken's position more or less untenable.
Then you haven't seen us play. If motivation for a marquee game in Melbourne isn't enough to get us over the line, then we certainly aren't winning a Sunday twilight interstate game.

Robert Shaw advocating for Hobbs and Perkins to get more midfield minutes… but also

David King advocating for Hobbs and Perkins to get more midfield minutes…

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Robert Shaw advocating for Hobbs and Perkins to get more midfield minutes… but also

David King advocating for Hobbs and Perkins to get more midfield minutes…

I feel like the shift has already happened hasn’t it? Merrett appears to be having less CBA’s the last couple of weeks, either Hobbs or Perkins has attended more than him.

foj1

Cancelled
Oct 25, 2005
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
essendon
B McGrathridley Francis
hb hind Reid laverde
c durham parish martin
hf merrett Baldwin perkins
f wanganeen wright mcbride