Game Day Round 11: Ports vs. Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously though Hawf intercept marks were embarrassing seriously embarrassingly easy all day from quarter time on

The whole team literally couldn’t cope with that single adjustment

Forget frees they deserved that and we were so stupid to play into their hands that it defies belief defensive forward transition literally was no more complex than bang it in long !

Well the only real positive from that s**t show is that we only lost by 3 points after being comprehensively outplayed in all facets of the game all day.

Richmond will tear this gameplan to shreds next week. Today was completely lost in the coaches box.
Any well coached side just knows "We'll get the game on our terms"

Meh. Another mid-table finish. We keep bringing in players and having an ever increasing gap between how good we are ‘on paper’ and on the ground. Surely no one can argue we have by far the biggest difference across the league. We are the total is much, much worse then the sum of its parts.

Seriously though Hawf intercept marks were embarrassing seriously embarrassingly easy all day from quarter time on

The whole team literally couldn’t cope with that single adjustment

Forget frees they deserved that and we were so stupid to play into their hands that it defies belief defensive forward transition literally was no more complex than bang it in long !
I kind if agree with this except I embarrassed about our fwd line.

Intercept mark or s**t skills by foot /wrong decisions made by said player, I know what would be backing.

Hawks nearly had our kind of loss, 21 more inside fifties and won by less than a goal. At quarter time having 5 goals from 12 inside fifties didn't seem like us, we didn't disappoint by having 26 inside fifties for 4 goals in the last three quarters.
In the end it was the quarter that is usually our best that cost us, the third. With Hawthorn winning that quarter even though we had a bit of a breeze and turning home with a 7-point lead we seemed gone for all money. It was fortunate the breeze died a bit in the last and some players lifted. Had we stolen that one, it would have done a lot. Winning ugly gives confidence as well as the 4 points.

I kind if agree with this except I embarrassed about our fwd line.

Intercept mark or s**t skills by foot /wrong decisions made by said player, I know what would be backing.
Agree but if the kicks are on top of your head and not to advantage how hard is to keep splitting that contest?

Meh. Another mid-table finish. We keep bringing in players and having an ever increasing gap between how good we are ‘on paper’ and on the ground. Surely no one can argue we have by far the biggest difference across the league. We are the total is much, much worse then the sum of its parts.

this is our issue

on paper it looks good, with fleeting glimpses of what could be. I dare say our engine room isn't firing with wines who can't kick, SPP still learning his trade and boak who is finished. Then we have our outside players in westhoff, polec, watts and motlop who shine one moment and then super lazy the next.

then don't get me started about our forward line

After the Nicholls reaming today heres my thoughts posted on my board
I really believe this needs to happen

Port shown first today why Nicholls shouldn’t be umpiring Hawthorn games

We need to enforce similar to the UK
The FA has all referees upon completion of thier acceptance into the Football League that they advise the team that they support, and as such are never fixtured to referee one of thier games

Eg: From BBC site
Do referees have to say who they support?
Yes. And referees will not get appointed to the clubs they support.

"At the beginning of every season the referees' background information is audited," said Keith Hackett, the former head of Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), the organisation that makes refereeing appointments for Premier League games.

"They complete a form that includes who they support, the history of if they've played the game and with the addresses where they are residing.

"That gives you a picture that comes into use when you're appointing. It's about ensuring, for example, you wouldn't appoint a Sheffield-based ref for a Sheffield team."

Last edited:
Just one change for next week, Wingard out for Marshall.

This is a statement that needs to be made, he needs to pull his head out of his arse. I don't think I've seen a more pathetic game in a long time.
Yep, I've defended Chad for too long. He is out of form, simple as that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On today's performance I can see six more wins for the rest of the year. On that basis we will not make the eight. I think mid table is a bit generous.

Last 4 rounds of umpiring

Vs Hawthorn 23 for 31 against (-8)
vs Gold Coast 23 for, 36 against (-13)
vs Adelaide 24 for 12 against (+12) (and that was an evener from the last few showdowns)
vs West Coast 13 for 30 Against (-18)

are we really that much of an undisciplined side? i think not. 3 games of 30 frees against!! are you serious?

Time for this club to show some balls and organise a meeting with Gillon.
It has to friggin stop.

Also club needs to get a please explain from the AFL/VFL as to why Nichols was camped inside the Hawks f50 for the 2nd half of the last qtr?
i thought it was meant to be a continuing rotation when it went to 3 umpires?

vs Adelaide 24 for 12 against (+12) (and that was an evener from the last few showdowns)

are we really that much of an undisciplined side? i think not. 3 games of 30 frees against!! are you serious?

It has to friggin stop.

Also club needs to get a please explain from the AFL/VFL as to why Nichols was camped inside the Hawks f50 for the 2nd half of the last qtr?

I think there was a stat a few weeks ago that Geelong gave away 30 free kicks for the first time in 4 or 5 years or something.

We've done it 3 times in our last 4 games.

Lol.

Win the contested possessions, dominate clearances and then let them intercept every kick forward. How many times have we lost like that now?
... and after 1/4 time we did what?
The answer might have been on Ken's screen. Saw it about 3/4 times same image. No figures circles or arrows.
Just a pic of the boys. They killed us across the HB line.
Demoralising result again

... and after 1/4 time we did what?
The answer might have been on Ken's screen. Saw it about 3/4 times same image. No figures circles or arrows.
Just a pic of the boys. They killed us across the HB line.
Demoralising result again
I noticed this too
A desktop wallpaper
No data, no video feed.... nothing

It has to friggin stop.

Don’t forget the 8 50 metre penalties.

Disappointed by the final result after the great start.Horrible umpiring in the second qtr didn't help the game either.The Hawks again do well in Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Back