Autopsy Round 11: Richmond V Williamstown @ Punt Road - Saturday 12:00pm, 26/06/15

Remove this Banner Ad

So who comes in for Gordon next week ?

I was hoping Lennon had a great game but looks like he isnt interested & McDonough injured from whats been posted here

Please not Morris or Lloyd
Probably because his body isn't allowing him to be the quality of player that he will eventually be. Patience.

Can someone who watched the game explain to me how Arnot gets voted 5th best and Astbury 4th best with only 10 & 12 disposals, while Lloyd who had 16 disposals and 3.1 doesn't get a mention.

Surely after looking lively earl and slotting 3 goals. Jayden Short should be looked at for a gig in the seniors...Get Shorty

Can we even upgrade him??

25 touches to McDonough is promising although not being named in the best is disappointing. Still think he is the obvious inclusion for Gordon, although Lloyd is the other choice. Menadue popped up with 2 goals shows he is a clever forward.

One tackle for Lloyd is nowhere near good enough especially when he has thus far shown bugger all effort in doing so at senior level which is one of the biggest criticism of him.

Good to see McBean with six tackles though. Seems to be playing more around the ground this season which is having an effect on his output in terms of goals but hopefully he is developing into a better player. Would almost consider him for Gordon this week with Griffiths playing on the wing, although risky with GWS fast paced style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone made the point Morris for hunt which I agree with , Lloyd would be ideal replacement for Gordo , could see him doing alright at the mo in our setup,

If we could combine the best of Lloyd with the best of Gordon, we'd have a player..... what one brings the other doesn't. Both on borrowed time imo.... one will/should go at season's end.

Can we even upgrade him??

25 touches to McDonough is promising although not being named in the best is disappointing. Still think he is the obvious inclusion for Gordon, although Lloyd is the other choice. Menadue popped up with 2 goals shows he is a clever forward.
More likely to get picked now he isn't in the best. Worked for everyone last week and the selections resulted in a win :eek:

It's so hard to work out how VFL form translates into the AFL. Basically, the standard is so far apart (you only have to watch the VFL), it's almost impossible to identify those who have the skill levels and SPEED to translate to the AFL. We saw on Friday how Lambert - who's been consistently racking them up in the VFL and looking like one of our best - was totally lost, too slow and overawed. Now, he's worth another chance - but we still have no clue whether or not he can handle the step up - it's massive.

I'm pretty sure the selection panel pay more attention to training - where they can try young players out against senior AFL players in specific scenarios to see how they stack up. Running around on Saturday morning, beating up kids and wont-make-its is no guide at all.

I always remember Brett Backwell of Carlton. he was a young kid, made a bit of a splash, I think got a Rising Star nom and was in and out of the firsts for a couple of years. Looked very promising. He won the Liston for Best Player in the VFL, when he was still only 21. He was dumped from Carlton's list the same year.

I always remember Brett Backwell of Carlton. he was a young kid, made a bit of a splash, I think got a Rising Star nom and was in and out of the firsts for a couple of years. Looked very promising. He won the Liston for Best Player in the VFL, when he was still only 21. He was dumped from Carlton's list the same year.
Shane Valenti the same. Delisted by Melbourne and a Liston medal winner. Pretty sure some on here were crying for us to recruit him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back