Game Day Round 11 - The Menzel/Rohan Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bloods will have enjoyed watching their mate Rhyce coach his first winning game.
Belief, tough football - some young one spending more time in the middle - Heeney, Mills.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...y/news-story/f69865210dfae6de005b8cc785662e26 https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...y/news-story/f69865210dfae6de005b8cc785662e26
menzel rohan.jpg

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...y/news-story/f69865210dfae6de005b8cc785662e26
Bloods by 17 points

#GoBloods #ProudlySydney

Respect Geelong

Last edited:

momentbymoment

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
Noosa
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Was never happy with the club letting Rohan go and will be even more unhappy if he scores a few goals today.
On the other hand, just hope to see the young guys continue building a platform. Today’s loss will become manure for tomorrow’s premiership.

I hope Menzel stays within 35 m of the goals all day.
Kick it to Menzel, Papley runs past Goal!!
Menzel to kick 4 goals.

Nice OP from Swans Proudly.

As opposed to some other folk, I do not wish any more success for Grohan than for any other Opposition player. In a long career with us he was a bust. Since leaving he has performed at levels he did not before but is still a bottom 22 player.

I have found his whining comments about the trade to be really irritating. His comments suggest he rates himself a long way ahead of what he has delivered. I do not mind if there is truth to the rumour we are subsidising his salary at the Litter Box. Better to cut the losses and get such people out.

It will be a tough debut for Menzell against his old crew and at the Litter Box. It will be interesting to see how the crowd respond to him, particularly if he gets on top. He is a clever forward who uses his marking skills. It has been wet, miserable, cold and windy in Victoria. This morning it is cold and windy but at least it is dry.

I admit to a little worry our fwd line is a little tall. Reid and Menzell are marking players, but Buddwa, McCartin and Blakey are proficient on the ground. As ever delivery to the forward line will be critical. Stevie J has the fwd line operating with efficiency given the little I50 they receive.

I think we match up well against the Cats and I will be gutted if we lose this.

We are a solid chance. Went down to Geelong for years and sat in the cold and wet while we got blown away in the first, fought back in the middle and Geelong would win by 3-5 goals in the end. Since I've stopped going, don't think we have lost down there. That's why my arse is firmly planted on the couch in Melbourne's south-east. If we win, I'm claiming part of the win.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
I hope Menzel stays within 35 m of the goals all day.
Kick it to Menzel, Papley runs past Goal!!
Menzel to kick 4 goals.
He most likely will, which is great as we’ve often been caught out without a stay at home forward. It’s one thing he did very well at Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Nice OP from Swans Proudly.

As opposed to some other folk, I do not wish any more success for Grohan than for any other Opposition player. In a long career with us he was a bust. Since leaving he has performed at levels he did not before but is still a bottom 22 player.

I have found his whining comments about the trade to be really irritating. His comments suggest he rates himself a long way ahead of what he has delivered. I do not mind if there is truth to the rumour we are subsidising his salary at the Litter Box. Better to cut the losses and get such people out.

It will be a tough debut for Menzell against his old crew and at the Litter Box. It will be interesting to see how the crowd respond to him, particularly if he gets on top. He is a clever forward who uses his marking skills. It has been wet, miserable, cold and windy in Victoria. This morning it is cold and windy but at least it is dry.

I admit to a little worry our fwd line is a little tall. Reid and Menzell are marking players, but Buddwa, McCartin and Blakey are proficient on the ground. As ever delivery to the forward line will be critical. Stevie J has the fwd line operating with efficiency given the little I50 they receive.

I think we match up well against the Cats and I will be gutted if we lose this.

I have found this bit to be irritating and friggin’ disrespectful. He had cause, there was nothing toxic and our club handled it poorly!

lazy77

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Rohan was treated harshly by the Swans. He never quite made himself indispensable, but he was a useful, occasionally explosive player and a nice guy. It seemed kinda cold to dump him so unceremoniously. I’m glad he’s doing well at Geelong.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Rohan was treated harshly by the Swans. He never quite made himself indispensable, but he was a useful, occasionally explosive player and a nice guy. It seemed kinda cold to dump him so unceremoniously. I’m glad he’s doing well at Geelong.

Rohan is best when he has a fast midfield moving the ball to him. He rarely got that at the Swans.

Bench is Menzel Blakey Dawson Fox

Usually have one defender on the bench, so possibly Fox is in defence this week
Which could mean Mills in midfield?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back