Game Day Round 11 - The Menzel/Rohan Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

presume he just hasnt got the fitness , as he isnt even pushing outside 50 as the game goes by

i think its either give him a month off to train and do a mini pre season, or do it in game

All the training you want doesn't replicate the fitness gained out of playing a match. So if we think his output isn't enough then it's the NEAFL to gain match fitness and no way in hell is that going to happen.

All the training you want doesn't replicate the fitness gained out of playing a match. So if we think his output isn't enough then it's the NEAFL to gain match fitness and no way in hell is that going to happen.

yep i think that's where it sits

as long as he isnt ruining his body playing then i guess you go for it

Horse instructing them to kick behinds?

he instructs them how to move the ball. tempo to play, where to lead, how to set up

that contributes to where shots are taken from

commentators harped on it all day, we dont play to win

just my view but focusing on accuracy is simplistic and a cop out

At least in Geelong the players standing arm in arm against racism actually means something. One of the only clubs to take a stand against how Goodes was treated and did far more than the AFL did. I'll always respect them as a club for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe we should put Buddy in a new role. Work him around the ground. He has good decision making.
He can't run ATM, he can't play around the ground ATM.

I know there's probably nothing in it but ******* weird that everyone links arms with hands in front and dangerfield had his arms linked with his hands clasped behind his back? Is he a germaphobe?
Illuminati

On the positive side there's a good chance the entire weekends results will be overturned after Collingwood apparently had a decision go against them at some stage during their game.

On the positive side there's a good chance the entire weekends results will be overturned after Collingwood apparently had a decision go against them at some stage during their game.

are they going to award them the flag as compensation

Dawson is becoming a very good senior player

We are far to top heavy in the front half imo , ball walks out of there.

Heeney still a highlight reel with no consistency.

Florent look good on the inside

Hewett is the best clearance player in the 22.

Reid’s in decent form

Our transition from the kicks outs and defence is shocking.

Need wingers and hbf with speed and a boot

Effort was good enough to win. Execution was not. It is that ******* simple. Until this team gets class in it's midfield we are not winning against Football Clubs that have class in their's. It is that simple. Their clearances are smooth ours are scrub it forward Suburban Seconds Football Grit and Grind junk. How the **** do you score on the back of that ? Being negative has **** all to do with it. Even the contest inside 50 sure but it would not have been the difference against that defence with our execution. We have plenty improvement in us but a Top flight skilled midfielder is a must if we want to capitalise on the talent we have in seasons to come.

Buddy looks bad more often than not because we go to him every time...people expect him to be able to win every contest, kick every goal etc etc....delivery to him largely is too slow or as a Hail Mary play. We need to play him in a way that is not so damn predictable. His prescience should create goals for others more than for himself, we just don’t use him in a way that pt can happen.

Effort was good enough to win. Execution was not. It is that ******* simple. Until this team gets class in it's midfield we are not winning against Football Clubs that have class in their's. It is that simple. Their clearances are smooth ours are scrub it forward Suburban Seconds Football Grit and Grind junk. How the **** do you score on the back of that ? Being negative has **** all to do with it. Even the contest inside 50 sure but it would not have been the difference against that defence with our execution. We have plenty improvement in us but a Top flight skilled midfielder is a must if we want to capitalise on the talent we have in seasons to come.
Hewett and Blakey in the middle will be a good start but I hope to God we can snap up another skilled mid in the trade period.

Also, how long has Franklin been unfit now? Watching him continue to play unfit for a year and a half and then what happened with Hannebery has me seriously doubting the competence of our medicos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back