Round 11 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renowned wino, James Halliday says about the 2001 Zema Merlot
"Dense, deep purple-red; opulent mulberry and blackcurrant fruit-driven style; silky tannins; right out of left field.
Good choice for you!!

Bloody hard trading week ......feel as if i am wasting trades, simply to get 18 players on the ground :( ......suffering now for not having enough playing Rookies on the bench :(

Listened to the pro thoughts on bringing S.Selwood in with a potential $60K price increase .....unfortunately Kennedy's injury has stuffed my plans up, and with a potential out for Sandilands, i've had to trade to maintain 18 players .....particularly after having 2 donuts last week :'(:'(

Bringing S.Selwood in would have meant 17 players, if i upgraded a Myers/Fisher/SPP

So i decided :
Kennedy to Ryder
......3 bye player & coverage for Sandi .....Nankervis 3 game ave falling

Fisher to Bolton .......gives me a playing forward

And the big one .......Murphy to Sloane ......Murphy's 3 game ave slipping, tough draw coming up

The above gives me 18 playing v 17 if i brought S.Selwood in, who wasn't going to be a keeper .......aim now is to bring Rocky in, if possible

Looking at dropping SPP,Williamson and Barrett for Greenwood,Shazaberg and the Sloane ranger.
SPP to play through buys but don't feel he will deliver enough to miss getting my targets.
Barrett has gone great and is set to rise more, but so is Sloane.wanted him all year and it's time to pounce...even if it costs a few points in the byes.
Williamson has been there when I've needed him and it was between him and the new SP Stewart....later Willy!
Risky goin early on Shaz too...I don't think it will happen but he could be the next Mcniece.
Thoughts appreciated..

Some talk on the Cats board that Black may get a recall, taking Parsons spot
Hope this is bullshit!
Need that spud this week.
Why would Geelong drop one spud for another spud...?
At least parsons offers some fwd pressure.
He has been s**t but!

Crunched some numbers and here's my plan.

I'm keeping SPP over Barrett due to SPP's higher ceiling and Port having a good run coming up. Thought about Pendles but I need to do something different so I'm going to take a punt on Wines who's a lot cheaper and is much more bye friendly. Steele has peaked and I'm sad to see him go. Parsons is a spud and I''ll cash him in early. Bringing in two must haves this week in S Selwood and Greenwood.

Next week I'll trade Walters, Otten and Stewart for Docherty (finally), Hibberd who should be a top 6 defender and some rookie.

I'll have Berry, SPP and Myers who I should be able to turn into a forward premo quite easily in the final bye round. This leaves me with ten trades with Shaw, Fyfe, S Selwood, Wines, Witts and Sandi as faux premos, the the rest are guns. I should have a few rookies ready to cull by then so I can do the one down two up thing post byes.

Bloody hard trading week ......feel as if i am wasting trades, simply to get 18 players on the ground :( ......suffering now for not having enough playing Rookies on the bench :(

Listened to the pro thoughts on bringing S.Selwood in with a potential $60K price increase .....unfortunately Kennedy's injury has stuffed my plans up, and with a potential out for Sandilands, i've had to trade to maintain 18 players .....particularly after having 2 donuts last week :'(:'(

Bringing S.Selwood in would have meant 17 players, if i upgraded a Myers/Fisher/SPP

So i decided :
Kennedy to Ryder
......3 bye player & coverage for Sandi .....Nankervis 3 game ave falling

Fisher to Bolton .......gives me a playing forward

And the big one .......Murphy to Sloane ......Murphy's 3 game ave slipping, tough draw coming up

The above gives me 18 playing v 17 if i brought S.Selwood in, who wasn't going to be a keeper .......aim now is to bring Rocky in, if possible
No thoughts on him at M9 after the byes? The cats have a stack of Friday / early Saturday games for the rest of the year. He'll at least let you to have a look at his score early round.

No thoughts on him at M9 after the byes? The cats have a stack of Friday / early Saturday games for the rest of the year. He'll at least let you to have a look at his score early round.
It would have meant playing 17 if i brought Selwood in ......i wasn't going to downgrade a premium mid to bring him in.

The conundrum is Sandi ......if out, that would have resulted in playing 16, and not doing that ......can get everyone and Sloane was a preference over Bont

Early thoughts....

Fisher to Bolton
Balic to Greenwood
Sandi to Sloane
$164.2k

Leaves my rucks as 3 R/F's which is frustrating, but Sandi could be out longer & Sloane has bottomed out. That said, could Scooter do a number on him??

Running with the '90 Grange Shiraz, or like most of us here, the '17 vintage 5 litre death box from Aldi?

LOL!

I wish it was the 90 Grange Shiraz. :p

Unfortunately just the $5.00 Chancellor and Co Merlot from BWS at Woolworths. :drunk:

Still a great bottle of wine for $5.00 though I reckon. :D:thumbsu:

Sacred Hill is the other $5.00 cheapie wine that I highly recommend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hampton out for 3 months means he will now be out for scharenberg and Marchbank will survive until round 14. Pickett to SSelwood will be the only other trade. This gives me 19 on the field, hopefully at least one of Sandi or Houston are on this week. If both are out I'll be forced to use the third trade, probably Houston to Higgins.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My round 11 bye is ****ed, struggling to field 18

2 trade:
Hampton to Ryan (if he's in)
Barrett to Wines or Gray

3 trades:
Hampton to Shaz or Ryan
Barrett to SSelwood
Newman to Pittard

LOL!

I wish it was the 90 Grange Shiraz. :p

Unfortunately just the $5.00 Chancellor and Co Merlot from BWS at Woolworths. :drunk:

Still a great bottle of wine for $5.00 though I reckon. :D:thumbsu:

Sacred Hill is the other $5.00 cheapie wine that I highly recommend.
You could get a fantastic cleanskin for 5$ a decade ago, but now the reds are like salad dressing but some whites are passable. (great for cooking the 5 buck chucks tho)

WHE to Greenwood
If Parsnip is chopped (see what I did there?) then Bolton in.
Fisher (Carl) to Sloan

ATM anyway.
Anyone think Roughy should be traded out?

I'd hold Roughead at least until his bye. I'm seeing him as a keeper at this stage

I'm looking at trading in the next few weeks - partly though because I'm going to be carrying Greene and Greenwood into the R13 bye (I'm heavy on R13 keepers and non topped out rookies across all lines). I'm holding as long as possible though in the hope he pumps out a big one.

Sounds like you're set-up pretty well.
Don't know the rest of your backline but is Newman the only option? He could easily become J.Lloyd (and make money) or Rance/Harbrow/Simpson (for 50k) in 2-3 weeks.

Yeah Newman is my last upgrade spot it my backline (got Doch, Laird, Adams, Lloyd, Hibberd).
Want to bring in Williams for him but unfortunately he has the R13 bye so I'll have to bring him in after the byes.

Gah. Scott Selwood vs Ollie Wines.

I am pretty bullish on Ollie. Think he could easily average 110 from here on and if Selwood only averages 10 tackles per game his scores will drop by 28 points leaving him in no mans land.

Any Port supporters believe that the Geelong game showed he is over his knee concerns he has carried since the Brisbane game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back