Round 11 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

What's your team? Must have started with a good base to have 17 trades and 2 rooks.
Lloyd, Laird, Simpson, Sicily, Seedsman, Doedee (Mirra/Rice)
Macrae, Mitchell, McLean, Coniglio, Gibbs, Merret, Whitfield, Rockliffe (Coffield/Barry/Phillips)
Gawn, Lycett (Crossley)
Smith, Heeney, Walters, Billings, Christensen, Fritsch (Guelfi/Smith)

It's far from perfect because I have Christensen, Billings, Whitfield and Lycett, though. Lycett is doing his job for now, so might now hold him to the bye. The three forward rookies (two on bench and one on field) are doing enough to cover the F6, and even F5 for now as well, certainly to cover Billings or Christensen when I have an inkling they'll spud it up, but we'll dump one, bring McLean back down and grab dusty or another underperforming mid during byes.

Anyway, either:
1) Murray and Lycett to Rice and Grundy (leaves around 60k in the kitty from memory)
2) Murray and Kelly to Rice and Smith (leaves 600k in the kitty)
3) Kelly and Lycett to Smith and Grundy (leaves about 10k in the kitty)

Last edited:
Lloyd, Laird, Simpson, Sicily, Seedsman, Doedee (Mirra/Rice)
Macrae, Mitchell, McLean, Coniglio, Gibbs, Merret, Whitfield, Rockliffe (Coffield/Barry/Phillips)
Gawn, Lycett (Crossley)
Smith, Heeney, Walters, Billings, Christensen, Fritsch (Guelfi/Smith)

It's far from perfect because I have Christensen, Billings, Whitfield and Lycett, though. Lycett is doing his job for now, so might now hold him to the bye. The three forward rookies (two on bench and one on field) are doing enough to cover the F6, and even F5 for now as well, certainly to cover Billings or Christensen when I have an inkling they'll spud it up, but we'll dump one, bring McLean back down and grab dusty or another underperforming mid during byes.

Anyway, either:
1) Murray and Lycett to Rice and Grundy (leaves around 60k in the kitty from memory)
2) Murray and Kelly to Rice and Smith (leaves 600k in the kitty)
3) Kelly and Lycett to Smith and Grundy (leaves about 10k in the kitty)
If you've got enough coverage in defence, I'd go option 3. Kelly is just leaking money, where Murray will hold his value.

Thanks, I was thinking the same. Its just all Brayshaw at the moment with his big score. Was leaning towards Simpson as a more solid premo.
Players revert back to a mean, and if you've missed the 166 then you are paying for past scores, not the future. He may well be a fine pick, but like you said, Simmo is a premium with a solid scoring history and for me, worth the extra $35k. Call it an insurance fee if you will.

Currently looking at:
Naughton -> Ridley
Sicily to forwards and Coffield to defence
Fritsch -> Rockliff

This'd leave me with 12 trades, $152k in the bank and Ridley/Cole/Coffield as my only on-field rookie.

As appealing as Tim Smith is, I can't really afford to bring him in with my bye setup. Ridley gets the nod over Rice because I'm short on Round 14 defenders.

Thoughts?

View attachment 504666
Am I crazy bringing Ridley in over Rice? I'm really unsure about how long Ridley will stay in the senior team, but he'd be so helpful for my bye structure.

Am I crazy bringing Ridley in over Rice? I'm really unsure about how long Ridley will stay in the senior team, but he'd be so helpful for my bye structure.
Crazy as a coconut !! Go rice for sure

Garlett -> Smith
Lycett -> Grundy

Will look at Austin or Heron if I want a downgrade next week. Getting Grundy in should give me an automatic 20-40 point upgrade on field

Rice is much healthier

Crazy as a coconut !! Go rice for sure
Faaaaaaark, I know Rice is the better option but he really doesn't help me across the byes. I guess Ridley also doesn't help me across the byes if he ends up not playing at all. Really struggling with this one.

Rice is much healthier
Please tell me this pun was intentional.

So I've got 2 mids to finish off.

Curnow will be my last get after his bye.

I need to choose 1 for this week.
Currently have danger traded in.

I have macrae, Titch, treloar, fyfe, coniglio, o'meara, danger, Walter's (moved to fwd when I get curnow).

Anyone better over danger?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I've got 2 mids to finish off.

Curnow will be my last get after his bye.

I need to choose 1 for this week.
Currently have danger traded in.

I have macrae, Titch, treloar, fyfe, coniglio, o'meara, danger, Walter's (moved to fwd when I get curnow).

Anyone better over danger?
Super jealous of your midfield, top 5 mids right there! Curnow and Danger will be the cherry on the top!

Sticking with my initial trades
Finlayson --> Rice, Kelly --> Rockliff
Means Rice at D6 this week, Murray and Mirra EMG (iliketolivedangerously.jpg)

Depending on scores this week, could have enough coin next week to go
Murray --> Heron (hope he plays well, a gold coast rookie would be great through the byes)
Brayshaw --> Simpson (Seedsman into the middle for the time being)
Fritsch --> McLean (Billings becomes F7)
I'm not too fussed about trading in R12 players ahead of their bye. I have 24 to choose from

I don't think so. Ridley has looked really good at the level and look at the players named on the bench and as emergencies for Essendon. Ridley isn't going anywhere. Rice likely has to play as a tall defender and could have quite the impact on his scoring.

Still going with my ZGL->Smith and Kelly->Rocky trades after the Howe out. Just have to hold Howe and hope he is back next week. If he isn't then he may be fodder for a round 12 premo over his bye.

My hardest choices are which rookies to play - Richards v Rice (thinking Richards) and Ronke v Smith v Guelfi (still unsure on this. Smith is safer, but if Ronke outscores him handily it could be a good POD, Guelfi has tougher opposition so probably doesn't get a look in).

Torn on the second trade. ZGL -> Smith locked.

Was planning on going Richards -> Rice, however the 87 last week and new BE of 13 has thrown a spanner in the works. Had he scored another 60, he was in the gun and gone for sure. Thinking I should stick with the upgrade plan and be thankful for the extra $37k he gave.

I’m keeping him until his bye. Has been scoring well recently so you wouldn’t think he’s going to crash.
Thinking his cash generation is about 25-50k more (max). Guelfi and Spargo aren't ready to be moved on. I still have ZGL.

Do we think he's Plateued? He only needs one or two good scores to start producing more $$.

Feels like I'm the only one trading out Frisch. You guys think he's a keeper (M6/M7) or still more money to be made ?
Scoring potential atm is fine keep him til his bye he may bust out another big score which is handy

Torn on the second trade. ZGL -> Smith locked.

Was planning on going Richards -> Rice, however the 87 last week and new BE of 13 has thrown a spanner in the works. Had he scored another 60, he was in the gun and gone for sure. Thinking I should stick with the upgrade plan and be thankful for the extra $37k he gave.
I'm in the exact same spot as you. Locked ZGL > Smith and was gonna do the Richards > Rice. I'm now thinking of Cole > Rice instead. I still have Murray and Coffield on the pine but would rather trade them both out in their bye round in case they come back in next week..

Feels like I'm the only one trading out Frisch. You guys think he's a keeper (M6/M7) or still more money to be made ?

I’m trading him out as well for smith. The profit from doing so allows me to go Barry> rockliff which helps my bye structure immensely.

I will be fielding guelfi/smith who I think are capable of producing similar scores so won’t lose too much in terms of onfield scoring (I hope!). Smith has the same by so it also means my bye structure remains the same. Happy to keep ZGL around as a warm body through the bye and hope he doesn’t get dropped, who knows he might score a 50 just when I need it though the byes lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Option 1
Seedsman -> Mid

Brayshaw (Freo) -> K.Simpson
Fritsch (Mel) -> Walters

Then during the bye go hard on the trades and move Seedsman back and finish off the midfield

Not sure if it's a smart idea turfing fritsch just yet, reversing about a bajillion times

Option 2
Fritsch (Mel) -> Walters (Freo)
Brayshaw (Freo) -> A.Brayshaw (Mel)

Straight trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Back