Trades Round 11 trades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. He could decide the rankings really over the byes. If Whitfield averages 150+ through the byes then non-owners haven't got a hope.

A simple opponent (GCS) can easily have the opposite effect on scoring (eg. games done, whitfield to the bench or whitfield to half forward to netflix and chill). Whitfields been at his seagulling best racking up +6's this year but I honestly dont see him as a 120+average player.

Nothing has changed from last year to justify this +20-30ppg increase so I'm backing (perhaps stubbornly so) that this is a purple patch.

I've got no doubt I'll need Whitfield eventually but I suspect purchasing an $800k player pre-buys could be devastating for trade flexibility in the next 3-4 weeks. I'd rather be accidentally swimming in cash in R14 because I shopped from the bargain bin rather than scrounging around for that spare changes down the side of the seat cause I blew my wallet on Whitfield.

But in reality I'm probably of this mentality because I started with Macrae and am losing ~ $200k on him so far. I simply don't have the luxury to spend the coin on Whitfield right now if I seriously want a complete premo team by R14.

I'm one of those that have been betting against Whitfield all year. I think not getting him in for the hope he will drop cash is similar to betting on black in roulette just because red has come up 8 times in a row. The whole mentality that black 'is due' or in the case of Whit - that he is due for a poor run has really cost me personally. For that reason I can't leave him out because he continues to defy my thinking.

Well Drew not being named forces my hand a bit, but was 90% confident I was doing this anyway -

Drew -> O.Baker
Petrecculle -> Dusty

60k in bank

I had Gaff for Rocky locked in but the $100k saved going to Cripps won me over.

Got a bit spooked with where all my upgrade cash was going to come from when I looked at the rookies on my bench so I thought going for value was the safer option at this point.

I've got ~200k cash with the trade to Gaff, so I'm doing okay either way on that end. But Cripps at $698k looks to be good value. Decisions, decisions.

Rocky to Whitfield
Ross to Baker
$100k in the bank

Don't see how these trades can go too wrong unless Baker gets dropped next week or Whitfield gets an injury or gets tagged or something.

Change of plans again, without Drew, Rocky or Hately I keep getting stuck with Bewley on field. I liked the look of him last week for Freo but not Fantasy against the Pies at the MCG, and so its now

Rocky + Scrimshaw --> Henderson + Broadbent

I like Henderson as a slight POD and just because he's playing good footy and I'm hoping Broadbent is about the best I can get on field this week. Plus he should make some money over the next few. It also covers me in case Rocky's two weeks turns into a MCrouch injury.

Only 156k in the bank but still Lockhart/Drew/Hately/Petruccelle to help fund the bye trades.

Scrimshaw>Gardner
Miers>Sheed

Going early on Houli, Yeo and Dusty has gotten me back to a semi respectable ranking. Sheed looks the standout to me at his price, only low scores are when WC were playing the extra mid.

Change of plans again, without Drew, Rocky or Hately I keep getting stuck with Bewley on field. I liked the look of him last week for Freo but not Fantasy against the Pies at the MCG, and so its now

Rocky + Scrimshaw --> Henderson + Broadbent

I like Henderson as a slight POD and just because he's playing good footy and I'm hoping Broadbent is about the best I can get on field this week. Plus he should make some money over the next few. It also covers me in case Rocky's two weeks turns into a MCrouch injury.

Only 156k in the bank but still Lockhart/Drew/Hately/Petruccelle to help fund the bye trades.
As a Broadbent owner I should let you know his JS is shakier than Micheal J Fox. I think they are playing 9 defenders and Hartlett still has to come back. I'd be surprised if he plays after the bye. But I am no Port expert.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay so after i traded in Ziebel for his 48 last week i have decided i am done trying to pick players to perform well for me and i am now just going to start targeting popular premos to curse from now on...

This week is Whitfield

sorry in advance to all owners and Giants fans.

Okay so after i traded in Ziebel for his 48 last week i have decided i am done trying to pick players to perform well for me and i am now just going to start targeting popular premos to curse from now on...

This week is Whitfield

sorry in advance to all owners and Giants fans.

At least your life has purpose.....

As a Broadbent owner I should let you know his JS is shakier than Micheal J Fox. I think they are playing 9 defenders and Hartlett still has to come back. I'd be surprised if he plays after the bye. But I am no Port expert.

I've a few minutes to make a change to Perryman, I kind of liked Broadbents week 12 bye, Ill scrape 18 next week but then should be sorted. :think:

Where's PAFC27 when you need him...

Last edited:
Gardner or Bewley?
Bewley. Way better scoring potential.

Depends. Bewley has far higher scoring potential, particularly this week. I cannot see a debutant KPP scoring well against WCE in the west.

But Gardner is a DPP and depending on your bye structure, this might be helpful for you to have.

But if it's for short term points and cash generation, Bewley is definitely the safer and most likely correct pick....

I'm also not mozzing Gardner hoping he kicks 8 on debut this week either... :p

Depends. Bewley has far higher scoring potential, particularly this week. I cannot see a debutant KPP scoring well against WCE in the west.

But Gardner is a DPP and depending on your bye structure, this might be helpful for you to have.

But if it's for short term points and cash generation, Bewley is definitely the safer and most likely correct pick....

I'm also not mozzing Gardner hoping he kicks 8 on debut this week either... :p
I can get Gardner at forward and I still have Rozee in defenders, so the DPP could be handy.

Whitfield (C) ;)
Come at me!

Drew traded, F.U port...
Thanks for the cash Drew.
China is full of smog, he might replace someone with breathing difficulties.
All good now, i have changed to Taranto so you should be fine to get another 190 from him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back