Round 11 Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got both but only fielded Sholl :thumbsu:
Sholl looks very good. Very high ToG as well. Will play every game and score well

Might grab him this week if I need a def rook

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
2 trades left... Was going to go Conroy > Draper until chaos ensued. All I achieved this week was dead rookie Sturt > Turdberg
Take a punt. Whynot.
I'm in same boat. Was going Conroy>draper till last night, have 2 trades and thinking Baldrick > Wicks. Cant see how Baldricks score will help this week.
Get a Wicks/OHalloran this week could prove handy legup on next week, then grab Bytel/Flanders next week and 2 upgrades.

Benchpress

Team Captain
Jun 18, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What would be achieved doing that trade this round?
Probably only an extra 10 points MAYBE 😂 nah was thinking more money which would give me around 275k so I could do a straight swap for Pickett to Fyfe next round. But smarter to wait and see how he goes and do the trade next week if needed.

Last edited:

Benchpress

Team Captain
Jun 18, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Take a punt. Whynot.
I'm in same boat. Was going Conroy>draper till last night, have 2 trades and thinking Baldrick > Wicks. Cant see how Baldricks score will help this week.
Get a Wicks/OHalloran this week could prove handy legup on next week, then grab Bytel/Flanders next week and 2 upgrades.
I wish I could but I actually need Spud in my fwd line this week. So many rested!

Probably only an extra 10 points MAYBE 😂 nah was thinking more money which would give me around 275k so I could do a straight swap for Pickett to Fyfe next round. But smarter to wait and see how he goes and do the trade next week if needed.

FWIW, I’m probably doing that exact trade Andrew Birch.

Not many weeks til finals and I have 11 trades left. I just need to get to finals so doing this trade now allows me to hopefully do 2 up 1 down next week.

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
I wish I could but I actually need Spud in my fwd line this week. So many rested!
Fair enough, but there is still some merritt in taking a punt on Flanders before next week coz at least he's playing.
In a perfect world hell no, but the risk i reckon is only 20 points, and Flanders is a very good chance to outscore spudarick.
Spudarick scores 50 ?? right ? Its almost a given. A crap 1st game from Flanders might be 30 ??
Yes, he's 40K more than a standard rook, but with any luck he'll score 40-50, get ignored by 99% then go 100 next round.
From here on i reckon take a few risks and do things we dont normally try.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
FWIW, I’m probably doing that exact trade Andrew Birch.

Not many weeks til finals and I have 11 trades left. I just need to get to finals so doing this trade now allows me to hopefully do 2 up 1 down next week.
Fair enough, but there is still some merritt in taking a punt on Flanders before next week coz at least he's playing.
In a perfect world hell no, but the risk i reckon is only 20 points, and Flanders is a very good chance to outscore spudarick.
Spudarick scores 50 ?? right ? Its almost a given. A crap 1st game from Flanders might be 30 ??
Yes, he's 40K more than a standard rook, but with any luck he'll score 40-50, get ignored by 99% then go 100 next round.

Flanders may well outscore Budarick by 20+ points this round, it doesn't mean he won't be dropped next round whilst Budarick continues to hold his place in GCs starting 18 all year. All good though, it's not like we're going to ever need bench cover again...oh

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
Flanders may well outscore Budarick by 20+ points this round, it doesn't mean he won't be dropped next round whilst Budarick continues to hold his place in GCs starting 18 all year. All good though, it's not like we're going to ever need bench cover again...oh
Take a risk ;)
Take a walk on the wild side :thumbsu:

Flanders may also go tropical and then you may wish you could have ALL of Wicks Bytel and Flanders in the one week.
With the risks caused by these silly byes, team release timing etc etc...picking up a highly regarded rook a week early isnt exactly life and death.
Spudarick is surplus to requirements right now....he's the coolest of the warm bodies. Ok maybe not quite as bad as say Starc, but its getting late in the season and we all need to take a few calculated risks to prosper.

Take a risk ;)
Take a walk on the wild side :thumbsu:

Flanders may also go tropical and then you may wish you could have ALL of Wicks Bytel and Flanders in the one week.
With the risks caused by these silly byes, team release timing etc etc...picking up a highly regarded rook a week early isnt exactly life and death.
Spudarick is surplus to requirements right now....he's the coolest of the warm bodies. Ok maybe not quite as bad as say Starc, but its getting late in the season and we all need to take a few calculated risks to prosper.

And Woodcock! Yeah hopefully we can get an idea of fixtures so we know which of these rooks to get. Went early on Wicks because of his bye.

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
And Woodcock! Yeah hopefully we can get an idea of fixtures so we know which of these rooks to get. Went early on Wicks because of his bye.
Yepp. Him too definitely.
Thats a lot to pick up in 1 week.
Whynot try for as many as possible coz its nearly the last chance for fresh rooks to have enough time to fatten. How many weeks to go ?
Not far off that time.
This batch is important i reckon.

Would like to pick up Bytel coz he's had a tough run and took his chance. I'd also like Wicks too, and Flanders is a gun. Last chance to grab Woodcock etc etc etc.
Gold Coast lose a cpl more games and crap scoring warm bodies like Baldrick could be out on their ear just as easy as another.

Just my take on it. Most golden rules and common sense are out the window at the moment.

Benchpress

Team Captain
Jun 18, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I rolled the dice on Woodcock and it worked, I might consider the same with Flanders for an extra trade next week. If I roll snake eyes oh well lesson learnt.

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
I rolled the dice on Woodcock and it worked, I might consider the same with Flanders for an extra trade next week. If I roll snake eyes oh well lesson learnt.
I like the cut of your jib :thumbsu:

We need to make decisions, but we cant kid ourselves it much more than luck anyway. We like to think it is. We run with common sense 90% of the time and gets us nowhere during times like this. Too many variables this season.

Take this weeks choice between Shoenberg and Sholl. Crows going shyt and had no bye yet so 1 game down....so do you want both of them ? Not me. I bet most though (including me) went with the wrong one.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
This is Paige 28 of this thread

images (6).jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back