Review Round 11 vs Essendon @ Metricon (Wed 12/8/20 - 7:10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys, for what its worth, I have followed the SUNS since the get go so know where we have come from BUT 2020 had all the odds in our favour- playing at home most of the year, not having to go to WA and SA, finals in queensland and we are playing with great momentum. It is just frustrating that we continue to lose these close games! In reality, we probably weren't going to make finals HOWEVER if the chance came up we would have jumped at it so it doesn't stop this disappointment!
A true suns supporter would already know the disappointment. 😂😂 I barely feel it anymore 🙁

Guys, for what its worth, I have followed the SUNS since the get go so know where we have come from BUT 2020 had all the odds in our favour- playing at home most of the year, not having to go to WA and SA, finals in queensland and we are playing with great momentum. It is just frustrating that we continue to lose these close games! In reality, we probably weren't going to make finals HOWEVER if the chance came up we would have jumped at it so it doesn't stop this disappointment!
Geelong, Melbourne, Sydney still away. flyback played bulldog, St kilda, essendon in compact schedule. For a young team is a big ask.

We won lost 19 games in a row last year, have the youngest team in the league, talent is there but still extremely raw. Anyone thinking of finals at any stage this year is delusional. Odds where never in our favour because we still aren't that good yet. The pieces are their and there will be flashes but we arent a finals team. We are 12th-16th

We won lost 19 games in a row last year, have the youngest team in the league, talent is there but still extremely raw. Anyone thinking of finals at any stage this year is delusional. Odds where never in our favour because we still aren't that good yet. The pieces are their and there will be flashes but we arent a finals team. We are 12th-16th
I know we probably weren't going to make it but if the chance is there- we still had to believe we could make it!

Rankine has kicked 2 goals 8 behinds in the 4th quarter this year..

Explains a lot
Dude you've got to temper your expectations jesus christ. He has played 6 games, he finds all the right spots and he is always around the mark. You are expecting every player to be a star straight out of the gun.

Players individually did some good things but don't see a whole lot of system sometimes.

Midfield got outplayed badly.
Just couldn't get our hands on the ball

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 10.02.30 pm.png Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 10.02.42 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The scariest thing about that is they’re effectively playing 3 quarters of football should be able to play the game out at least..
Compact schedule played a part in it. This season is for experience, next year no more execuses.

The scariest thing about that is they’re effectively playing 3 quarters of football should be able to play the game out at least..
It's a good point. I know everyone keeps saying we're cooked but we keep being in these games to the end. While I think we have problems in the clutch moments. We're still running out games well against more experienced teams like St Kilda and Essendon.

Compact schedule played a part in it. This season is for experience, next year no more execuses.
and these tough hard games we've been playing. At least if they are blowout wins, we could take the foot off the peddle late in the game with control but these tough games require the boys to play out the game 110%

Disappointed with that result. Need a win for morale and reward for efforr

Realistically however we are not in a position to make finals this year. In saying that, 4 wins out of 11 games and to still have a positive percentage is a massive win for the suns in 2020. Get excited fellas we our first finals berth should arrive next year.

Powell is showing great signs that he might be able to fill that position of need - where has that come from

Trying to see positives but I'm not sure how we're any more advanced on the same game last year which we should have won except this year we had close to a full list to choose from and they rolled out their ressies

Trying to see positives but I'm not sure how we're any more advanced on the same game last year which we should have won except this year we had close to a full list to choose from and they rolled out their ressies
We lost that game though. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back