Review Round 11 vs Essendon @ Metricon (Wed 12/8/20 - 7:10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying to see positives but I'm not sure how we're any more advanced on the same game last year which we should have won except this year we had close to a full list to choose from and they rolled out their ressies

You need to be more positive, no point spending 10 year negative. You need - and + and hole and screw.

The team is going to have a very different feel once we can get Rory Thompson back. Imagine Ballard being a loose intercepter like Ridley, and Bowes being able to move into the midfield full time.

don’t forget how bad we were last year when you look at this game.

we’re on 18 points, without Thompson and Rowell, and with Rankine, Lukosius, King, Anderson, Flanders, and Powell all being under 21.

wins will come.

Also umpires completely put their whistles away that game. Objectively both teams deserved a lot more frees than they were given.

How good was Ridley for them, good lord almighty

Pick 22 in the 2016 draft behind Ainsworth, Scrimshaw, Brodie and Bowes. He is a ripper. Out of contract this year but don’t think he will be for much longer

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thought it was a very good game, and surprised it was a draw honestly. Thought you were going to win that one.

Really like watching the Suns play, and you’ve got some fantastic young talent. You guys will only continue to build further.

Best of luck on the rest of the season!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This season was never about making finals, lets' be honest. It was about improving and not being blown apart, and playing a sustainable brand. Has that been achieved? I'd vote for yes.

Win as many as you can but keep improving is the key, to go into next season. Suns are prob Lions from 2018. Didn't win too many, but was in every single game. But 2019? (2021) was one step further.

Draws are tough. They aren't a loss. It's not a win. Very strange feeling indeed.

They had a tough 3rd quarter, but managed to get back into the game. One might. say Miller having to tag McGrath out of the game was costly, but there was more opportunities to win the game rather than what he was doing. The midfield needed to step up a lot more. But they'll take a lot from this.

Can say.. what if Rankine got that goal. WHAT if, King got the goal rather than a point. What if a few things. But just need to minimise errors and keep doing things better.

Had my late supper. I’m full of obscene junk food now. It still Feels like a heartbreaking loss.
over and out
Still not home yet, Desperately craving ice cream like I'm on the wrong end of a break up again.

This year has not been good for my heart, just ugh

If Rankine's last shot at goal was done by any other players the commentators would have ripped him apart for turning his back on his forward line when he was 60m out and not just getting it forward asap or hitting the top of the square. Saying that, I wanted him to kick it.

If Rankine's last shot at goal was done by any other players the commentators would have ripped him apart for turning his back on his forward line when he was 60m out and not just getting it forward asap or hitting the top of the square. Saying that, I wanted him to kick it.
The idea to run the clock was the correct one, Takes the loss out of the conversation.

Just the execution to get it into a rushable location was bad, Just needed max distance.

I rather your contributions before your recent ban than after.. maybe you miss briztoon too much and trying to bait everybody now
Nah i don't said much nowadays or mostly nonsense, after my soccer team win premiership, i don't put too much effort in forum or social media. I never have an account for forum for my soccer team, social media I only read no reply.

SUNS SING A NICE BALLARD
Not all that shines at the Suns are first-round draftees.

Ben King had his moments and kicked a remarkable goal for a 202cm forward, a gather, a shrug, a sidestep, a sprint and he kicked the goal. He missed another with two minutes to play and then Izak Rankine fell short with another shot at goal.

But it’s up the other end where the Suns also have a rising star. He is 21-year-old Charlie Ballard. He staved off a surging Essendon, taking seven intercept marks, which was the equal most this season.

My God, they are going to be a good team for a long time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back