Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
A0E320BE-E5B0-424B-A866-C405873EE9D4.jpeg
Last time we met it was a thrashing
Giants 20 14 134
Suns 4 2 26

With one forced change in Ainsworth who comes in?
Will Touk come back?

Hoping to see Hanley and Touk back. After this match we have 2 really winnable matches against St Kilda and North so hopefully we get some numbers back by then. I reckon Bowes might have been carrying something last night.
Would you risk those guys in a potential thrashing ?
I reckon give them the extra week off and bring them back for the winnable games in st Kilda and north

Would you risk those guys in a potential thrashing ?
I reckon give them the extra week off and bring them back for the winnable games in st Kilda and north
If there ready bring them back I reckon we won last night with Touk and Hanley or go very close but we never would have thought that pre-game.

Still not looking forward to this one. GWS at home is probably the best team in the league and I always fear for a down game when we travel against a good opposition.

They have been coasting the past few weeks which could go either way. Both Carlton and Melbourne served up nothing to them early and they just took control of both games and had it all on their terms in their forward halves. I just want to see us put up a fight and make them earn it.

As for changes:
Ainsworth - Touk (Brodie if Touks not ready)
Hanley will be right back in if he’s recovered as well.

Dew mentioned during the week just gone that Hanley is still recovering and still a 'number of weeks away'. Because he hasn't been able to do anything at all he's lost some fitness so will need to build that back up. I wouldn't expect to see him until maybe even after the bye?

Hopefully Touk is okay to go, cause he's the natural replacement for Benny who presumably won't get up.

I'm really worried about what the Giants will do to us. Again, this is a big test. Just like Geelong. We have never beaten them away IIRC. Average losing margin against them must be nearly 100 points. Going to be very, very, hard. Look at what they did to the Dees in the first three quarters today. Could be a mauling. Hopefully we can keep it close.

Dew mentioned during the week just gone that Hanley is still recovering and still a 'number of weeks away'. Because he hasn't been able to do anything at all he's lost some fitness so will need to build that back up. I wouldn't expect to see him until maybe even after the bye?

Hopefully Touk is okay to go, cause he's the natural replacement for Benny who presumably won't get up.

I'm really worried about what the Giants will do to us. Again, this is a big test. Just like Geelong. We have never beaten them away IIRC. Average losing margin against them must be nearly 100 points. Going to be very, very, hard. Look at what they did to the Dees in the first three quarters today. Could be a mauling. Hopefully we can keep it close.
We bet them by 40 in 2013 in Canberra never at GIANTS stadium

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another strong performance will give us confidence for the following 2 weeks.

Ah yeah, I remember that Day. Ablett and Dixon ram amok against the GWS kids. Those were the days!
I think Dixon set the all time goals in a game record (at the time) for us in that one.

I said it last week and I'll say it again, Crazier things have happened and the Geelong game gives me further confidence that if we can drag them down to our level and play four qtrs of footy lets see what happens.

I think Dixon set the all time goals in a game record (at the time) for us in that one.

I said it last week and I'll say it again, Crazier things have happened and the Geelong game gives me further confidence that if we can drag them down to our level and play four qtrs of footy lets see what happens.

I prefer to say force them into playing our style of hard, uncompromising footy but yeah drag them down...

I prefer to say force them into playing our style of hard, uncompromising footy but yeah drag them down...

With my GWS supporter's hat on, I hope that's the case because we've been up against seven of the last eight quarters of... well, not that. The team needs to be challenged.

Hoping for a MCG hangover.
And they take us lightly.
And they rest/manage a few players.
And we keep playing hard tough football with lots of pressure.
And we kick straight.
And they don't kick straight.
And Witts pushes Mummy over and he can't get up.

That happens, we are a big chance.

Hoping for a MCG hangover.
And they take us lightly.
And they rest/manage a few players.
And we keep playing hard tough football with lots of pressure.
And we kick straight.
And they don't kick straight.
And Witts pushes Mummy over and he can't get up.

That happens, we are a big chance.
Mummy got smashed against gawn. I think he will struggle in the hit outs at least against witts as well. He is just such a big bloke! Anyone know what car he drives?

Mummy got smashed against gawn. I think he will struggle in the hit outs at least against witts as well. He is just such a big bloke! Anyone know what car he drives?
med_1515000102_image.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back