Review Round 11 vs Giants, Giants Stadium, Saturday June 1st @ 1.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

You said he was sitting by himself away from the team, when in fact he was sitting with a family member,
and I have had that confirmed by another player

Geez, you're nitpicking now....."he was sitting by himself, away from the team" meaning he was not sitting with another TEAM member, even though as you have confirmed, he was sitting with a family member. And if I was he, I'd be sitting with my relative too.
However, it doesn't take away from what was posted by Iva.

Since 2014 injuries seem to build up as each season progresses.
Our 2 best key defenders Rory & Collins, 3 of our best smaller defenders Harbs, Hanley, AhChee all missing.
Ainsworth, Miller and then Bowes after 10 minutes gone.
As frustrating as it is, we can’t afford to have those 8 missing against GWS away. We simply don’t have the depth or experience to cover mass injuries.

Geez, you're nitpicking now....."he was sitting by himself, away from the team" meaning he was not sitting with another TEAM member, even though as you have confirmed, he was sitting with a family member. And if I was he, I'd be sitting with my relative too.
However, it doesn't take away from what was posted by Iva.

We are gonna all leave the issue alone now. Adds nothing to the conversation

Since 2014 injuries seem to build up as each season progresses.
Our 2 best key defenders Rory & Collins, 3 of our best smaller defenders Harbs, Hanley, AhChee all missing.
Ainsworth, Miller and then Bowes after 10 minutes gone.
As frustrating as it is, we can’t afford to have those 8 missing against GWS away. We simply don’t have the depth or experience to cover mass injuries.
Just slows development so much too because the best team doesn’t get the continuity of playing together.

So you are happy with the team that was selected to play today are you ?

Just because I’m a real support and show my frustration with the team and team selection it make me mr negative dose it.
Am I happy with the selected team? No of course not, I'd rather have Thompson, Collins, Miller, Ainsworth ect. Out there but that's not the current injury world we live in.

The two that were selected to come in were more than likely the two most ready to play the game plan that Dewy has in place.

Who are you to decide who's a real supporter or not? The majority of us have been supporting the club since day one or thereabouts and regularly watch this team from siren to siren without a constant stream of negativity.

Clearly the selection panel don't feel a certain player and thier cheap aculmination of meaningless possessions isn't what is required to earn a senior selection.

We don't need anymore Aaron Hall's - End of story.

Am I happy with the selected team? No of course not, I'd rather have Thompson, Collins, Miller, Ainsworth ect. Out there but that's not the current injury world we live in.

The two that were selected to come in were more than likely the two most ready to play the game plan that Dewy has in place.

Who are you to decide who's a real supporter or not? The majority of us have been supporting the club since day one or thereabouts and regularly watch this team from siren to siren without a constant stream of negativity.

Clearly the selection panel don't feel a certain player and thier cheap aculmination of meaningless possessions isn't what is required to earn a senior selection.

We don't need anymore Aaron Hall's - End of story.
That’s enough right there to tell me you haven’t watch him play at all in the neafl and it’s just plain disrespectful.
He gives more and puts his body on the line in your words in a meaningless game at a lower level then 99% of the players playing at senior level.

We will just have to agree to disagree, but all I know is we can’t keep letting hard working talented player like him walk out the door every year, just because of a stupid little fault in his game.

Last edited:
I have nothing to add to this conversation, but I just wanted to give everyone the heads up that these fabulous easy access knickers are 62% off...

View attachment 684732
Lol that turned up on my feed to, Mrs Bigun looks suspiciously at me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have nothing to add to this conversation, but I just wanted to give everyone the heads up that these fabulous easy access knickers are 62% off...

View attachment 684732
Lol that turned up on my feed to, Mrs Bigun looks suspiciously at me
Thank you for bringing that to our attention, It's been run up the flagpole to the top brass.

Apologies for whatever doghouse you happen to find yourselves in tonight.

He’s not leaving, just working on his spread from stoppages.
In the interest of full disclosure - I belly laughed, Quite clever.

As a mod - Cut it out, Listen to SUNS before I've got to go around deleting posts.

Just thinking today that Jack Martin is turning into a poor man's Aaron Hall - the ultimate insult
images

Hey woah now, Let's not say things we can't take back.

I think with Jack, People have a skewed view of him because of the early promise and obviously the high pick we put into him. He's far from our worst but he's not as clean or effective as we'd like him to be. Might be a symptom of struggling to find a role in the new game plan, He's still definitely doing enough to earn a spot in the team each week.

A lot of negatives (injuries, last quarter blow-out etc), but trust the Carlton supporter to find some positives.

I guess I'm used to it.

- Good game from King in only his third

- Lukosius improving incrementally week-by-week

- Will Powell has some real poise and class
(What a great goal! also noticed a couple of times when he had great hands in-close)

- Macpherson an absolute jet of defensive pressure when he's on

- Witts and Swallow leading from the front

- Miles always cracks in

- Bellard had some great defensive efforts early
(with multiple spoils and nice work of the body to stop their run in one particular play)

- Lachie Weller stepping up in the absence of Harbrow & Hanley
(although I think he needs to learn to be more creative and utilise his leg speed more)

- Team ball movement looked good when they executed

but most important of all...

THOSE BEAUTIFUL BLUE JUMPERS <3

It's really good to have a completely neutral supporter come in and drop some thoughts that some of us may have missed due to the "Forrest for the trees" effect.

Got to agree with all of those points. Good spot on the Ballard call aswell, I forgot about him but he probably would have gotten votes from me had the defence not let in the score that it did.

Jury is still out on the clash strip. Obviously you like it for being blue and that's fair but even though it's better than almost all the old clash jumpers I still think it's rather plain.

That red tab on the neck is detracting though.

Thanks for stopping by mate.

Hey Big Red Machine if you are going to the brass about knickers can you also ask about all the skanky dating sites as well. You know the type “single woman over 40 looking for fun”

I Wil pose a pic if it comes up in my feed again
Inbox me with them mate so they stay off the public boards, Otherwise I'm just going to have to delete them.

But anything like that let us know so we can get it looked at ASAP. That goes for everyone. Please and thanks.

I've just now mentioned it to brass so we'll see what happens once everyone wakes up.

Back to footy talk, or we can let this thread die and talk about next week *hint hint*

I would say that’s Alex sexton.. comes out plays a few blinders media and everyone talks him up then backs into the bushes like Homer Simpson and goes missing

Surely his position in the side is now in question after his efforts over the past few games. Yesterday,he played 90% game time, but had only 5 kicks (for 1 goal), 1 mark, 2 tackles and gave away 2 frees, all at 60%DE. Grrrrrr!

Surely his position in the side is now in question after his efforts over the past few games. Yesterday,he played 90% game time, but had only 5 kicks (for 1 goal), 1 mark, 2 tackles and gave away 2 frees, all at 60%DE. Grrrrrr!
Who replaces him though? Watching the NEAFL team get smashed yesterday by GWS, no one was putting their hand up. The cupboard is well and truly bare.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back