Corbett: 8
Ballard: 5
Burgess: 4
Lukosius: 6
Hombsch: 5
Sexton: 5
Bowes: 3 (not his fault though)

Can't have that many passengers

We've only had two games this year with more than one player getting 30+ touches — both wins.

I don't know how the stats bear this out but our midfield looks the worst by quite a stretch. Injuries aside, we need two or three players capable of doing it every week out of the centre. That in turn will help some of the others on that list — better, more plentiful delivery to the likes of King, Corbett, Lukosius, and Sexton.

It's a big problem and I hope our recruiting team are out there shopping for a Neale-type hail mary.

We've only had two games this year with more than one player getting 30+ touches — both wins.

I don't know how the stats bear this out but our midfield looks the worst by quite a stretch. Injuries aside, we need two or three players capable of doing it every week out of the centre. That in turn will help some of the others on that list — better, more plentiful delivery to the likes of King, Corbett, Lukosius, and Sexton.

It's a big problem and I hope our recruiting team are out there shopping for a Neale-type hail mary.
Watching Lyons last night I’m still perplexed as to why we let him go, especially with Brodie apparently doomed to playing out his days with us in the NEAFL whilst someone like GHS (who is never going to be anything more than a C grader) plays seniors. Lyons must have been purely a salary cap dump. I’m not sure I buy the lack of defensive running theory.

Watching Lyons last night I’m still perplexed as to why we let him go, especially with Brodie apparently doomed to playing out his days with us in the NEAFL whilst someone like GHS (who is never going to be anything more than a C grader) plays seniors. Lyons must have been purely a salary cap dump. I’m not sure I buy the lack of defensive running theory.

Same was said for Lyons Barlow and Brodie yet they all got plenty of the ball something that’s seriously lacking at the moment..
At what point does the match selection committee select a team to win rather than get games into players?
GCS have won total 47 games out of 187

I would say that’s Alex sexton.. comes out plays a few blinders media and everyone talks him up then backs into the bushes like Homer Simpson and goes missing

Playing forward pocket for the Suns is one of the toughest positions in football.

Our midfield is in tatters. They could do worse than throw him up onto the ball/wing for a few bursts to help spread the load and get him some touches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back