Review Round 11 vs Hawthorn @ Sydney Cricket Ground (29.05.21 - 7:40pm)

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Pardon the intrusion but just wanted to post on how impressed I was with Touk's game last night.

On a match where skills weren't great from either side he really stood out with his clean disposal and smooth moving.

Honestly I hadn't heard a peep about Touk down here in Vic in the media but after last nights performance (Gold Coast are always a little off broadway) I did a check on how he is going this year and his stats are elite.

Has he always been this good or is this year one out of the box? He seems to have been around a while.
A lot of Touk's value is not evident on the stats sheet.

He runs defensively harder than just about any midfielder we've ever had.
Gives 100% on every chase.

Has massively improved his kicking the past 18 months which was the biggest knock on him before.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers

Has massively improved his kicking the past 18 months which was the biggest knock on him before.
Love to know how many Brownlow votes he’s on. Imagine missing out on the highest honour for a shepherd.

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I watched the Hawks vs Blues game live last week (for my sins) and it really stood out how Sam Walsh looked a class above all the other players on the field.

Not saying Touk is in Walshes league (although maybe he is if he keeps this form up) but I had a similar feeling watching Touk last night, just seemed so much more assured and sharp than everyone else.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Pardon the intrusion but just wanted to post on how impressed I was with Touk's game last night.

On a match where skills weren't great from either side he really stood out with his clean disposal and smooth moving.

Honestly I hadn't heard a peep about Touk down here in Vic in the media but after last nights performance (Gold Coast are always a little off broadway) I did a check on how he is going this year and his stats are elite.

Has he always been this good or is this year one out of the box? He seems to have been around a while.
Has always been one of our first picked because he bleeds for the Club and jumper
But up until a year or so ago his disposal was just abysmal.He would just kick it to an opposition player or handball blindly more often than not
He 's now developed the ability to explode from the contest and hurt the opposition by foot or hand .Add into that an increasing ability to accumulate possessions and better decison making you have Touk 2021
I think there's some strong parallels with Petracca=same age and perhaps the same despair from fans about his progress at certain points
Very similar 2021's but there's an argument IMO Touk is doing better
Although we did get Touk at #29 vs #2 ;)

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Got to commend Lachie Weller seeing him after the game cleaning up the Gatorade mess up off the floor with a fellow staffer.. most people would just leave it for someone else to clean up
Undervalued game from Lachy yesterday.If we gave 6 votes I would have given him one
Dave Swallow just keeps motoring along doing good stuff too-statistically his best ever season which is pretty amazing

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Really , over half his 11 possessions were clangers , Flanders was quiet in his first couple of games but had at least some composure. Was really disappointed in some of his efforts including a crazy fly for a mark and a non competive effort in the goal square. Can't justify him playing in front of Ainsworth just because of the foot he kicks with, it's not accurate or penetrating anyway
Atkins 1 Clanger for the game which was a free against!!
Low possessions per game but 1/3 are inside 50s and DE 88%.
49 pressure acts for his 3 games. He’s soft but if we get it into his hands enough around the 50 then I’m happy.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
I was hoping having the game on 7 last night will give Touk a bit of VIC exposure following a 37 touch, 1 goal game (something like 6 games over 30 in a row?). We’ll see if we hear anything.

His aerobic capacity has become such a weapon. He just doesn’t stop running all game, both ways. He also always seems to get himself into position to receive a handball without getting into the way like some other ball winners do (T.Mitchell).

Love to know how many Brownlow votes he’s on. Imagine missing out on the highest honour for a shepherd.
Equal 6th in the coaches votes despite missing a game. Probably moves up after this round as well. Would be up there you’d think.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
I was hoping having the game on 7 last night will give Touk a bit of VIC exposure following a 37 touch, 1 goal game (something like 6 games over 30 in a row?). We’ll see if we hear anything.

His aerobic capacity has become such a weapon. He just doesn’t stop running all game, both ways. He also always seems to get himself into position to receive a handball without getting into the way like some other ball winners do (T.Mitchell).

Equal 6th in the coaches votes despite missing a game. Probably moves up after this round as well. Would be up there you’d think.
Everywhere on Facebook and Twitter last night, was all about the bombers. Then we had Channel 7 post about our game, Nuffie bombers supporters would just talk about their win on our post, like get a life mate.

You'll probably see alot of Harrison Jones talk for the Rising Star this week when Flanders had double the touches and impact.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Everywhere on Facebook and Twitter last night, was all about the bombers. Then we had Channel 7 post about our game, Nuffie bombers supporters would just talk about their win on our post, like get a life mate.

You'll probably see alot of Harrison Jones talk for the Rising Star this week when Flanders had double the touches and impact.
even on Sunday Footy show today they briefly mentioned our game right at the end in the last 5 minutes with little to no analysis

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Zac Smith was out fourth highest rated player on the ground according to AFL Player Ratings. Not sure how they generate that (normally accurate to the eye test) but I don't understand that one. He must be doing something that I haven't noticed really really well.
Ha ha Sunny
You're not really a poster I associate with axe grinding but poor old Zac obviously grinds your gears!
We've been way better balanced since he's played IMO.
I wonder how they'll manage Day's re-inclusion?
The obvious is Burgess out , so I guess Corbett Burgess and Graham will be back to plodding around the VFL waiting for injuries

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
All this comment after a win remind me of the previous win against Collingwood , apart from Sydney all this win against bottom 3 . Stop being hypocrite when the team lost. Hype up Sam day,Zac Smith will only bring more agony when the next lost come .

Burgess it .

Last edited:

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
IMG_8904.JPG

Now deleted. Disgraceful from 7.

Even when we win they think this is suitable content.

Dec 3, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Few posters really must have known how much improvement touk had in him, kudos to you! He is an A grade talent now. Holman, Flanders, King, all exceptional. Atkins was good at what he's good at. Can't take too much away from that win, Hawthorn are litterally poos and wees, bring on freo in 2 weeks!

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back