Preview Round 11 vs Swans SCG Friday May 27th 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big game this week in terms of how our season will pan out. A win against the Swans will see us enter the bye with a 7-4 record with Lynch Balta & Lambert possible inclusions when we return from the bye in a fortnight. It's not going to be easy as the Swans will be desperate to make amends for their loss to Carlton last week especially back at home at the SCG. I think we're in a position where it's pretty much a free swing for us given we're outsiders with the bookies and tipsters alike.

IMO I think we'll try and keep the 2 KPF up forward as playing Riewoldt one out as a tall will just play into the Swans hands as they'll simply zone off and double/triple team him. Soldo has shown in recent weeks that he can have an impact up forward clunking big marks and hitting the scoreboard and at the smaller SCG he doesn't need to get on his bike and lead up to the wings, we can use Jack in that role and have Soldo and Nank(when resting) sitting deep forward to either mark it or create a contest that brings it to ground that allows Bolton D.Rioli Edwards & George go to work on the deck.

Down back I think we can cover Buddy with a combination of Tarrant Grimes Broad & Vlastuin being able to work as a unit to lessen his impact. The midfield is going to be a fantastic battle, last year the Swans mids cut us to bits with their run and carry on our home ground, so I expect our guys looking to get some revenge on them on their dung heap.

Predicted Line Up

B: [28] Josh Gibcus,[6] Robbie Tarrant,[2] Dylan Grimes
HB: [17] Daniel Rioli,[35] Nathan Broad,[7] Liam Baker
C: [33] Kamdyn McIntosh,[15] Jayden Short,[50] Marlion Pickett
HF: [11] Jason Castagna,[10]Shane Edwards,[29] Shai Bolton
F: [20] Ivan Soldo,[4] Dustin Martin,[8] Jack Riewoldt
R: [25] Toby Nankervis,[3] Dion Prestia,[9] Trent Cotchin
INT: [1] Nick Vlastuin,[5] Jack Ross,[34] Jack Graham,[49] Maurice Rioli
EMG: [46] Ben Miller ,[45] Hugo Ralphsmith,[27] Thomson Dow ,[16] Jake Aarts

Out: Lynch Lambert
In: Graham Pickett

Heart says Tigers by 3-4 goals, head says Swans by 2-3 goals.

Last edited:

Chris Tarrant is a very good - but unexpected - in.

Big game this week in terms of how our season will pan out. A win against the Swans will see us enter the bye with a 7-4 record with Lynch Balta & Lambert possible inclusions when we return from the bye in a fortnight. It's not going to be easy as the Swans will be desperate to make amends for their loss to Carlton last week especially back at home at the SCG. I think we're in a position where it's pretty much a free swing for us given we're outsiders with the bookies and tipsters alike.

IMO I think we'll try and keep the 2 KPF up forward as playing Riewoldt one out as a tall will just play into the Swans hands as they'll simply zone off and double/triple team him. Soldo has shown in recent weeks that he can have an impact up forward clunking big marks and hitting the scoreboard and at the smaller SCG he doesn't need to get on his bike and lead up to the wings, we can use Jack in that role and have Soldo and Nank(when resting) sitting deep forward to either mark it or create a contest that brings it to ground that allows Bolton D.Rioli Edwards & George go to work on the deck.

Down back I think we can cover Buddy with a combination of Tarrant Grimes Broad & Vlastuin being able to work as a unit to lessen his impact. The midfield is going to be a fantastic battle, last year the Swans mids cut us to bits with their run and carry on our home ground, so I expect our guys looking to get some revenge on them on their dung heap.

Predicted Line Up

B: [28] Josh Gibcus,[6] Chris Tarrant,[2] Dylan Grimes
HB: [17] Daniel Rioli,[35] Nathan Broad,[7] Liam Baker
C: [33] Kamdyn McIntosh,[15] Jayden Short,[50] Marlion Pickett
HF: [11] Jason Castagna,[10]Shane Edwards,[29] Shai Bolton
F: [20] Ivan Soldo,[4] Dustin Martin,[8] Jack Riewoldt
R: [25] Toby Nankervis,[3] Dion Prestia,[9] Trent Cotchin
INT: [1] Nick Vlastuin,[5] Jack Ross,[34] Jack Graham,[49] Maurice Rioli
EMG: [46] Ben Miller ,[45] Hugo Ralphsmith,[27] Thomson Dow ,[16] Jake Aarts

Out: Lynch Lambert
In: Graham Pickett

Heart says Tigers by 3-4 goals, head says Swans by 2-3 goals.

Good write up. As much as I would like to see one of ralphsmith, stack or Cumberland come in I think we'll see just the stock standard changes.

SCG is a small ground plus pockets are narrow compared to the MCG. Less running is needed from nank and soldo when playing forward, they just need to make a contest and bring the ball to ground where MJ will do his thing ;)

Last week I was impressed with Soldo's marking, perhaps the best I've seen. 2 of them were either taken off him or not paid but overall he did make some good leads which makes me think we'll go with Jack at CHF and Soldo FF. Nank changing deep forward with Soldo when rotating in the ruck. Agree with jack going up to the wings to present.

Going to be a tough game, we have been building each week over the past month and starting to look like the team of our premiership years with our forward handball game plus pressure.

The Swans haven't set the world on fire over the past month losing 3 and I think we'll get the chocolates. Tiges by 17 pts

Ins: Pickett, Graham
Outs: Lynch (inj), lambert (inj)

Last edited:
dusty debuting for the swans apparently
Nothing surer than dusty will be in the headline of newspaper tomorrow

Hopefully it’s “Dusty puts to bed rumors of a new club love by tearing the lubeless Sydney Swans a new arsehole”

If we cant win we don't deserve to play finals.

May as well then play for draft picks. There I said it.

Why? Swans ain't no pushover on their home ground. I do however think we'll win.

Lions lost to the hawks and freo lost to the pies, I don't think their fans would be saying they don't deserve to play finals.
I can see Freo dropping a few spots, their next 2 games are Dees and Lions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could hear the entire BF Tiger board let out a big bronx cheer when the preview thread finally went up just like when we get a couple of junktime frees late in the game just to "neaten up" the frees for/against ledger
no bus ride this week for sherbert cans

Dusty to snag 5 sausage rolls and steer the Mighty Tiges to a famous win against the odds whilst a pig wearing Pluggers no 4 runs onto the field in the 3rd qtr...
Pig on the field. Free kick Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back