Autopsy Round 11 vs Western Bulldogs @ TIO Stadium, Darwin - 27/05/23 - 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Not usually shitting on the umpires but yesterday was outright cheating.

That link you've shown was from round 8, it's currently round 11 so in 3 rounds

Round 9 - WCE @ Optus - WCE 22-14 GCS
Round 10 - BL @ GABBA - BL 20-16 GCS
Round 11 - WB @ TIO - WB 22- 13 GCS

all those games had alot of free kick's going to our opposition early, if i can recall WCE & WB games the count was 8-0 in favour to our opposition.

Dont be a flog.

The umpiring was terrible. I’m ropable and was at the game! In the same way I get angry at players who consistently turn the ball over on our team, with fundamental skill errors

But ‘cheating’? Pull your head in. They may make bad decisions and have terrible nights as an umpire. But to accuse them of cheating im not gonna tolerate.

Do you accuse our players of cheating and match fixing when they make a poor decision on the field or mis-kick the ball?

Dont be a flog.

The umpiring was terrible. I’m ropable and was at the game! In the same way I get angry at players who consistently turn the ball over on our team, with fundamental skill errors

But ‘cheating’? Pull your head in. They may make bad decisions and have terrible nights as an umpire. But to accuse them of cheating im not gonna tolerate.

Do you accuse our players of cheating and match fixing when they make a poor decision on the field or mis-kick the ball?

Not sure having a month of terrible nights of umpiring is cheating but there needs to be a serious look into it.

A lot of made up free kicks happen to go to the opposition every week.

As a neutral watching the game I was in shock at the calls going bulldogs way in that last quarter, was laughable, but would not have been funny at all as a sun's supporter.

I messaged a bulldogs supporting mate about it, he couldn't believe the calls going his way either.

Absoloute shambles!

I read some of the Bulldogs BigFooty post mortem chat and I was surprised to see a few accepting they were on the end of a red hot deal from the Umpires
As far as that 50m against Ben
You could just see the furious cogs whirring in old mates mind
“If he comes from behind the mark I’m going to ping him”
Which he of course did
Problem is Ben was in the contest and he wasn’t over the mark
The ball was being kicked to him for Gods sake
Yet another case of an umpire with zero understanding of the game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Disagree re MacPherson, he is elite in intercepts this year and is our best 1v1 defender purely from stats. Wins 55% of 1v1s he is in. That's insane for someone who played forward till now.
He is 100% best 22 going forward.
While I totally agree never thought I'd see you post this

Darcy has pictures of Dewy and you it seems!

Disagree re MacPherson, he is elite in intercepts this year and is our best 1v1 defender purely from stats. Wins 55% of 1v1s he is in. That's insane for someone who played forward till now.
He is 100% best 22 going forward.
Still needs to clean up his decisions, made some back kicks (one just before Ainsworth's ridiculous 50m penalty). But the rest of his game is spot on.

Last edited:
Still needs to clean up his decisions, made some back kicks (one just before Ainsworth's ridiculous 50 m penalty). But the rest of his game is spot on.
Ill take the s**t kicks with how good he is 1v1. Him and Ballard are honestly our most reliable players this season (apart from Ballard's game against Essendon)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair to say dmac has surprised everyone this year. His disposal has been generally pretty good and love the way he attacks the ball in the air for a guy his size. Still struggles a bit defending close to goals, had a lot of goals kicked on him early in the season. Thought Ben long had a pretty good game last week and mac Andrew makes mistakes but the future is bright there.

Ill take the s**t kicks with how good he is 1v1. Him and Ballard are honestly our most reliable players this season (apart from Ballard's game against Essendon)
Ballard had more than one average game early in the season but now he is absolute star.

Another good write up.
I think Dmac will be the only one who's position is in trouble once the cavalry arrives.
He has surprised me with how well he's been playing having said that
Agree macpherson out for Budarick once he’s healthy. Budarick is a much better field kick. Dmac butchers the ball and always does those hack/snap kicks forward out of the defence straight to the opposition I count at least 5 of them a week. I think we have all forgotten how good Budarick is for a 22 year old kid.

Agree macpherson out for Budarick once he’s healthy. Budarick is a much better field kick. Dmac butchers the ball and always does those hack/snap kicks forward out of the defence straight to the opposition I count at least 5 of them a week. I think we have all forgotten how good Budarick is for a 22 year old kid.
Nah MacPherson stays over. We don't have a better 1v1 small.

I agree on how good budarick is.
He had a few slow games coming back from his first knee but really hit his straps.

Much better kick.

Depends on the opposition we might play with dmac instead of lemmens.
Personally, I don't think Budarick was so far as good kick as most people believe. DE is essentially the same when comparing Budarick 22 vs Macpherson 23. Macpherson certainly looks a better defender 1v1. Budarick was burned many times in 22 (e.g., vs Ginnivan, Bailey) while I acknowledge he was coming from ACL.

Good problem to have. I would not be surprised to see Budarick more in midfield once he recovers and builds confidence.

I love Budarick but he was not that good as a lockdown defender, prefer to see him up the ground more.

Like the other thread I said Rory Laird 2.0, let him rebound/ start attacking chains.

He’s very good defensively but not pure lockdown which he was doing last year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back