Discussion Round 12, 2016: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon-Hawthorn will be the usual "clash jumpers are ok coz Big Vic" setup :(
Port-Dogs the only thing I'd change is no white shorts (though I love the Dogs in white shorts)
Brisbane-Freo easy
Geelong-North easy (not a fan of the hoops vs stripes, it just looks messy. Wouldn't mind a "no colour+white hoops vs stripes" rule for NM Geel and Coll)
WCE-Adelaide, Crows will wear white (any hint of yellow on the home team and they won't be allowed the yellow jumper)
StK-Carlton easy
Rich-GC easy
GWS-Syd easy but still wishing for clash jumper
Melb-Coll refer comment on Ess-Haw.

Essendon-Hawthorn will be the usual "clash jumpers are ok coz Big Vic" setup :(
Port-Dogs the only thing I'd change is no white shorts (though I love the Dogs in white shorts)
Brisbane-Freo easy
Geelong-North easy (not a fan of the hoops vs stripes, it just looks messy. Wouldn't mind a "no colour+white hoops vs stripes" rule for NM Geel and Coll)
WCE-Adelaide, Crows will wear white (any hint of yellow on the home team and they won't be allowed the yellow jumper)
StK-Carlton easy
Rich-GC easy
GWS-Syd easy but still wishing for clash jumper
Melb-Coll refer comment on Ess-Haw.
WCE wearing peril I believe

Really?
Wonder if that means Crows get Home with white shorts, or still have to wear white clash?
I'm sure this was the other game earmarked for the 30th guernsey. Crows should therefore be in home.

I'm sure this was the other game earmarked for the 30th guernsey. Crows should therefore be in home.
Cool :)
Waiting for either
(a) The AFL to say the yellow hoops on the home clash, or
(b) The AFL to simply say white kit coz they always wear white against WCE, much like how Essendon wore black vs WCE in the nab even though it was even less effective than before due to wearing navy wings not tripanel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why wouldn't they wear that last week against royal blue doggies? Please don't give me the answer it's because of away sponsors, they have enough money for another set of jumpers.
It's a 30th year celebration, so I guess it's a home game thing. For the home fans.
But yeah, against the Dogs would've been great

Crows twitter saying we're in white. Which is not overly surprising, as its consistent with us wearing white away to Hawthorn.

What isn't consistent is the AFL letting Richmond have a yellow clash jumper which they wear away to Adelaide (and West Coast presumably), while not allowing these match ups.

Adelaide home vs Hawthorn gold with brown stripes = no good.

Adelaide home vs West Coast gold with royal wings = no good.

Adelaide home vs Richmond yellow with black sash = totally fine!

Ladies and gents, AFL Logic!

Last edited:
Crows twitter saying we're in white. Which is not overly surprising, as its consistent with us wearing white away to Hawthorn.

Yellow vs white will work - but would much prefer Adelaide to be in Home.

Both teams could even wear coloured shorts, would be no clash (yellow/royal v navy/navy)

So is Adelaide's navy now solely a home jumper?

We wore full home kit away to North in round 1, so it seems that we'd prefer to continue wearing it away to North/Geelong/Sydney. These have been the only teams we've worn it away to for a few years now. I was concerned we'd wear the gold in those games but seems to not be the case.

Of course if North switch to their royal jumper as the home then that will be one less away game to wear it in.

What isn't consistent is the AFL letting Richmond have a yellow clash jumper which they wear away to Adelaide (and West Coast presumably), while not allowing these match ups.

Adelaide home vs Hawthorn gold with brown stripes = no good.

Adelaide home vs West Coast gold with royal wings = no good.

Adelaide home vs Richmond yellow with black sash = totally fine!

Ladies and gents, AFL Logic!

No, its the whole ""interstate" club clash jumper rule" vs the ""Victorian" club clash jumper rule"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back