Preview Round 12, 2017 - Brisbane Lions vs. Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprisingly bullish about our chances in this game actually. Maybe its due to the fact that I haven't had to watch us play for 2 weeks, but I rate our chances in this game. If we can get our ball movement right early and capitalise on our chances then we're an excellent shot at rolling them. They don't have the scoring power of some other teams so if we can get a lead early then they are less likely to peg us back.

I'd like to see Robertson get a role on one of the hill brothers or walters. We match up pretty well in the clearances and they're not as good at punishing turnovers and running out from their back half, which gives me a bit of hope that we won't be quite punished as much for our errors. Going to be interesting to see if we're up and about after the break as thats probably the danger.

I think we're a sneaky chance.

We've had a bye - which I think will be particularly beneficial for our young team to have a rest (McLuggage, Berry, Barrett (effectively first AFL season), Keays, Hipwood etc). Although I do note post bye performance is patchy from memory.

They played last Sunday (6 day break)

They have to fly from Perth to Brisbane.

We (likely) have Rocky back and they (likely) have Sandi out.
All good reasons to avoid this place if we happen to lose.

In: Close
Out: Smith

Correcting the silly team change from last match

In: Freeman
Out: Hammelmann

Hammer has looked completely lost and hopeless at AFL level. Don't want to carry him anymore. We can try to stretch Freo's backline

Out: Paparone
In: Rocky

Paparone has been pretty ordinary since returning. Needs to win his spot back as a defensive wingman.

The Brisbane Lions regain key midfielder Tom Rockliff for Saturday's clash against Fremantle at the Gabba, with the former skipper returning after three weeks sidelined with a shoulder injury.

Half-back Ryan Harwood also returns, with young midfielder Ben Keays and half-back Matthew Hammelmann omitted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For have gone tall with Cox and Collins coming in

Why do you think they play Archie Smith?

Martin plays like crap when he has to share ruck duties because he is useless as a resting forward and Smith has shown no forward aptitude up to this stage either so collectively you're not getting as good of a return from those two players as you would if you just had Martin + a runner like Keays.

iIRC quigley big fan of Harwood as a kid forward rather than hbf? Quigs best footy brain on this board I reckon. Excited to see what he can do

Lmao amazing preview, I particularly liked the bashing of those awfully defensive minded coaches.
Earlier in the season we’d certainly got ourselves into some winning positions but our inability to win a fourth quarter (won 1 fourth quarter this season) has made things a little tricky.
It's times like these I'm reminded of that famous quote: "Alright team, it's the 4th quarter. The Lord gave us the atoms and it's up to us to make 'em dance."
Let's do it for Tom Landry's hat!

At the start of the year I had us 1-9 heading into this one. And I had us winning it.
Now that we're here I'm surprised at where Freo are, but their percentage belies their real position.
So I'm backing my pre-season call and reckon that this'll be our second win for the year.
Go Lions!!
For anyone who cares I gave us only 4 wins before we started...

His last few games have been pretty poor and we've brought Matho and Bastinac in to play a similar role
I'm permanently gobsmacked that Bastinac and Lester command the selector's attention. Bastinac was desperately needed against The Woods,and failed ,Lester reverted to type, including one moment,already mentioned, when he pulled out of a contest right in front of the members stand,totally embarrassing, and he puts us under so much unnecessary pressure ,being incapable of running and chasing.Neither would get a game elsewhere.

I'm permanently gobsmacked that Bastinac and Lester command the selector's attention. Bastinac was desperately needed against The Woods,and failed ,Lester reverted to type, including one moment,already mentioned, when he pulled out of a contest right in front of the members stand,totally embarrassing, and he puts us under so much unnecessary pressure ,being incapable of running and chasing.Neither would get a game elsewhere.
Sorry mate. I can't agree on Lester- he had s quiet game last week but is normally a solid contributor. Best 22 at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back