Review Round 12, 2018 - Brisbane Lions vs. Essendon

Who were your five best players against Essendon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate to say it but not sure Keays has what it takes

Kinda feels that way. When you talk about a player like Pendlebury you say he 'just has so much more time than everybody' and on that token Keays has 'so much less time than everybody'. Just seems to be a real slow thinker/reactor. Not natural. Time is still on his side but not a lot screaming out to me that says must keep.

Was anyone else on the northern side of the ground and saw that injured pigeon that made it through the whole game without moving? That pigeon was the most interesting thing about today's game.

What happened to the pigeon?

Before anyone gets there: McStay was simply outstanding. Played his designated role to perfection. Just an outstanding talent. Just kidding.

When the camera switched to Fagan burying his head after our lad missed yet another gimme, thereby costing us any possibility of an admittedly totally undeserved win, I must admit yelling "well who the hell keeps picking him?" No defence, no attack, no goal kicking. Yep a real talent. Possibly mark of the year though.

I've been a fan of Cutler but I'm afraid his effort today was nothing short of disgraceful. Getting routinely bowled over by much smaller opponents is not a good look.

The youngsters are very clearly looking for a rest.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Was anyone else on the northern side of the ground and saw that injured pigeon that made it through the whole game without moving? That pigeon was the most interesting thing about today's game.

983181.jpg

That just felt like a waste of 3 hours today. There was a lot of faux “effort” out there today. The amount of times Essendon streamed out of a congestion was putrid.
The McStay stuff has been mentioned a lot already,but the fact you have no confidence in him to convert from 10 out,right in front is mind numbing. He just pokes at it,but doesn’t seem to learn anything from his faulty technique.

We can’t continue to put games into Mayes and Lester either. Lester’s lack of speed and awareness is awful. If he was able to counteract those deficiencies with some nous or skill that would be fine,but his skills are terrible too. Mayes still just looks like a plodder.

Oh and Cutler. I don’t think there’s a player on our list that frustrates me more. Had 3 set shots from almost the same spot in the 50 and missed them all left. Surely after the first you can adjust.
He doesn’t keep his feet in contests too and goes to ground too easily.

Hate to say it but not sure Keays has what it takes

He doesn’t. Like many of our players they excel at rubbish NEAFL, can’t hack it when it comes to the big time. Not just him either.

Reckon our reserves team should be forced to play with 16 on the field, make them work harder and not get as many cheap and easy touches as they do in the NEAFL.

Old mate showed some evasiveness when security tried to nab him with a box

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to the pigeon?

Dunno, it was there before the game started. It was happily feeding away. It was injured but could flutter just enough to avoid the couple of feeble attempts security made to catch it. I was sure it was going to get creamed but it never did. It was two feet away from Hodge and Heppell when that incident happened. An Auskicker almost stepped on it.

Dunno, it was there before the game started. It was happily feeding away. It was injured but could flutter just enough to avoid the couple of feeble attempts security made to catch it. I was sure it was going to get creamed but it never did. It was two feet away from Hodge and Heppell when that incident happened. An Auskicker almost stepped on it.
I'd like to imagine that pigeon gets a happy ending.
Probably the same ending as us though.

Ziebell, Cunnington, Higgins, Tarrant, Brown, Thompson, Daw, Waite, Atley, Williams, Jacobs, Goldstein all aged over 25 except for Marley Williams who will be in July. Literally over half their best 22 over 25. You want to point me to our best 22 players aged over 25?

Our age profile for that game was largely the same, I sketched it down on a bit of paper out of interest. It's not really about who is best 22, it's how old they are.

Ziebell, Cunnington, Higgins, Tarrant, Brown, Thompson, Daw, Waite, Atley, Williams, Jacobs, Goldstein all aged over 25 except for Marley Williams who will be in July. Literally over half their best 22 over 25. You want to point me to our best 22 players aged over 25?

Sorry pulpy, I did 'games played' probley where the confusion is comimg from.

Wants us to lose to prove yourself right?

Mate we know you'd love that. Not too late to buy a Sun's membership.

Why would I want us to lose? It's 12 rounds in and we are 1-11. Bodies are obviously going to get even more tired since we're a young team and the end of the season is going to be a long and gruelling 4-5 weeks as far as i'm concerned.

A lot of people didn't believe me when I said we could very well go the season winless and I copped some flack for it, obviously we won the next day however going 1-21 or 2-20 isn't out of the realm of possibility by any stretch. People were predicting 5-6 wins, can you see where they are going to come from? I sure as s**t can't.

Pfft, if I was going to jump off my team (which i'm not) I sure as * wouldn't be going to another team that's down in the dumps.

Back