Preview Round 12, 2018 - Brisbane vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair we did go unchanged for three weeks and he was very close to playing against North. I'd rather he takes his time in the reserves then plays great football in the AFL when he's ready. He is certainly capable of it.

Interesting stat. Mayes has received 5 brownlow votes all in 2013, his first season.

He can't spend too long being overtaken by younger players. When he returns to the side he'll have to do something to show that he's capable of being a gun or risk being a fringe player in a bottom team.

THere is no way Bell gets another chance, I'll be filthy if he does. He can play as well as he likes in the NEAFL, it just does not translate into the seniors for him. I'd much rather see a player gain a debut than see Bell run around again.

THere is no way Bell gets another chance, I'll be filthy if he does. He can play as well as he likes in the NEAFL, it just does not translate into the seniors for him. I'd much rather see a player gain a debut than see Bell run around again.

I genuinely hope we select Bell just to see you throw your toys out of the cot.

Outs: Robinson inj Cameron inj mccluggage inj Christensen inj lester mcstay

In: Berry Lyons C Beams Mayes walker starcevich

Could be up to six changes!!

Outs: Robinson inj Cameron inj mccluggage inj Christensen inj lester mcstay

In: Berry Lyons C Beams Mayes walker starcevich

Could be up to six changes!!
Medical report said Christensen unlikely to miss any training or matches.
Can't see mcstay getting dropped after his best game for the year. Can't see more than 3 changes being made.

Can't see mcstay getting dropped after his best game for the year. Can't see more than 3 changes being made.
That's scary, McStay's best game for the year, 10 touches and 2 goals in the 3rd qtr when we are ten goals down. I 100% hope he makes it but his body of work across his last four games has been below average and he has a lot to work on 5 years into his career. Walker deep forward or McStay , flip a coin. But there's going to be plenty of changes this week. Christensen could do with a rest, whether concussion cleared or not. He has been very underwhelming this year. He's struggled to recapture his good form after two years off. Might need a rest??

I much
No way McStay is dropped. Keep him in the forward line and let him continue to develop. I'm sure a few years back some Eagles fans were calling for Darling to be dropped
I much prefer him up forward than down back, as I said hope he makes it, but jury definitely out.

No way McStay is dropped. Keep him in the forward line and let him continue to develop. I'm sure a few years back some Eagles fans were calling for Darling to be dropped
IIRC everyone was calling him a spud, most pundits jump on players way too early particularly KPFs. I think Darling is a great comparison for McStay re where he can take his game. I thought McStay was very good in the 1st quarter v the Kangaroos, just needs to bring consistency now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll join you in being filthy but they will pick him and expect a different result same as Lester.

??? 7 kicks to halftime finished with 10.Pretty average.1good chase and 1 showy mark

That's scary, McStay's best game for the year, 10 touches and 2 goals in the 3rd qtr when we are ten goals down. I 100% hope he makes it but his body of work across his last four games has been below average and he has a lot to work on 5 years into his career. Walker deep forward or McStay , flip a coin. But there's going to be plenty of changes this week. Christensen could do with a rest, whether concussion cleared or not. He has been very underwhelming this year. He's struggled to recapture his good form after two years off. Might need a rest??
You are a harsh marker So goals when you're losing don't count? 2.2, 8 marks, 4 contested. Our weakness in the forward line is we dont take enough contested marks. Oscar & Eric had 1 each. Each game forward mcstay improves. He only has 1 issue with his kicking.

Just think if he could turn his game into 3-4 goals with 10 marks. He's not far away. And remember it's his first year permanent forward.

I'd be shocked if he was dropped. And I don't think Fagan will change more than he has to. He has been pretty consistent over the last 6weeks with his team.

Jury is out, so let’s drop him for someone who as you ‘flip a coin’ might be better?
I just want to see half a dozen changes after a disgraceful first half that should not be tolerated or ignored. Nth have a good coach and half a dozen pretty good players, the rest of the lineup are playing atm to the best of their ability who try hard and follow a structure and game plan. Wish our 7-22 players would all do that. McStay for for the season has been below average and walker has found some form in the reserves, walker is a chance to replace him either this week or in the coming weeks.

You are a harsh marker So goals when you're losing don't count? 2.2, 8 marks, 4 contested. Our weakness in the forward line is we dont take enough contested marks. Oscar & Eric had 1 each. Each game forward mcstay improves. He only has 1 issue with his kicking.

Just think if he could turn his game into 3-4 goals with 10 marks. He's not far away. And remember it's his first year permanent forward.

I'd be shocked if he was dropped. And I don't think Fagan will change more than he has to. He has been pretty consistent over the last 6weeks with his team.
Goals when the game has been decided don't do a lot for me but each to their own.
I just think it's laughable that your best game for the season is a 10 touch effort and two second half goals, in 5 mins mind you, is your best game out of the 8 or 9 he has played so far this season.
As I said hope he makes it, but that's full of the coin too.

I just want to see half a dozen changes after a disgraceful first half that should not be tolerated or ignored. Nth have a good coach and half a dozen pretty good players, the rest of the lineup are playing atm to the best of their ability who try hard and follow a structure and game plan. Wish our 7-22 players would all do that. McStay for for the season has been below average and walker has found some form in the reserves, walker is a chance to replace him either this week or in the coming weeks.

So the seniors played poorly we want to bring in guys who played poorly in the reserves?

So the seniors played poorly we want to bring in guys who played poorly in the reserves?
Tick, the seniors can't get away with that. And their has been some great work put in by the NEAFL players in contention this week over a number of weeks. Sure the reserves didn't have great week last week, but They didn't give up 80 odd points in the first half. Our performance against nth smacked of the Fitzroy days when we were falling apart.

Tick, the seniors can't get away with that. And their has been some great work put in by the NEAFL players in contention this week over a number of weeks. Sure the reserves didn't have great week last week, but They didn't give up 80 odd points in the first half. Our performance against nth smacked of the Fitzroy days when we were falling apart.

So you wanna drop the best player from the first half?

Sta
Goals when the game has been decided don't do a lot for me but each to their own.
I just think it's laughable that your best game for the season is a 10 touch effort and two second half goals, in 5 mins mind you, is your best game out of the 8 or 9 he has played so far this season.
As I said hope he makes it, but that's full of the coin too.
Some could say it shows resilience, better to do something than not try & kick no goals.

Stats aren't everything. Mcstay doesn't gather any cheap ones. So if he can average around 15 touches & finishes his work better he will be a dominant forward.
Josh Kennedy had 15 disposals. only 3 contested marks, he kicked 6.1 forwards don't need much of it to have impact. But he can't keep butchering set shots, eventually he needs to convert, bit hopefully that comes with confidence.
If guys are tracking upwards you shouldn't drop them & wreck any confidence they're building. Just making changes cos we played a poor first 45minutes isn't going to help. Better to back your players in to respond than drop them out of anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back