Preview Round 12, 2018 - Brisbane vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, only 2 changes. Berry a confirmed in. Reckon it's out of Bell and Mayes for the 2nd spot. I will have a serious meltdown if Bell isn't selected.
Though Berry was in last week too, so still might not get up. Go Fages!

With Stewart out looks like a pretty small forward line against us. Gardiner to Stringer, Andrews to McKernan. No need for Eagles this week.

From our website: Hugh McCluggage (calf), Jarrod Berry (hamstring) and Allen Christensen (concussion) have all been named in the 26-man squad but will have to prove their fitness.
Sounds like they haven't even had fitness tests yet. Nothing certain until tomorrow at the earliest.

I'm hoping the ones that miss out from the named bench are- McInerney, Barrett, Bell and although I would love to see him play Starcevich, leaving the bench as Robertson, Keays, Mayes and Walker.

I'm hoping the ones that miss out from the named bench are- McInerney, Barrett, Bell and although I would love to see him play Starcevich, leaving the bench as Robertson, Keays, Mayes and Walker.
I wouldn’t mind seeing Walker have another crack and the big ‘O’ to come back after the bye. Mayes to play wing/forward would be great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't like Christensen being selected. Hopefully a late out. Concussion is serious. Why play him given we are 1-10 and it really doesn't matter if we win or lose. Desperation getting in way of common sense.

Don't like Christensen being selected. Hopefully a late out. Concussion is serious. Why play him given we are 1-10 and it really doesn't matter if we win or lose. Desperation getting in way of common sense.
Team not even final until 5pm Friday, might be just messing with the bombers. I agree with you about concussion being serious and I don't think he will play unless he's 110%. Not after Clarke. We know better that any club the impact and cost of it.

Provocative bas...rd. Love it though, especially when he lines up with Bell at the start
Ah some clique thinking. Where's 3KZ is Football when you need him? Bell, Lester, & Polkinghorne at the first bounce. Only problem is, if you tell the young ones it's provocation they won't react. Keep a straight face next time, please.

I think Christensen passed the concussion test at the game.
They looked at the vision & he was out. Once that happens they won't send a player back out. Even If they pass the test there's a decent risk of delayed concussion.

So hopefully he got out of it not too badly, he obviously hasn't had any bad hits in the last 2 years so he might've recovered well.

Always hard to judge from the outside but plenty of players make it back after a week. Riewoldt would be the latest example, pretty similar was out cold in the first 5 mins and didn't miss

Bit unrelated but l am a b
Christensen passed the concussion test at the game iirc.
And it does matter if we win the game, we need to put ourselves in a position to win every game because what do you think happens if we continually lose every game like we have been. Players will leave for more wins. At some point in our rebuild, we actually have to win games and Christensen will help us.

Provocative bas...rd. Love it though, especially when he lines up with Bell at the start
We need a player like Sam Sheldon who could rack up the possessions and had massive penetration off the boot in the middle.

I'm fairly optimistic on this one. If we can kick a score which we have done at the gabba last couple of games I don't see Essendon with the scoring power to beat us. Andrews & Gardiner vs McKernan & stringer - I'm very confident we win that matchup.

I'm tipping win #2 Lions by 40+

We need a player like Sam Sheldon who could rack up the possessions and had massive penetration off the boot in the middle.

I knew you were going to write that. I would put Bell in the ruck and have a midfield of Lester, Polkinghorn and Sheldon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back