Preview Round 12, 2018 - Brisbane vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we created a team of “I wish they didn’t get a game” before?
A start..

FB: McKeever
HB: Dalziell, Hawksley
C: Polkinghorne
HF: Sheldon
FF:
Foll: Spaanderman,
Int:

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey! McKeever got us that win over West Coast that we rode for like, 2 whole seasons of bottom feeding!

Hey! McKeever got us that win over West Coast that we rode for like, 2 whole seasons of bottom feeding!
I haven't hopped off yet.
Still the best win I have personally witnessed and teared up over, nothing since has come close, still bloody waiting.

Have we created a team of “I wish they didn’t get a game” before?
A start..

FB: McKeever
HB: Dalziell, Hawksley
C: Polkinghorne
HF: Sheldon
FF:
Foll: Spaanderman,
Int:

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
There're a plethora of names via a quick google search who would come into calculations for selection, only looked at our 2011 list, too sad to delve any deeper.

Matt Austin, Callum Bartlett, Patrick Karnezis, Bryce Retzlaff, Bart McCulloch, Brock McCauley.

The bonus is all clubs would have lists like this, unfortunately our spuds list would have huge depth, at least we wouldn't break the salary cap although we could fit a list of 100 in the squad and still be under.

There're a plethora of names via a quick google search who would come into calculations for selection, only looked at our 2011 list, too sad to delve any deeper.

Matt Austin, Callum Bartlett, Patrick Karnezis, Bryce Retzlaff, Bart McCulloch, Brock McCauley.

The bonus is all clubs would have lists like this, unfortunately our spuds list would have huge depth, at least we wouldn't break the salary cap although we could fit a list of 100 in the squad and still be under.

Callum Bartlett IIRC was a gun junior robbed by injuries. Remember hoping he would make it so we could salvage something from the Fev trade disaster

Not long ago before Leppa and the positional change, he was looking like a future Pendlebury type. I don’t think anyone here has forgotten that.
Well I've certainly forgotten, when did he ever look like a Pendlebury type???

Early on playing as a wingmen there was certainly some moments that me me and plenty of others on here think of a young Pendlebury. Movement, class and time with the ball. Unfortunately, that’s all seemingly dissapeared out of his game.

He’s still one of our most talented. Consistently getting the best out of him is the problem.

I might grant Gaff-esque. Pendlebury's best is his evasion and ability in traffic, which I don't remember Mayes ever showing. Instead he was good at covering the ground and safe disposals.

Great to See Sam back in for his 100th game and I hope he has a belter.
I definitely think he has played his best footy for us closer to goal.
Looking back on some footage he played on instinct in the forward line and knew where the goals were.
He has lost that over time, let’s hope he can get it back.
Good luck Sam, here’s to many more years in Lions colours and 250 games.

I'm very likely looking through rose colored glasses but I remember being so excited by Sam Mayes potential early, similar to my feeling on Daniel Rich early, he was pick 7 and at the time I thought gee we've got a bargain here even at pick 7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Rayner is going to have a belter tomorrow.
He seems as though he is and will become a big game player and with him growing up a Bombers supporter he will have set himself for this one I reckon.
Rising start nod after this game!:thumbsu:

Can someone explain the significance of Essendon uncles so I can be in on the joke? Please.
There's a particularly painful and obvious yet persistent troll who pops on and posts about how his uncle was bashed at an Essendon v Lions game, though the game and culprits vary each time. Been doing it for years now under various aliases, but IIRC generally some reference to "wolf".

Let's hoard the Essendon Uncles onto the Verandah and line them up & push them down the stairs in the style of For Whom the Bell Tolls.

Very literary and quite the brutal scene, seems about right for Essendon's uncles :thumbsu:

There's a particularly painful and obvious yet persistent troll who pops on and posts about how his uncle was bashed at an Essendon v Lions game, though the game and culprits vary each time. Been doing it for years now under various aliases, but IIRC generally some reference to "wolf".
Thanks. Although maybe I’m that troll in a new disguise. Essendon aunties and grandmothers wearing red hoods are not safe either. This is what comes from watching Oceans Twelve.

Early on playing as a wingmen there was certainly some moments that me me and plenty of others on here think of a young Pendlebury. Movement, class and time with the ball. Unfortunately, that’s all seemingly dissapeared out of his game.

He’s still one of our most talented. Consistently getting the best out of him is the problem.

Early in his career he had good kicking skills and good reading of the play and wasn't a bad kick for goal, not an elite player but a good one. Don't think he's ever looked similar to a young Pendlebury IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back