Autopsy Round 12, 2018: St.Kilda v Sydney *2018 PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

I've said it many times before but I guess I'll say it again, I really don't understand what the Lonie hate is for. He's creative and actually tries to take the game on unlike most of our players and he actually gives a s**t which is also unlike most our players. I couldn't care less that he's small and occasionally, and I mean occasionally, gets shook off when tackling. He still lays more effective tackles than most and creates opportunities by hard work. I see more in him than i do in caryard balloon man (McCartin) and headless chicken (McKenzie). Lay off the poor kid.
He has issues but he’s clearly not the first to get delisted like many think. I think he’s been quite solid since coming back, if he can find a bit more strength he has a future imo.

Yeah he did actually. I watched the entire interview. He got made to look like a tool. Even joe rogan who like me is a bit of a supporter of his, was disappointed in him for saying it. He didn't understand why he would say something like that.

Peterson is self confessed as center right. He definitely is not left that's for sure.

He has never suggested it be banned.

I agree on Shapiro, he is very aggressive on things such as anti-abortion, which I don't agree with.

I've been centre-left my whole life, but have enjoyed the ideas of some "right wing" thinkers recently.
Also, a lot of people mistake Peterson for being a right winger, he's not.

You mean the two-hour long interview hacked down by Vice, a "media" outlet with about as much integrity as Take 5 or Woman's Day, into a bite-sized distortion?

Well here you go, he literally says "I'm not saying that people shouldn't use sexual displays in the workplace, I'm not saying that."
I've time stamped it to make it easy for you -

You mean the two-hour long interview hacked down by Vice, a "media" outlet with about as much integrity as Take 5 or Woman's Day, into a bite-sized distortion?

Well here you go, he literally says "I'm not saying that people shouldn't use sexual displays in the workplace, I'm not saying that."
I've time stamped it to make it easy for you -

fair point for some reason i had it in my head he had said it. maybe because i watched the joe rogan discussion here first:

do you agree with his statement here:

"i dont think anyone would say wearing make up to work is sexually deviant or inviting an atmosphere of sexuality in the workplace?"
"yeh sure it is, that's exactly what its doing"
"does wearing make up in the workplace contribute to sexual harassment in the workplace"
"sure it contributes"

fair point for some reason i had it in my head he had said it. maybe because i watched the joe rogan discussion here first:

do you agree with his statement here:

"i dont think anyone would say wearing make up to work is sexually deviant or inviting an atmosphere of sexuality in the workplace?"
"yeh sure it is, that's exactly what its doing"
"does wearing make up in the workplace contribute to sexual harassment in the workplace"
"sure it contributes"

Yeah I really enjoyed that whole Rogan ep!

I'm not sure how anyone could quantify reasons behind sexual harassment, unless they interview all the harassers.

I agree harassment is absolutely disgusting behaviour.
I agree we are at a place where nobody knows "the rules"
I agree make-up and heels are sexually provocative

I'm not sure how anyone could quantify reasons behind sexual harassment, unless they interview all the harassers.

This guy. Even the quotes around the rules.

This guy.
Won't engage in proper conversation.

Nah, no point mate. It would be worth going to have a chat with a woman in your workplace and telling her your views on makeup and heels, also do the air quotes thing when you mention the rules about sexual harassment.

Let us know how you go.

Nah, no point mate. It would be worth going to have a chat with a woman in your workplace and telling her your views on makeup and heels, also do the air quotes thing when you mention the rules about sexual harassment.

Let us know how you go.

You imbecile, still jumping at shadows.
You miss my first point?

I've said it many times before but I guess I'll say it again, I really don't understand what the Lonie hate is for. He's creative and actually tries to take the game on unlike most of our players and he actually gives a s**t which is also unlike most our players. I couldn't care less that he's small and occasionally, and I mean occasionally, gets shook off when tackling. He still lays more effective tackles than most and creates opportunities by hard work. I see more in him than i do in caryard balloon man (McCartin) and headless chicken (McKenzie). Lay off the poor kid.
Agree, he is also often the lone small in the forward line to apply pressure. We need more quick small/medium forwards like Long who can kick is a goal threat and tackle instead of Armo, Weller who's just there to tackle/pressure which is ineffective in our current system. Mccartin will be awesome in a team who can deliver the ball well e.g. Hawthorn.. So he can just lead, mark and kick for goal rather than try to crash a pack or just out of position because of a bad kick. Riewoldt is amazing as he has been doing this against the odds for a decade.. and has the atheletic traits to do so, But Mccartin is no Riewoldt. In our system where we cannot hit a target to save our lives, he is a liability because once he cannot mark, he doesn't have the speed/endurance/agility to chase.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, he is also often the lone small in the forward line to apply pressure. We need more quick small/medium forwards like Long who can kick is a goal threat and tackle instead of Armo, Weller who's just there to tackle/pressure which is ineffective in our current system. Mccartin will be awesome in a team who can deliver the ball well e.g. Hawthorn.. So he can just lead, mark and kick for goal rather than try to crash a pack or just out of position because of a bad kick. Riewoldt is amazing as he has been doing this against the odds for a decade.. and has the atheletic traits to do so, But Mccartin is no Riewoldt. In our system where we cannot hit a target to save our lives, he is a liability because once he cannot mark, he doesn't have the speed/endurance/agility to chase.

Part 2.. I guess the question is can we fix the skills issue quick enough, because otherwise Mccartin is not going to help us much even if he improves his limited agility/endurance.. Bruce/Membrey/Battle are more suited for our talls, all 3 can run, has endurance and are good marks.. all 3 are good kicks for goal although Bruce has gone backwards since his break out year. If we have 3 quick smalls Lonie, Long and Billings, then we'll have a balanced forward line.

I will get stick for this, but at this point, I think the better choice would be to play Mccartin into a little bit of form if possible and trade him to a contending team for a good pick. And make sure we use that pick wisely to 1 or 2 skilled mids via trade/draft. Unfortunately a similar story to big boy Mcevoy, not a good tap ruckmen, but was young, has endurance, is a good mark and can go forward/kick a goal, perfect for Hawthorn because they already have a good midfield so don't need a dominant ruckmen.

Part 2.. I guess the question is can we fix the skills issue quick enough, because otherwise Mccartin is not going to help us much even if he improves his limited agility/endurance.. Bruce/Membrey/Battle are more suited for our talls, all 3 can run, has endurance and are good marks.. all 3 are good kicks for goal although Bruce has gone backwards since his break out year. If we have 3 quick smalls Lonie, Long and Billings, then we'll have a balanced forward line.

I will get stick for this, but at this point, I think the better choice would be to play Mccartin into a little bit of form if possible and trade him to a contending team for a good pick. And make sure we use that pick wisely to 1 or 2 skilled mids via trade/draft. Unfortunately a similar story to big boy Mcevoy, not a good tap ruckmen, but was young, has endurance, is a good mark and can go forward/kick a goal, perfect for Hawthorn because they already have a good midfield so don't need a dominant ruckmen.

McCartin is a tough one. If he had an outstanding midfield getting him the ball he has the tools to be a great player - and his general lack of a defensive game wouldn't be so problematic.

With such poor service, yes he does look like a spud. But it seems like he gets the blame far more for this than what our midfielders do who can't seem to hit a guy on a lead inside 50 if their life depended on it.

He has the makings of a great player, I just don't think he has the makings of a great player at the Saints.

He wouldn't have much trade value right now, so we'd may as well persevere with him, at least for another season.

I'd like to see the team fix itself before throwing him out.

I'm holding onto 2016 Paddy when he was showing big glimpses in between getting knocked out, and his collar bone game vs Rance was when I really thought "Wow, we have a player here".
The team was playing much better back then with far better forward structure and entries.

For the right trade though, who knows. Maybe I'm blinded by faith and the number 1 pick.

so here's the thing, i am a man, so i am not exposed to the crap women put up with. now that i'm older and have a partner and have heard her stories you get an understanding of how bad it can be for women. even daily stuff, like walking alone on a footpath or being a receptionist at a fairly blue collar workplace. so i'm not as in-tune to picking up on sexism and misogyny as she is, hell there's probably a bit of it ingrained into every man.

but she picked up on his comments straight away and was like "what the hell did he just say, that's bullshit and dangerous". young men will lap it up and believe it. especially those along the line of the MRA way of thinking. but for women those comments are appalling and for us men we need to call it out for it is it.

because a woman wears make up it does not mean she is signalling for sexual attention or trying to create an atmosphere of one. they just like wearing it and makes them feel comfortable. ask any woman how they feel going out in public without make up, they often feel anxious. to them its not sexually provocative. to you it might be, but that doesn't mean if you sexually harrass someone they contributed to it. some women find a man in suit attractive, does that mean the completely unattractive large woman who can physically overpower you can continually harrass you at work. of course not. despite what she may think. make up in no way contributes to sexual harrassment. assholes with no respect for another person and without boundaries do.

what are the rules? well it's pretty simple be respectful. i know my boundaries and have never landed myself in trouble. its not hard. you wont be able to define all the acceptable and unacceptable behaviour. its too large with an infinite amount of scenarios. just treat each other with respect.

we just need to be conscious of how the other person may feel.

McCartin is a tough one. If he had an outstanding midfield getting him the ball he has the tools to be a great player - and his general lack of a defensive game wouldn't be so problematic.

With such poor service, yes he does look like a spud. But it seems like he gets the blame far more for this than what our midfielders do who can't seem to hit a guy on a lead inside 50 if their life depended on it.

He has the makings of a great player, I just don't think he has the makings of a great player at the Saints.

He wouldn't have much trade value right now, so we'd may as well persevere with him, at least for another season.

What are his actual tools to be a great player. I must be missing them. An honest mark, poor kick at goal, no defensive play at all, no second efforts. Could probably find more but to me he has nothing elite in his game. The ball is going in the fifty enough that a potential great player would make something of it but because he finds it hard to change direction if the kick isn't perfect he is out of the play. Membery as poor as he has been this year seems to have done a fair job. Even Battle did well in our his second game and provides pressure. God I hope people are right but I just don't see it.

so here's the thing, i am a man, so i am not exposed to the crap women put up with. now that i'm older and have a partner and have heard her stories you get an understanding of how bad it can be for women. even daily stuff, like walking alone on a footpath or being a receptionist at a fairly blue collar workplace. so i'm not as in-tune to picking up on sexism and misogyny as she is, hell there's probably a bit of it ingrained into every man.

but she picked up on his comments straight away and was like "what the hell did he just say, that's bullshit and dangerous". young men will lap it up and believe it. especially those along the line of the MRA way of thinking. but for women those comments are appalling and for us men we need to call it out for it is it.

because a woman wears make up it does not mean she is signalling for sexual attention or trying to create an atmosphere of one. they just like wearing it and makes them feel comfortable. ask any woman how they feel going out in public without make up, they often feel anxious. to them its not sexually provocative. to you it might be, but that doesn't mean if you sexually harrass someone they contributed to it. some women find a man in suit attractive, does that mean the completely unattractive large woman who can physically overpower you can continually harrass you at work. of course not. despite what she may think. make up in no way contributes to sexual harrassment. assholes with no respect for another person and without boundaries do.

what are the rules? well it's pretty simple be respectful. i know my boundaries and have never landed myself in trouble. its not hard. you wont be able to define all the acceptable and unacceptable behaviour. its too large with an infinite amount of scenarios. just treat each other with respect.

we just need to be conscious of how the other person may feel.

I agree with mostly everything you've just said.

The reason I put quotation marks around rules, much to white knight Phantom's disgust, is because things such as calling a woman darling are being reported as sexual harassment now.

I, like you, have never had a problem with it, never will.

Basically, I think the Peterson interview comes across as very curt due to the bloke interviewing and trying to corner him and him just getting sick of it. Since his Cathy Newman interview, that's all any journo is interested in doing.

It's a very quickly changing world, and also one where people are now taking the liberties. A movement like MeToo went from the outing of serious crimes, to 20 year old regrettable actions from the female, to now wolf whistling and pet names. A lot of very intelligent women have slated the behaviour as it completely debases the real victim's stories by including incidents that could barely be classed as schoolyard bullying.

The bottom line is, I detest harassment.
I also detest sophist arguments.
Facts will set us free.

There is no doubt that Peterson has read the shifting landscape cleverly.
Being an extremely intelligent man he knows exactly what he is doing!
Can understand totally on why people fall into him. Quite mesmerizing in his own way, and find myself agreeing
with him on many fronts. And if your a white male 25-50 yr old as Homer would say This guy really speaks to ME attitude about it.
But ultimately, its all very well to observe and critique the state of affairs. We all do it.
Problem is imo would much prefer a man of his wisdom use all his knowledge to offer Real and groundbreaking solutions.
Instead sadly me thinks his legacy will be remembered as an opportunistic divisive figure tapping into the growing anger and darkness
of the most neglected species RIGHT NOW. The single White man who were raised with specific role and expectation.
Never has HE felt the sting of being ignored, neglected and yes quite often unfairly villified for things we were raised to believe in, before and Goddamit he is not Fecking happy.

In the end WE are just experiencing the tip of the iceberg to the truly disaffected! Welcome to the REAL world.
The idealism and philosophies of the past will no doubt prevail again in the end. Greed and Elitism always does.
The rest as they say is just more and more WHITE Noise.....:sunglasses:

There is no doubt that Peterson has read the shifting landscape cleverly.
Being an extremely intelligent man he knows exactly what he is doing!
Can understand totally on why people fall into him. Quite mesmerizing in his own way, and find myself agreeing
with him on many fronts. And if your a white male 25-50 yr old as Homer would say This guy really speaks to ME attitude about it.
But ultimately, its all very well to observe and critique the state of affairs. We all do it.
Problem is imo would much prefer a man of his wisdom use all his knowledge to offer Real and groundbreaking solutions.
Instead sadly me thinks his legacy will be remembered as an opportunistic divisive figure tapping into the growing anger and darkness
of the most neglected species RIGHT NOW. The single White man who were raised with specific role and expectation.
Never has HE felt the sting of being ignored, neglected and yes quite often unfairly villified for things we were raised to believe in, before and Goddamit he is not Fecking happy.

In the end WE are just experiencing the tip of the iceberg to the truly disaffected! Welcome to the REAL world.
The idealism and philosophies of the past will no doubt prevail again in the end. Greed and Elitism always does.
The rest as they say is just more and more WHITE Noise.....:sunglasses:

Interesting take, Malaka.

I agree with you on all points except JP's opportunistic nature.
I think it was a lucky series of events that thrust him into the spotlight, and some see him as a counterpoint to the barrage of the PC culture being forced upon them.
After all, he was writing about this stuff 20 years ago, one hell of a long game if this really was his end goal, I've give him that.

Interested to know, what real and groundbreaking solutions do you think are needed?

Please stick to your comic books and Harry Potter, we've already established you're not willing, or most likely able, to contribute.

Says the guy who in damn near 40 posts has told people to research JP themselves gone perilously close to victim blaming and just responds "youre not contributing" to anyone who calls his bullshit out.

If you've never had an issue with sexual harassment then why do you care? and how can you be unclear on "the rules".

You call me a white knight yet youre the one fighting the good fight for some mythical blokes who just wanna get their wolf whistle on and call their secretary little darling.

You sound a lot like JP's precious incels just terrified that the world is becoming more progressive and you wont get away with what dad and grandad did.

Get over yourself, go to an SRP or GD page and spruik this garbage, you are wasting a gameday review with your drivel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back